PDA

View Full Version : User Name and Picture- Help Needed

GoldenRetrieverLover_01
08-23-2004, 09:34 AM
Hey everyone!

You know how when you post it says your username, then something else than you can have a picture and then # of posts? well how do you get a picture and where do you put it in? If anyone knows what I'm talking about and can help please post. Thanks!

~ Owner of today's DOTD~:D Buddy~

cloverfdx
08-23-2004, 09:56 AM
Hi and welcome to Pet Talk, i hope you enjoy your time here. :D

At the top of the page you will see a "User cp" button (It is the second one from the left), click on that and then you will see
" User Control Panel For GoldenRetrieverLover_01" just under that there is a "Edit options" button click that, right down at the bottom of that page you should see "Other options" and "Avatar" click on the Avatar buton and you should be right from there.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask, and once again welcome.

GoldenRetrieverLover_01
08-23-2004, 10:06 AM
thanks so much for everything, I'll be sure to do that.:D I was wondering if you could help me with one more thing. How did you get you picture at the bottom of each of your posts...with the dogs on it- the big picture. Anwyay, thanks so much!

cloverfdx
08-23-2004, 10:12 AM
No problems :).

As for the picture at the bottom of every post "Signiture", go back to "User cp" but click on "Edit profile" instead of the other button, you will see an "Optional information" section and in that you will see the "Profile" part. You then paste the URL or the image you want in that area, the image must be no bigger than 25k i think.

GoldenRetrieverLover_01
08-23-2004, 10:21 AM
ok thanks so much, what website did you get your picture from?That's my last question for now. Thanks for all your help! :)

GoldenRetrieverLover_01
08-23-2004, 10:26 AM
just testing something

cloverfdx
08-23-2004, 10:27 AM
Awww i see you have got the Avatar (Lille picture) to work, very cute.

The actual signiture is uploaded at www.imagestation.com , but you can make your own signitures or in my case and alot of other people they have had other members make them and then upload them to imagestation. *Sounds confusing*

cloverfdx
08-23-2004, 10:29 AM
just testing something

If you just add [ I M G ] [ / I M G ] at the beginning and end of the url minus the spaces that should work. :)

GoldenRetrieverLover_01
08-23-2004, 10:30 AM
oh thanks so much, that's the best avatar I could get. ya that is confusing.:) I want to get a Golden retriever one of those. I'll try it. Thanks so much! I owe you big time.

cloverfdx
08-23-2004, 10:33 AM
LOL no problems i am happy to help. :)

GoldenRetrieverLover_01
08-23-2004, 10:36 AM
Thanks so much for the last time. I couldn't get the picture at the bottom to work, but that's ok. Thanks again! I gotta go now. Maybe I'll talk to you tomorrow.

Karen
08-23-2004, 05:46 PM
You could use Buddy himself as your avatar! Click on this http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2004/August/23p.jpg and save it to your machine, then you can use Buddy! (And that way we'll be able to tell you from Albea quickly!)