PDA

View Full Version : senorita

Lillycat
08-18-2004, 04:26 AM
you are quite a puppy ..........really just relaxing there too! congratulaions on being dotd!!!

LHCamry
08-18-2004, 05:21 AM
Senorita

You are a very beautiful lady. I just love your color. You are very lucky to have a family that loves you very much.Have a great DOTD day.:) :) :)

bruce-k
08-18-2004, 05:36 AM
I've had beagles for 11 years, but I am no dog expert - what the heck is a "Presa Canario"? Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, IS a duck! I wonder if this owner will have the same things to day about Rita in eight years or so - I truly hope so. I hope too that the owner is very educated and can afford tons and tons of obedience training for Rita, because she looks like she has the potential to become extremely dangerous - me, I'll stick to my beagles - when kids run up to us in the park, I don't have to worry - my beagles are affectionate, and safe. I would not want to own a dog which has the potential to be a killing machine and one that people move away from. If I saw Rita coming and I had my beagles with me, I would instinctively cross the road.

Sorry, but yesterday's dog does it for me - this one I'll pass on.

Cataholic
08-18-2004, 06:12 AM
Rita,
You are one beautiful looking puppy! He he he..puppy at 90 pounds? I bet you give your brother Face a good run for his money. I think you have the sweetest look on your face, but a tongue that doesn't stop licking! May your day be extra lovely. Take a loooooooonnnnng nap on that queensized bed of yours. :D

anna_66
08-18-2004, 06:53 AM
My oh my, look at those beautiful baby blues! You look like one sweetheart of a dog to me! I don't care what anyone says, a dogs reputation is just that, a reputation. It's all how you raise them. I also have a rottie named Angus, he's going to be 13. People look at him and go "I bet he's mean" but they don't know just how wrong they are! He's the biggest baby in the world!

I would definately not be one of those people who would "cross the road" if I seen you coming:D Please don't let peoples comments hurt your feelings because I know all kinds of dogs can be bad, from a little tiny chi to a full grown pit.

I do hope you and your brother face have a great day celebrating your special day as our DOG OF THE DAY!

Logan
08-18-2004, 07:00 AM
I totally agree with my friend, Anna. You are spectacular, Senorita, and so elegant, lying there, looking at the camera with your beautiful blue eyes. What a big girl you already are!!! I don't judge a book by it's cover and I don't judge dogs by their breed! It's all in how the humans handle the situation and I know you make a lovely pet!!! I would love to see you and your brother hogging the big bed to see who gets the most space!!! Even with a bed of your own, I bet it is crowded!!!!

Congratulations, sweet Senorita, on being a very special and beautiful Dog of the Day!!!! :) :) :)

senorita02
08-18-2004, 07:01 AM
Thanks Anna 66.
And BRUCE i am shocked by your ignorance, haven't you ever heard the saying " Dont judge a book by it's cover" get a clue!

This is actually an old pic she is now 2 yrs and a good 120 pounds of pure love & sweetness.:)

bizdevguy
08-18-2004, 07:35 AM
Senorita--

I am all for free speech, on boards and elsewhere, but Bruce's comments were an unfair indictment of a breed he admittedly knows nothing about. How can he condemn something that he's never heard of? I mean, that's just not logical, fair, or intelligent...not to mention insensitive to you and your dog.

I am sorry you had to be subjected to that.

nat
08-18-2004, 08:01 AM
We have an Italian Mastiff and a Rottie too! What a pair! I'm glad you let everyone know that this breed is not mean or scary--they are sweet, smart, and great pets.

Congrats on Dog of the Day!

pipersmom
08-18-2004, 08:08 AM
Senorita-What a beautiful, big girl you are! I'd love to put my arms around your neck and give you a big hug and kiss.

We have a pit-mix, and we get ignorant comments all of the time also. I have learned to just laugh them off and chalk it up to people making blanket statements that they really know nothing about because they haven't taken the time or are too lazy to learn.

Senorita is a gorgeous girl and I'd love to be on the receiving end of that doggie-love!

Congratulations Senorita! What a special DOTD!!!

LorraineO
08-18-2004, 08:27 AM
I am with bizdevguy,,, this kathy person shouldnt have sounded off on something she admittingly knows nothing about,,, I think youre a beauty and would more then be happy to offer my hand to play with you!!!
congrats on being DOTD!!!!

KYS
08-18-2004, 08:58 AM
Rita you are a beautiful big girl.
Congratulations Rita on being Dog of the Day! :D

P.S. Don't let that comment bother you.
Even the experts says, "Their are no bad dogs, just bad breeders/owners."

talia22
08-18-2004, 10:27 AM
BRUCE RITA IS A BEAUTFUL DOG AND FROM WHAT THE OWNER WROTE SHE IS A VERY WELL BEHAVED WONDERFUL DOG WHAT WOULD MAKE YOU THINK DIFFERENT? IT IS BECAUSE OF NARROW MINDED PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT THESE DOGS GET A BAD REPUTATION. YOU MAY PREFER BEAGLES BUT THAT DOESNT MEAN YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE AWAY FROM RITAS DAY IN THE SPOTLIGHT WITH YOUR IGNORANT COMMENTS...

RITA YOU ARE A GEM ENJOY YOUR DAY AND IM POSITIVE YOUR FAMILY WILL TREAT YOU LIKE THE PRINCESS U ARE!!!

THEHUSKYLOVER :)http://WWW.BOWWOW-MEOW.NET

Karen
08-18-2004, 12:03 PM
I have written to bruce-k and explained that we are proud to have Senorita Rita as our Dog of the Day, and that this forum is a place for posting positive comments about Today's Dog of the Day!

As I wrote to her owner, Rita is a beauty, and a sweetheart and I would indeed cross the street to hug her, not to escape her! ;)

susie
08-18-2004, 01:05 PM
Way to go Senorita!!! You are a superstar.

bizdevguy
08-18-2004, 01:28 PM
Thank you Karen!! I'm glad you did that...this is Rita's BIG DAY!!

anna_66
08-18-2004, 01:54 PM
Yes, thank you Karen. This is Rita's big day!!!

I just visited talia22's website Bow Wow Meow (http://www.bowwow-meow.net/index.html) and there is another picture of Rita and of Face too. They are just awesome...you are so lucky senorita02 (oh and btw...your welcome:))!

Rita & Face (http://www.bowwow-meow.net/clients.html)

senorita02
08-18-2004, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the compliments anna66, i have emailed back and forth with u in the past, about the sad loss of your chow, monster.
Thanks everyone for coming to Ritas defense she is certainly enjoying her big day :)

Jax
08-18-2004, 02:11 PM
Hi Rita! What a goooorgeous gal you are! You look so nice sitting pretty in your picture with your big pawsies together. Congrats for being Our Adoooorable Dog of the Day!! :) :D :)

K9soul
08-18-2004, 02:27 PM
Gorgeous Senorita, I was just in awe as I gazed upon your beautiful face today! Before I read your breed, I wondered if you were a pit/neopolitan mastiff cross, but I see you are a breed I am not familiar with, with its very own heritage. Now I will have to research and learn more about your breed because you have sparked my curiosity! You sound like the sweetest girl ever and it's obvious how very much you are cherished by your wonderful family, human and pup alike!

I have to thank Anna too for posting that link so I could check out more pictures of you, what a beauty you are! Congratulations Rita on being the doggie Star of Pet Talk today!

http://www.smiliegenerator.de/s25/smilies-43679.png

*LabLoverKEB*
08-18-2004, 02:41 PM
Senorita, you are simply georgous!!! I just love your color! Ignore that silly bruce guy, he has no idea what he is talking about! Rember, Bruce is a Troll !:D :p

Congratulations, beautiful Senorita on being our most beautiful Dog of the Day!:) :)

tatsxxx11
08-18-2004, 03:00 PM
Dear, beautiful, sweet, Senorita! Let me start off by saying that it breaks my heart that your Dog of the Day celebration had a wrench thrown into it:( But in true Pet Talk style, the troops have rallied and I hope you know that we all think you're one awesome pup:) I for one am familiar with your magnificent breed and your heritage is one of loyalty, devotion and incomparable courage! And as has been said by so many before me, it's proper breeding, socializing and parenting that makes the dog! Obviously, you and Face are two very cherished and loved furkids, cared for responsibly by your adoring family! I for one would knock over anyone who stood in the way of me crossing the street to give you a HUGE Presa sized hug:D Can't wait to go check out the link Anna posted! In the meantime, I hope you've put that one poster's disparaging remarks behind you and are throughly enjoying your day as our MAGNIFECENT Dog of the Day! My shirmpy girls Star the Lab and Cody the Husky x send you and face lots of slurpy licks and happy tail wags:D

P.S...Your very OWN queen sized bed???:D What a life:)

K9soul
08-18-2004, 03:37 PM
I just wanted to check back and say that I've been browsing and reading about the Presa Canario, I had heard of Canary Dog but was unfamiliar with its true name of Presa Canario. The breed standard states:

The essential characteristics of the Presa are those which enable it to drive and hold cattle, and to guard its home and family. These tasks require a powerful, agile, courageous dog with a large head and powerful jaws. The Presa is extremely affectionate, docile and well behaved...

I was very impressed with all that I read about this amazing breed. Thanks to Senorita and her loving family for helping me learn about this spectacular breed! :)

snappy
08-18-2004, 03:53 PM
Rita - you are beautiful. I had never heard of your breed before and just went 'surfing' online to find out your history. I have to say that out of ALL the pictures I found on line - you are by far the most beautiful Presa I have ever seen! :D :D

Enjoy your day!

IRescue452
08-18-2004, 04:44 PM
What a beautiful canary dog! Enjoy your day. I love the breed but i dont like that their ears are docked so short, its painfully unnecessary. I wish the breed weren't banned in my area.

sammy101
08-18-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by bruce-k
I've had beagles for 11 years, but I am no dog expert - what the heck is a "Presa Canario"? Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, IS a duck! I wonder if this owner will have the same things to day about Rita in eight years or so - I truly hope so. I hope too that the owner is very educated and can afford tons and tons of obedience training for Rita, because she looks like she has the potential to become extremely dangerous - me, I'll stick to my beagles - when kids run up to us in the park, I don't have to worry - my beagles are affectionate, and safe. I would not want to own a dog which has the potential to be a killing machine and one that people move away from. If I saw Rita coming and I had my beagles with me, I would instinctively cross the road.

Sorry, but yesterday's dog does it for me - this one I'll pass on.

i dont agree with you at all! obviously you have never met a dog with a "bad" rep.you have to socialize them and tain them properly and they will be very good dogs! just like your beagles.
i agree you are a gorgeous dog!! you look so sweet and love your colours!! dont listen to Bruce,he obviously judges a book by its cover.:p

congrats on DOTD!!:D

vickycalderon2004
08-18-2004, 05:46 PM
Senorita; eres una hermosa perra, ese color gris que tienes es hermoso y se nota que te cuidan bien, pues brillas como la princesa que eres. No te preocupes por los comentarios sin sentido y fuera de lugar de los que no saben ni se interesan por aprender, eres hemosa y lo sabes. Yo tuve por trece anos un rottwailer, al principio mis vecinos se asustaro pero luego que lo vieron desarrollarse en el dócil y obediente perro que fu;e, aprendieron a amarlo, hasta lo paseaban por la calle! Felicidades Senorita!!!!
;)

RobiLee
08-18-2004, 07:01 PM
What a beautiful girl you are, Rita!!! Simply stunning. I'm so glad that you are our dog of the day. I see you have made lots of friends here at Pet Talk and rightly so! ;)

Lots of hugs for you, sweet girl.

Congratulations and enjoy your special day!!

Robin :)

Daisy and Delilah
08-18-2004, 07:40 PM
Hello you gorgeous girl!!! We are digging out of the destruction and damage here in Florida from Hurricane Charley to read what has taken place here in "Pet Talk" today. To our lovely DOTD, Miss Rita; you are one of the most beautiful and sweetest dogs we have ever seen. What a doll you are!! Don't let anyone tell you or your Mom anything different. Congratulations to you and your family sweetheart. You deserve this honor. Always love your life like we do!!:) :)

To bruce k: Who are you? I don't remember asking for your ignorant, mindless opinion. You obviously like to be the center of attention and I guess you have acheived that today. All of us here at Pet Talk love all animals. This is a forum for people to admire and praise each other's cherished pets. Negativity is not an option. In our short time of membership, I don't think I've ever experienced anyone of your kind writing in with such uninvited and unneccessary remarks. Keep your comments to yourself or go elsewhere with your lack of knowledge and intelligence. You have no place here. Hopefully, we won't have to hear from you again.

Daisy and Delilah's Mom

senorita02
08-18-2004, 08:36 PM
Hello
Senorita and I would like to thank everyone for your kind words and for coming to her defense on her very special day, she and i were not going to let meaningless comments like Bruces ruin her big day, Rita has been celebrating all day with her brother Face, Rita is a gem and she knows it!
Thanks Again :D