PDA

View Full Version : Just When You Think You Have Things Under Control.....

K & L
08-11-2004, 09:06 AM
A few weeks ago we discovered 3 kittens in the park, and were unsure who the mom was. We have TNR’d all cats there and have had no kittens for about 2 years now. After observation for a few weeks we determined, or at least guessing, mom cat is Hemi (I had posted her picture months back when we discovered her). So here we sit, still 105 degrees at 8:30 p.m., in the car with drop trap set! It wasn’t 5 minutes that we didn’t have Hemi in the drop trap! We transferred her to the regular trap, covered it, reset the drop trap, and proceeded to try and catch the 3 kittens. As were sitting there, sweating profusely, I just happened to glance behind me and there stands a solid black cat! OK, my thought here: remember the 3 black kittens that someone had dumped a few weeks back, we caught, and turned over to the no-kill shelter? We’re wondering if this is mom and all were dumped there! We tried getting her to go in a trap, but failed. In the meantime, we did get one of the 3 kittens. So now we have 2 kittens, and one black adult to catch. AND….this morning I set a trap up in our yard, and lo and behold I caught JETSON!! So Kevin is off to the spay & neuter clinic this morning with 3 cats. Not as successful as we would have liked it, but successful making that 3 less cats in the breeding pool!!

catnapper
08-11-2004, 09:12 AM
Three cats sounds successful to me! Great work in what sounds like blistering heat! You'll get the black cat and the two other kittens next time!

DJFyrewolf36
08-11-2004, 09:13 AM
You amaze me! You have dedication to the max! You do such a good job with these cats in a situation where some people would just have them PTS. Great job!!

K & L
08-11-2004, 09:36 AM
Thank you! I'll post pictures once we take them!

catlover4ever
08-11-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by K & L
Not as successful as we would have liked it, but successful making that 3 less cats in the breeding pool!!

OMG!!! How do you do it? I think I would loose my mind. :eek: Bless you for all your hard work.

moosmom
08-11-2004, 10:05 AM
K&L,

Not successful??? :eek: Think again! Great job.

K & L
08-11-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
K&L,

Not successful??? :eek: Think again! Great job.

Thank you! Yes, we feel successful but just not as successful as we wanted to be! ;) We were hoping to trap all 3 kittens together cause once they see how the traps work, it's harder to get them to go near them. We won't give up though! I will keep you updated on gender and pictures!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
08-11-2004, 10:22 AM
I agree with Moosmom - great job! I know you didn't get them all, but at least you now know what you're dealing with and can attempt to trap wherease before you were just going in hoping to catch Hemi and kittens. Good luck with the rest of the trapping, great job on the ones you've gotten and oh my, but try and stay cool! We're having record lows here today. It's only 60 degrees right now - and this it's the middle of August! :eek: I'll try and send some of our cool air down for you.... Oh, and one last thing, even Alaska was warmer than we were yesterday. :rolleyes:

K & L
08-11-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
I agree with Moosmom - great job! I know you didn't get them all, but at least you now know what you're dealing with and can attempt to trap wherease before you were just going in hoping to catch Hemi and kittens. Good luck with the rest of the trapping, great job on the ones you've gotten and oh my, but try and stay cool! We're having record lows here today. It's only 60 degrees right now - and this it's the middle of August! :eek: I'll try and send some of our cool air down for you.... Oh, and one last thing, even Alaska was warmer than we were yesterday. :rolleyes:

Oh 60 sounds so nice! It was 113:eek: the other day, although they say we're in a cooling trend and will ONLY reach 108 today!;)

kimlovescats
08-11-2004, 11:03 AM
Great job... I'm sure you will get the others in time!;)

moosmom
08-11-2004, 11:13 AM
As far as the "sweating" is concerned K&L, are ya sure it's not a combination of the Arizona heat and a woman's own personal heating system (okay, so they're hotflashes)??? I get them ALL THE TIME. When it's hot and humid here in MI, they're 20 times worse!!! I finally bought one of those little pocket fans. My own personal air conditioner!!

Two suggestions...putting an ice cold can of soda or a small bad of ice cubes in your bra. ;) Whatever works!

REAL women don't have hot flashes, they have POWER SURGES!!

:D:D Hang in there.

K & L
08-11-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by moosmom
As far as the "sweating" is concerned K&L, are ya sure it's not a combination of the Arizona heat and a woman's own personal heating system (okay, so they're hotflashes)??? I get them ALL THE TIME. When it's hot and humid here in MI, they're 20 times worse!!! I finally bought one of those little pocket fans. My own personal air conditioner!!

Two suggestions...putting an ice cold can of soda or a small bad of ice cubes in your bra. ;) Whatever works!

REAL women don't have hot flashes, they have POWER SURGES!!

:D:D Hang in there.

:D :D :D I'm sure it may have a little to do with it!;)

Tonya
08-11-2004, 11:46 AM
You are so wonderful! Thank you for all your hard work. You are doing a great job!

Catsnclay
08-11-2004, 02:17 PM
What do you mean "not successful"???????????:eek: :confused:

Your crazy girl! :rolleyes:

BTW I really like that cold can in the bra idea :D

K & L
08-11-2004, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Catsnclay
What do you mean "not successful"???????????:eek: :confused:

Your crazy girl! :rolleyes:

BTW I really like that cold can in the bra idea :D

I didn't mean we weren't successful:) just not as successful as we wanted to be!:D We wanted ALL 3 kittens at the same time. Now the other 2 are aware of what the traps do and will be harder to trap. :eek: :eek:

Can you imagine coke cans in MY bra???:eek: :eek: :eek: :D

K & L
08-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Just got a report, all 3 cats were FEMALE!!!:eek: :eek:

rg_girlca
08-11-2004, 06:07 PM
Three females that won't be able to produce more babies all to the hard and dedicated work that you do K & L.

Congratulations and good luck on trapping the others.

nibblets
08-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Can you imagine coke cans in MY bra???

HEHE..'Hey Lady...Nice set of cans there!' :D

moosmom
08-11-2004, 06:26 PM
Nibblets,

LOL!! :D To set the record straight, I only used ONE can of cold soda in the middle of my boobs. So there!! :eek:

Catsnclay
08-11-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by nibblets
HEHE..'Hey Lady...Nice set of cans there!' :D

ROTFLMAO :D :D :D

Good one........I can see that as the new pick up line of the year!!

Thanks for the laugh :D

jenluckenbach
08-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Congratulations on the partial success........here's hoping for continued success..........and I demand pictures of the coke cans in the bra :eek: :D:D

QueenScoopalot
08-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by K & L
Just got a report, all 3 cats were FEMALE!!!:eek: :eek: YIKES!!!! Great catch of the day! Even enduring the sweltering heat, that's a very lucky catch IMO! And all black too? Even with the ears notched it makes them hard to tell apart when the sun starts going down. Many a time I've had those black cat/kitten hallucinations that turn out to be nothing but a shadow. :rolleyes: :D

K & L
08-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
YIKES!!!! Great catch of the day! Even enduring the sweltering heat, that's a very lucky catch IMO! And all black too? Even with the ears notched it makes them hard to tell apart when the sun starts going down. Many a time I've had those black cat/kitten hallucinations that turn out to be nothing but a shadow. :rolleyes: :D

No, only one black one - Jett (formally Jetson:D ). The other ones were gray, and a Himalayan! We got pictures but just haven't had time to download.

catmandu
08-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Your Hard work,helping Cats will be paid back,when you go top The rainbow Brige,and all the Cats athat you helped,will be there,rewarding you,for all your Good works!

K & L
08-12-2004, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by catmandu
Your Hard work,helping Cats will be paid back,when you go top The rainbow Brige,and all the Cats athat you helped,will be there,rewarding you,for all your Good works!

:) I hope I'm surrounded by cats!:)