PDA

View Full Version : DQ Commercial

dappledoxie
07-29-2004, 08:25 PM
Have you guys seen the new Dairy Queen commercial for the Brownie Batter Blizzard? lol It's so funny! The guy tell about his wife making brownies, he got his tounge caught in the mixer and he's talking so funny! I want to try one so bad, b/c my favorite ice cream is Chocolate Fudge Brownie from Ben & Jerry's. I am going to have to go and find a DQ so I can try one! lol

So anyone else seenit? Anyone try the new blizzard yet?

CountryWolf07
07-29-2004, 08:54 PM
LMAO! I saw that commerical few times! It is funny.. I do want to try it though..

Amber
07-29-2004, 08:56 PM
Lol, yeah I've seen it too. Like 100 times lol. It's pretty funny!

Freckles
07-29-2004, 09:00 PM
That's not funny.

lovemyshiba
07-29-2004, 09:05 PM
I haven't tried the blizzard, but I have seen the commercial, and it cracks me up:D

slleipnir
07-29-2004, 09:07 PM
I've seen it once XD I haven't triedit though

sirrahved
07-29-2004, 09:16 PM
It makes me scream in agony every time I see it. I guess I should have been the man. I'm good at sympathy pains!

cocker_luva
07-29-2004, 09:47 PM
i thought it was funny too! also i like the one for the moolatte. (which i tried for the first time today, i give it 5 stars) very yummy. i tried the french vanilla kind.

G.P.girl
07-29-2004, 11:41 PM
lol i saw that! it's so funny!

davidpizzica
07-30-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
That's not funny. The commercial is in bad taste, and it would encourage children to try to get their tongues caught. not funny.

DJFyrewolf36
07-30-2004, 12:40 PM
The only reason why I thought it was "funny" is because it showed stupidity being at least SOMEWHAT painful. Although now some dumb *blank* is going to try the whole mixer thing and sue DQ for it...I just know it :rolleyes:

Take beaters OFF mixer before licking *duh*

Isn't that on a warning label somewhere?

dappledoxie
07-31-2004, 01:11 PM
It should be b/c like you guys said someone is bound to try it but hopefully not.

I still haven't got to try the blizzard yet. :( I want one...

swimma253
07-31-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Freckles
That's not funny.

umm... ok? :rolleyes:

I thought it was hillarious! Because it reminds me of this email I recieved a while ago that was hilarious too! It was about this "hillbilly" family... and the young girl licked an egg beater and had no teeth! Maybe its not funny to some people... but I thought it was pretty funny!:D

Tina
07-31-2004, 05:07 PM
I didn't find it funny either, I thought it was just plain stupid!!:rolleyes:

wabbitwuver
08-30-2004, 01:18 PM
LOL! It was so stupid it wuz funny! I would try one but I hardly ever go to DQ cuz itz really expensive and when I do I go I get a Moo Late(French Vanilla) yum!:)

BitsyNaceyDog
08-30-2004, 01:28 PM
I haven't seen the commercial. I do love their mocha moolatte. Justin use to be a manager at DQ, but that was 4 years ago. It was great, we would get free food.

CountryWolf07
08-30-2004, 01:48 PM
LOL..

Y'all need some sense of humor if you didn't find the commerical funny.. it was amusing..

pitc9
08-30-2004, 01:52 PM
My hubby about fell off the couch laughing the first time he saw it. I think it's pretty funny too!:D
Just hearing the guy trying to talk... hee hee... I'm laughing right now thinking about it!

I LOVE DQ's Mocha Moolatte... YUMMY!!!

Kfamr
08-30-2004, 01:56 PM
I personally thought it was rather dumb, but that's just my opinion.

Doesn't mean I don't have a sense of humor or that those who found it amusing have a dumb sense of humor. People have different things that humor them, so not everyone is going to think it's funny, as you can see.

dappledoxie
09-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Yeah, that's rightm, lots of people do have different senses of humor :D :D Nothing wrong with that at all :)

I still have not got to try one lol! Oh well, one day my chance will come :D

dogs_4_me
09-03-2004, 03:43 PM
I haven't seen that commercial yet! It sounds funny tho lol.

I cant go to DQ because i'm allergic to nuts.:(

dappledoxie
09-03-2004, 03:57 PM
Uh oh! That's no good!

dukedogsmom
09-03-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by david p
The commercial is in bad taste, and it would encourage children to try to get their tongues caught. not funny.
I've been through this on planetfeedback but here I go here, also.
If kids tried everything they saw on tv, there wouldn't be any left! I think the commercial is hilarious. Honestly, one commercial like this can't be singled out. I would much rather see a funny commercial than a boring one. How about the Siera Mist commercial where the man and the dog dive out the window into a pitcher of ice water? I'm hoping the adults can teach their kids enough to know that's not possible. What in the world ever happened to common sense? If people are stupid enough to actually try things like that, then I say, bring it on.

Jods
09-03-2004, 07:34 PM
I thought it was great and I laughed my head off.... but like some of you my bf thought it was dumb and looks at me funny everytime I laugh at it... I guess were all just easly amused eh! lol all in good tase though....

dappledoxie
09-03-2004, 08:39 PM
That's right! :D I totally agree with that :)

Originally posted by dukedogsmom
I've been through this on planetfeedback but here I go here, also.
If kids tried everything they saw on tv, there wouldn't be any left! I think the commercial is hilarious. Honestly, one commercial like this can't be singled out. I would much rather see a funny commercial than a boring one. How about the Siera Mist commercial where the man and the dog dive out the window into a pitcher of ice water? I'm hoping the adults can teach their kids enough to know that's not possible. What in the world ever happened to common sense? If people are stupid enough to actually try things like that, then I say, bring it on.

micki76
09-03-2004, 09:08 PM
You know, I live in the heart of DQ Country and I've yet to see this commercial. But I only have the TV on maybe 8 hours a week, at the most.

dappledoxie
09-03-2004, 09:41 PM
Really so there's a lot of DQs where you live? Maybe you'll see one soon, I haven't seen it lately either to be honest. Maybe they've taken it off or something.