PDA

View Full Version : goop in one eye

caseysmom
07-27-2004, 11:38 AM
Hello.....casey has goop ....light green coming out of one eye since yesterday...has anyone else experienced this...should I call the vet...does it go away....help!

bsherman
07-27-2004, 12:29 PM
Green goop usually means infections, check out the white of the eye and it may appear red. My Tawny suffers from eye irratation from time to time and needs anitbiotics from the vet. Get it checked you never know.

caseysmom
07-27-2004, 12:37 PM
The eye doesn't appear redder than the other one but I need to stop by the vets for heartworm medicine so I'll talk to them about the eye. I know my kids get that sometimes and its pinkeye I wonder if dogs get pinkeye?

bsherman
07-27-2004, 01:05 PM
I have never heard my vet refer to it as pink eye, but I'm no vet. The cream I get works really fast. She is aways going somewhere with her nose down and I think she scratches her eyes. I think yellow goop ok but green means infection. Hope things get better soon.

caseysmom
07-27-2004, 01:21 PM
okay casey has a 3:30 appt today. better safe than sorry.

bsherman
07-27-2004, 01:38 PM
Let me know how it goes? Good luck Casey

caseysmom
07-27-2004, 08:20 PM
Casey got some antibiotic eye drops, they checked for scratchs to the cornea with a flourecent eye drops and the eye looked fine. She said she probably got it from another dog. I take her to the dog park a few times a week so that would make sense.

bsherman
07-28-2004, 06:10 AM
I hope Casey's eye gets better real quick, did the vet call it pink eye? Tawny is not around too many other dogs as we live in the country but as I said she gets the old nose down in the tall grasses and I have to clean her eyes regularly.

caseysmom
07-28-2004, 10:19 AM
Yes basically it is pinkeye the vet didn't say that but when I asked she said basically its the same like children they get it from other dogs. The funny thing is I think the medicine is the same that my kids get for pink eye and my vet said she has used it on her son. Probably the dangerous thing with dogs is if they scratch the eye with a paw they could do a lot of damage.

bsherman
07-28-2004, 10:56 AM
Is it polysporan(spelling is probably wrong) I meant to look at Tawny's cream at home night but forgot. I only have use of email at work. Any scatch on the eye can be bad. Tawny is a 13 year old lab and has had many years or wear and tear as she sure loves to run around and get into doggie trouble. I have no kids so she is really dear to me as she is my furbaby. Hope Casey is on the mend.

caseysmom
07-28-2004, 11:37 AM
Her eye already looks better, I think they are a sulfer based drop...it is called dexamethasone.