PDA

View Full Version : How do you get so many posts?

teenster3
07-20-2004, 10:38 AM
WOW.......
You guys really like to talk!!!!!!
How long has this website been available that so many people have so many posts???
I don't think that I'll ever get there!:p

bluekat
07-20-2004, 10:50 AM
This site is too addicting!:p I've been here since last March I think LOL. But I don't think I talk that much...;):D Don't worry, you'll get to pillarhood before you even know it. LOL

jazzcat
07-20-2004, 10:56 AM
I've been here a year next week and I've accumulated post by mostly commenting on other's posts with pictures. I love seeing everyone's pets and I usually tell them so. I also tend to posts several pictures of my cats. I'd show more of Disney but she hates to be photographed. She will either hide her head or get up and leave as soon as she sees the camera.

When do we get to see pictures of your doggies Tina??

shais_mom
07-20-2004, 11:00 AM
I have been here for 4 years in November.
And people like Sue, Pam, Karen (K9Karen), Karen (Mayor obviously). Rachel, Sandra, Logan, Jackie, Tonya, and Phred were here before I was. I KNOW I am forgetting some people but.....
It's kind of like Nemo and Dori instead of Just keep swimmin' ya just keep posting!!! ;)

teenster3
07-20-2004, 11:03 AM
HAHA...LORI
Ok, I had Matthew help me download pictures onto my computer. Now, I have to figure out how to post them on here. DUH...I'm not too good on computers am I!
Honestly, I have to fight both of them to get a picture. They either won't sit still or run as soon as I get out the darn camera. Besides that, I have to use a digital (which I stink at) & you know how they have that delay....well, by the time I do get them situated....I miss the good shot of them! AGH...it's so frustrating~!:p

Dogz
07-20-2004, 11:43 AM
LOL, teenster. I have the save problem with my dogs. :p

I have been here for a little over 2 years. I don't even know what I did with my spare time 2 years ago.

Before you know it, you will be hitting the thousands, and you won't even REMEMBER how many posts you have!

I can't wait to see the pictures of your furries! So, you are having some trouble posting pictures?

Take a look at this thread! (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?threadid=7406&highlight=posting+pictures)

This should help you a lot.

Instead of Imagestation, there is:

www.photobucket.com
www.shutterfly.com
www.ofoto.com
www.snapfish.com

I like Photobucket the best. It is fast and easy to use.

I hope this helped, and good luck! :D

Desert Arabian
07-20-2004, 12:08 PM
I've been here since 2002....I honestly don't have that many posts...there are tons of members on here who have been here for less than a year and have more posts than I do...

jonza
07-20-2004, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by teenster3
How long has this website been available that so many people have so many posts???
Perhaps having an Internet connection at your work place might help? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

G.P.girl
07-20-2004, 12:30 PM
ive been here a faily long time, but i don't have many posts because ilways go through fazes where i won't posts for months and then there will be days when i do 60 posts. i think it goes by alot faster if you don't pay attenion to how many you hae. like i only notice sometimes, and yesterday i looked and had i was almost halfway to 3000. i guees we do like to talk alot :D

Kfamr
07-20-2004, 12:31 PM
What posts?

I never post. :p

catnapper
07-20-2004, 12:38 PM
I talk too much. I ignore the houseworkl (like right now I'm supposed to be doing the grocery shopping!)

I've been here nearly 9 months.... since I lost my job and have been home to play all day! :D But now that things are picking up for me, I'm spending less time talking (oh NO!!!) but I still get to spend about an hour or two a day instead of watching tv like I used to.

aly
07-20-2004, 12:43 PM
It took me over 3 years to rack up these posts, hehe :)

Logan
07-20-2004, 12:56 PM
I just looked and saw that I joined Pet Talk on 7/3/2000 as lhg0962 (changed my nickname, later). It took a long time and a lot of posting to get this far. Hopefully, all of my posts have been "quality" posts.

I always say to focus on "quality", not "quantity". Hopefully you will do the same.

Logan

RedHedd
07-20-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by jonza
Perhaps having an Internet connection at your work place might help? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Shhh! Don't tell my boss! I'm SUPPOSED to be working!

G.P.girl
07-20-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by jonza
Perhaps having an Internet connection at your work place might help? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
and school :p

CatDad
07-20-2004, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by RedHedd
Shhh! Don't tell my boss! I'm SUPPOSED to be working!

Hey I am too!:D:D

OK, Now I have to get back to work.;)

Karen
07-20-2004, 03:11 PM
Sandra, (tattsxxx11), our top poster, is kind enough to say something nice about each and every dog, cat and pet featured on the homepages. She also posts other stuff, but just think 3x365 = 1,095 posts - and that's just for the "tday's featured" animals! :)

Pet Talk has been around since June 24, 2000. PetoftheDay.com has been in existence since September 1, 1997!

almamee
07-21-2004, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
What posts?

I never post. :p

lol you sure do have a lot but I have been here almost a year and now I'm trying to get 200 and I post like every single one but I'm not there yet but wish me luck to get to 200 or more I wonder how long until 1000 lol:D :D :D

DogLover9501
07-21-2004, 08:26 AM
I'll be here a year in September, I also don't even remember what I did in my spare time!

Randi
07-21-2004, 09:26 AM
I thought it was fun when I reached 100 posts. I have been quite steady with about 5 a day - some days more, some less.

If you take a look at the member list, you'll see that many of the most well respected members, have far fewer posts than the ones posting like mad because they're bored.

So don't worry about how many you have, people will notice interesting posts. ;)

As Logan says, quality over quantity!!

Tonya
07-21-2004, 10:12 AM
I think I've been here since Feb or March of 2003. I talk to much. hehe.