PDA

View Full Version : Poor Luna has just got her second enema this week

Kirsten
10-25-2001, 01:40 PM
My Luna has problems with constipation for a while now and it got worse, so she's already got a small enema on Tuesday. It was only temporarily successful, so the vet decided to give her a bigger one today after she x-rayed her and saw that that her colon was very full. All this happened under anesthesia today, Luna spent several hours at the vet's today.
Now I took her home and she isn't doing very well at all! She has been full of feces so there was no other choice but giving her a shower which made her so upset. She's still dizzy from the anesthesia, the feces and enema liquid is still dropping out of her and obviously she's also feeling sick because she has just vomited.
I'm feeling so sorry for my poor baby! Maybe your kitties have some nice words for her to cheer her up?

Kirsten

Edwina's Secretary
10-25-2001, 01:52 PM
Poor little Luna!!! Precisely why I stay away from doctors. Does she have "cat grass" to eat? Maybe a little bran mixed in with the kibbles?

And a shower after all of that! Edwina feels the need to take a nap just thinking about it.

But befores she drifts to sleep she wants to send Luna lots of positive energy and cyber roughage.

Please feel better soon!

Lady Edwina

thelmalu99
10-25-2001, 01:56 PM
Oh, Luna! We're so sorry that you had to go through this! Please know that our thoughts are with you (Momma's too!) and we hope you feel better real soon!

Snuggles and Purrs,
Elvis, Danny
and Yertle

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: thelmalu99 ]

Former User
10-25-2001, 01:57 PM
Cheer up Luna, you will feel much better soon! Your mommie is taking good care of you.

Keep us posted on how you're feeling ok?

Liebe Grüße :)

Uniqueviking
10-25-2001, 02:23 PM
Poor Luna...she has all our sympathy and we hope you'll feel better soon!

We are thinking of you!

Viele Liebe Grüsse and die Cyber Celebrity und Gute Besserung
from your 3 Danish cousins Beans, Bladie and Jade

purrley
10-25-2001, 02:33 PM
So sorry Luna you and your Mom have this to contend with - hope everything gets goin normally so you can be happy and playful again!

Logan
10-25-2001, 02:59 PM
Oh, Luna. :( You precious baby. I am so sorry you have had to deal with all of this, enemas and showers!! Its too much for a precious girl like you to have to deal with!! I hope your vet is looking beyond the immediate relief, to figure out why you are having these problems.

Kirsten, you are a good mama :) for that baby Luna. Please know that we all hope that everything will be "normal" again soon.

Logan

Kirsten
10-25-2001, 04:03 PM
Thanks for your kind words everyone! :) I'm sure Luna appreciates it, too, even though she's still a bit confused.
But she's doing better meanwhile, she's not so dizzy anymore and a few minutes ago, she jumped onto the kitchen counter. And she starts grooming and is more active now.

Edwina's Secretary, she has cat grass and she even eats it, but never vomits hairballs. I'm also feeding her Hill's Hairball Control which contains a lot of fiber, but we've been running out of it during the last weekend, that was when the problem occured.

Spencer, the vet thinks that her colon is working slowly because Luna has become so lazy. I hope I'll be able to move into a bigger appartment next year so I could get Luna a little kitty friend to play with. That way she will be more active. :)

However, thanks for your replies, I hope Luna will be alright soon! What an awful day for her today!

Kirsten

thelmalu99
10-25-2001, 04:32 PM
That's a really good idea for Luna, Chuck. I know my kitties get a really good workout running around after that laser dot.
Kirsten, hang in there. I'm sure she will be feeling better soon. It's so hard when your kitty is sick, but we are all here for you and thinking of little Luna. :)

catwoman
10-25-2001, 08:36 PM
Kirstin,

Thelma & Weezie send Luna their love and upmost concern! They are glad she is beginning to feel a little more like herself again.

Maybe this answers the droopy belly question, too ... at least in part? :confused:

Hang in there,
Dianne

AvaJoy
10-25-2001, 09:36 PM
Gosh . . . I sure hope little Luna feels better soon . . . what an awful ordeal she has been through! :( It is good news that she is more active now and grooming herself; thanks to her Mom's tender loving care she should be good as new in no time! :)

Kirsten
10-26-2001, 04:52 PM
Luna says thank you for all the get-well-wishes, she's doing much better today! She's hungry, she's playing, and she lost some weight... :)

Spencer, I've bought one of these laser pointers last week and Luna loves it! Now she has her work out several times a day, she already starts getting excited when she sees the laser pointer in my hand... She likes it! :)

Kirsten

tatsxxx11
10-26-2001, 06:26 PM
Dear Kirsten and Luna. So sorry I saw this post so late. Poor Luna Lamby Girl. What an ordeal!!! Sick from both ends and wet and dizzy to boot!! But I'm so happy to hear you're feeling better precious Luna :) And the laser will give you a real good workout! Lots of love and kisses and purrrrrs to you from Mr. B and Oliver!