PDA

View Full Version : To cute, not to share with ya'll!

Laura's Babies
07-08-2004, 07:23 AM
This is a Mamma cat at the shelter and a kitten. Someone brought the infant kitten in one morning, without the Mama. Later, someone brought a Mama cat in, without her kittens so they put the two in together and the Mama cat took over the care of this kitten. I caught this picture one day while I was cleaning in there, it was just so cute the way they were sitting there like they were. The kitten now has teeth and is trying to eat on it's on but still nurses on the Mama cat. Second picture is just to show you how small the baby is. Yesterday, it started climbing on the cage, crying for attention. It is so small and just to cute for words! I call the baby "Weebit" because it is such a wee bit of a little thing.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid127/p4f8114b575ad27b33466c087aa5cdc33/f7efaf81.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid127/p3718b8ea8dddeb3c0a8ef3154a40bda2/f7efaf82.jpg

Logan
07-08-2004, 07:25 AM
What a precious baby! And what a wonderful mama cat to take over the "mothering"!! :)

catlover4ever
07-08-2004, 07:39 AM
How sweet. Weebit is adorable and Mamma should get a hug and a kiss for being so wonderful in taking care of Weebit. {{{hugs and kisses}}}

catnapper
07-08-2004, 08:28 AM
AWWWW! He looks just like Allen did as a kitten! Smooches to Weebit!

CatMama78
07-08-2004, 08:31 AM
Aww, maybe someone will adopt them both together.......What a sweet Mama cat. And Weebit is so cute in that first picture - looks like his lips are pursed together for a kiss. I'll take care of that :)

catmandu
07-08-2004, 08:39 AM
Like Allen,Weebit,I think must resemble My Michael,when he was a Kitten,although I doidnt know Michael,until he was about a year,and a half! That is a fine coicedence,that these Cats,found each other,when each needed a friend!

kimlovescats
07-08-2004, 10:12 AM
Oh Laura .... wee bit reminds me so much of my Pee Wee!!! :( ;)
Good luck sweet baby boy!!!! ((((HUGS)))

Kim:)

Barbara
07-08-2004, 10:54 AM
So good that there was a Mama right here for our little boy:)

They'll both be happy to have each other:)

jazzcat
07-08-2004, 11:21 AM
Oh Laura, now I have some idea of what my little Scout might have looked like as a baby. Awwww!!!! What and adorable little kitten and a beautiful mom!!!

Catsnclay
07-08-2004, 01:51 PM
I just love itty-bitty babies!

A few weeks ago at K&L's house someone brought 10 day old babies........oh, was I in heaven!! :D :) They sure don't stay tiny long though.....:( love then while you can!!

QueenScoopalot
07-08-2004, 02:45 PM
Precious little pair! Did the mom cat's own litter get adopted out I hope? I sure hope that some well meaning person didn't bring her in not knowing where her babies were. :( Things like that worry me so, as I've heard that starvation is the absolute worst way a creature can die.

Laura's Babies
07-08-2004, 03:56 PM
QSAL.. No kittens were brought in with the mama cat, I just got the brief version of the story. The way Weebit is "mocking" his adopted Mama's pose just cracked me up and that is why I had to take that pic.. That is the sweetiest little baby, screams for attention the whole time I am in there cleaning....

What I find cruel is the people who bring in the Mama's WITH kittens... They want kittens until they grow up and HAVE kittens then they dump them all on the shelters! The THINGS I have learned while working in that shelter!!! Grrrrrrrrr!