PDA

View Full Version : Reggie and Sydney to the vet

wolf_Q
07-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Reggie and Sydney went to the vet today. They both needed updated vaccinations. Also there were a couple of other things.

A while back Reggie had some lumps in his neck...we took him to the vet and he was given a shot/antibiotic and the lumps pretty much went down. Well they started growing larger again. The vet said he thought that it was caused by an infection from his teeth. Reggie is older and has pretty bad teeth, they were scaled a few years ago but they've gotten bad again...so anyway, he said it would be best to just pull all his teeth. I guess he tried to pull all the teeth but a couple were still good so he still has a couple of teeth left. He gave us some pills to give him for the next week or so as well.

And Sydney has stitches now. A while ago she got a little wound on her side (we think she caught it against something outside). We kept it clean and it healed without infection or anything, but the scar was really puffy. We thought it would go down but it never did, and it seemed to bother her a bit. So the vet cut it open and apparently there was a little cyst that had formed under the scar. I hope the scar from the incision heals better!

They are both really groggy right now. Poor Reggie couldn't hardly walk and kept trying to go up the stairs so we just put him in the crate. I think they'll be feeling better soon though, and I hope this helps with Reggie's lumps!

Cincy'sMom
07-01-2004, 03:55 PM
Poor doggies. I hope their ouchies heal quickly, and that Reggie doesn't have too hard of a time with his missing teeth. My mom's Jack's front teeth are all worn down to almost nothing becuase of his former life and he does just fine.

ChrisH
07-01-2004, 05:18 PM
Aww, poor pups, hope they are both feeling better soon. Also that Reggie's lumps are a thing of the past.

Hugs to them both.
Chris

Cinder & Smoke
07-01-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q

They both needed updated vaccinations.

Also there were a couple of other things...

:eek:

"... a kupla udder thingz ..."

They nebber tell ya da WHOLE Storrie... :mad:

Poor Reggie ~
No TEEFERz ... tell em ya wunt Dentures! :cool:

an Poor Syd ~
Frum a lil *bump* to a :eek: Zippur!

Next Tyme - when ya hear da kar keyz *rattlin* ~
ya both better HIDE a lil better! :rolleyes:

Hope ya both Feel Better SOON!!
;)

anna_66
07-01-2004, 05:48 PM
Ohhh poor Reggie & Sydney:( Don't sound like today was their day.

Here's hoping they both heal well and fast!

KYS
07-01-2004, 06:55 PM
Awwww! poor babies.
Sending them both get well wishes.

(((^..^)))

wolf_Q
07-01-2004, 09:37 PM
Well Sydney's fine and acting normal (just have to keep her from playing with Nebo or she could rip the stitches open)

Reggie's not doing too great though. He's still majorly groggy and kind of stumbles when he walks. He has bloody drool all over himself, and he can't seem to hold his tongue inside his mouth, it's been hanging out the side. :( I hope he is better tomorrow.

zippy-kat
07-01-2004, 10:45 PM
awww poor reggie! it's not fun to have teethers pulled!

{{hugs to you, mommy, and sissy syd!}}

Crikit
07-01-2004, 10:46 PM
aw poor Reg and Syd. Hope they're both feeling okay soon.

ramanth
07-02-2004, 09:39 AM
Awww poor Reggie and Sydney. I hope they are feeling better!

Kona & Oreo's mom
07-02-2004, 09:44 AM
Get well soon, Reggie and Sydney!

tatsxxx11
07-02-2004, 03:07 PM
Oh Reggie and Sydney!!! It was a rough day for you guys, huh?:( But hopefully you'll be feeling lots better now sweeties with those teeth out and the cyst removed. Lots of get well hugs to you both!!!:)

ChrisH
07-03-2004, 11:01 AM
Amy, how is Reggie doing?

Amber
07-03-2004, 02:42 PM
Awww!

I hope they are both okay! :(

I'll be thinking of them both!

wolf_Q
07-03-2004, 10:41 PM
Reggie seems like he's a lot better now! No more icky drooling or anything like that. He's acting normal.....barking, barking, barking, that's normal for Reggie!

micki76
07-03-2004, 11:11 PM
Yay!! I'm glad they're both doing good! I also hope pulling all those teeth clears up Reggie's lumps.

ChrisH
07-04-2004, 05:38 AM
Glad to hear he is back to normal. :D Thanks for the update, Amy. :)