PDA

View Full Version : What does your bird eat?

BitsyNaceyDog
06-26-2004, 10:50 PM
I have 7 birds. 1 cockatoo, 1 Indian ringneck parakeet, 1 lovebird, and 4 cockatiels. They all eat parakeet seed and a zupreem diet. The cockatoo and ringneck get a few sunflower seeds everyday too. They all love their fruit and vegetables too. Corn being the all around favorite.

What are some of you birds favorites?

Twisterdog
06-26-2004, 11:10 PM
The pararkeets and finches eat a pretty standard diet - seed, pellets, fruit, veggies.

The starling, however ... now there is an interesting bird. He eats dog food, meat, crickets, moths, ants, shrimp, blood worms and poultry mash.

aly
06-26-2004, 11:38 PM
Ew Twister, that certainly doesn't sound appetizing, but I'm sure the birdy LOVES it :D

I don't have any birds .... YET .... hopefully I will soon though :) So I'm interested to see what some of the other favorites are (especially for cockatiels!)

lute
06-27-2004, 08:49 AM
i have a cokateil. he eats seed and a very little amount of fruit. the reason he doesn't eat that much is because he WON'T eat it. he also likes to try whatever im eating.:rolleyes:

NoahsMommy
06-27-2004, 12:30 PM
We have 2 parakeets. I feed them Nutraphase Parakeet food, millet, and a fruit/veggie mixture in their food.

I've provided them with wheat bread, dried fruits, fresh fruits and veggies in their treat bowl, but they don't go near it. Why??? Any ideas?

When I took them for their wing trim, I took them to a restaurant on the way home and shared my tortilla with them, they ate every trace of that thing.

My Peanuts
06-27-2004, 02:15 PM
My cockatiels eat, within reason, what ever I eat. The doctor said, especially since Alex is a little on the thin side, that what ever I make for myself to eat give her and Danny some.

Mostly, they eat pellets, seed, veggies, fruit, and I offer them eggs, bread, pizza, rice, pasta. We are still working on what they like and don't like.