PDA

View Full Version : The Very Long Weekend

Edwina's Secretary
06-18-2004, 02:00 PM
It has been brought to my attention (thanks Debbie!) that Eddie came to spend the weekend one year ago! What a long weekend and what a long way he has come....from this...
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid73/pdf64544726cf657be368c54718bb156a/fb6eed60.jpg
A scared kitty hiding in the basement to......
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid122/pbe577a47ba76839477ae3ddccfc10916/f83dace5.jpg
relaxed and self assured!!!

Killearn Kitties
06-18-2004, 02:05 PM
Oh Eddie! What a long way you have come indeed!! And haven't we all enjoyed travelling that road with you, courtesy of fabulous commentary and pictures.

You are an adorable boy. Keep making the headlines, adorable boy! :D

ramanth
06-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Wow!!! Has it been a year already!?!? :eek: :eek: :D :D

I wish all MY weekends were that long. ;)

I see an Eddie belly!!! :D :D :D *RUB* *RUB* *RUB*

RedHedd
06-18-2004, 02:25 PM
an Eddie belly AND those bent paws! AWW! Must Schmoozle! Edwina, be very nice to your boyfriend!

catnapper
06-18-2004, 02:26 PM
Yay! Happy gotcha weekend! What was PT like before you arrived?

Cataholic
06-18-2004, 02:31 PM
Oh, Eddie! Such a HUGE chasm you have bridged. From fearful to freedom! You are such a delight, and I was so honored to meet both you and HH.

Rub, rub, rub...

slick
06-18-2004, 02:31 PM
Happy gotcha day Eddie! I hope that you will be honoured with lots of treats and maybe even a kiss from Lady E??? Wishful thinking....:D

**hint** I think this deserves another diary entry....;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-18-2004, 02:38 PM
Time flies when you are having fun!!! Happy gotcha day, gorgeous Eddie!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-18-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
I wish all MY weekends were that long. ;)

That's the same thing I said. :D

Eddie, I just can't express how happy I am that you won over the hearts of Blondie, Curly and especially HH. You now have everything I had hoped you would have when I brought you in off the streets.

Here are just a few more pics of your humble beginnings.

This is the picture I found one morning, stuck through the mail slot in my door at work.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid122/p590e692f8f36a9874ff6f0c40c424a7e/f837928a.jpg

I showed my boss and asked if I could keep this sweetie in the office until I found a home for him. At first he said "You don't have to take him you know?" And my reply was "Look at that face! How could I not take him?" He relented and I got to meet Eddie face to face for the first time.

This is what I saw.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid122/p695a961e3e8ee0f989d8df341e6e67e1/f8379288.jpg

Then one of the upstairs tenants scared him and made me doubly convinced I needed to get him off the streets.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid122/pcca3b9e3cb06e3a42d42e7db3855160a/f8379287.jpg

The tenants that had been feeding him said their next door neighbors had moved and all of a sudden the cat started showing up, so we figured they just left him. How could anyone leave a face like that? So I brought him in and started looking for a home for him. I didn't know it at the time, but I was seeing signs of what was to come.
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid122/p9c25dcd932a27b779a07f7443ba5629a/f83791e8.jpg
Notice how dirty his tummy and feet are compared to the picture Sara posted. Poor guy was just filthy!

I was worried about him being in the office all weekend with no one around. Sara generously offered to keep him in her basement for the weekend, on the condition I pick him up Monday morning again. She had mentioned that Curly was interested in him, but their big concern was how Edwina would take to a new kitty friend. They didn't want to upset her so they just weren't sure they could take him for good.

Much to my pleasant surprise, I got a call Sunday afternoon asking if they could keep him for a while longer. Even though he was scared and didn't come out much that weekend, he had already worked his charm on them. Now here it is a year later already, and it appears that Edwina has finally succumbed to his charms also. She was a tough nut to crack, but judging by the above pic, I think she's finally giving in.

He is such a sweet gently boy and I knew he'd make the perfect kitty for someone. Oh how I wanted that someone to be me, but when it was clear that wasn't going to happen, my next best option is where he is today - and I couldn't be happier for him.

Didn't mean to go on so, but as you can tell, Eddie is still very close to my heart. Big hugs and smoochies to you sweetie. :)

And finally, a video I took while he was here in the office with me. This was towards the end of the week when he was feeling more comfortable around me. He was sooo starved for attention, and I was more than happy to give it to him.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-18-2004, 02:53 PM
Video didn't post, I'll try it again otherwise I'll probably have to resize it, it's kinda big.

I also forgot to post this link (http://petoftheday.com/talk/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=342727&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending) where you can go back and read all his journal entries (in case you missed them the first time). :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
06-18-2004, 02:56 PM
Ok, one more time

zippy-kat
06-18-2004, 03:41 PM
:D Happy Gotcha Day, Eddie!

sirrahbed
06-18-2004, 04:22 PM
OMG Eddie is the sweetest little heartbreaker!! I love these year ago pictures!! I am JUST NOW making the connection with one of my favorite pictures on Kim's Perfectman site - of "Eddie's Daddy" - that shows this precious little fella with scared eyes snuggling on the shoulder of a daddy, being gently cuddled - but I never realized it was the Eddie and Edwina "Eddie"!!!:D :D
Deb - I totally loved the video and now have to go back and catch up on the whole story on the thread you posted! Oh Sara - what a sweetheart you have there!!! WOW!! I would never have recognized the young man you now own!!!

kimlovescats
06-18-2004, 04:28 PM
Eddie, we are so very proud of you, and love you dearly! Happy anniversary!:D

trayi52
06-18-2004, 04:33 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, Eddie!!

Willie:)

jazzcat
06-19-2004, 01:04 AM
Oh my goodness! I just watched that video and now I see how Eddie was able to charm his way into everyone's hearts (including the reluctant Edwina). What a love muffin!!!

Happy Gotcha Day Eddie! It's been a very long wonderful weekend for you!!

catcrazylady
06-19-2004, 06:03 AM
I have gotten bits and pieces of the story but never realized just how lost and lonely poor Eddie was. How could anyone abandon such a sweetheart?!!
He is one very lucky kitty and I can sure see how that weekend will still be going on years and years from now! Who could give that precious boy up?
Thanks for the stories and especially for the very happy ending. HH I don't think it will be possible for you to resist Eddies charms for much longer. What a handsome, sweet, and adorable love muffin!!!

This whole thing just gives me happy goosebumps!!:D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Pam
06-19-2004, 08:07 AM
Happy Gotcha Day Eddie! We have all enjoyed your diary notes over this past year. Gosh it sure went fast!

catmandu
06-19-2004, 08:33 AM
Happy First Anniversary Eddie , our Pal , and The Found Cats , mostly Strays know what it is like , to find the One Person , that will give you , The Furrever Home, that All Good Cats Deserve!There will be something special at The Partee , for you, and of course Edwina , the love of JJJ3s life!

Randi
06-19-2004, 10:14 AM
Oh Eddie, I rememeber the picture of you on that note. You have come such a long way in the past year, thanks to the love Debbie, the BG, Blondie and Curly gave you. :) I think you have captured Her Highness' heart too - just look at you two laying there, only a stretched paw away. :D One of these days, I'm sure we'll see head bumping and nose rubbing pics of you two. ;)

Eddie, Congratulations on charming yourself into the perfect home! We send kisses to you and miss Edwina! :)

lynnestankard
06-19-2004, 12:38 PM
Happy Gotcha Day Eddie and here's hoping the next 'weekend' goes as quick!! :D :D

Lynne

thelmalu99
06-19-2004, 01:01 PM
Oh my goodness, Eddie! What a sweetheart!
I can see why Edwina and her Secretary took you into their home! It's pretty obvious from that video that you're impossible to resist!
Big lovies!

sirrahbed
06-19-2004, 01:42 PM
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid66/p29dc95502427aeaafc52c99683d4f9a5/fbdf4b15.jpg
Here is the picture I had seen on Kim's "perfectman" site and always thought was Sooooo swet but never realized this was our EDDIE!!!! Isn't he adorable? This pic just caught my eye as the little fella looked a tiny bit scared and the "daddy" is cuddling him ever so gently!! I LOVE this photo!! Then I saw this thread about Edwina's Secretary and HER Eddie and DUH!! - it's the same kitty but who would recognize him???:D :D

ChrisH
06-19-2004, 06:05 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, Eduardo! :D How fast the year has gone! :)

Hugs and kisses to you sweet boy. :)

Lillycat
06-20-2004, 06:27 AM
oh and to think i was able to meet you both!!! youve come a looong way baby!!!

lynnestankard
06-20-2004, 03:34 PM
Debbie - what a lovely pic. Oh sweet Eddie - all the people who loved you before you came to your furrever home - and all the people who love you now - lucky fur boy xxxx

Lynne

AmberLee
06-20-2004, 09:44 PM
Happy Gotcha Day, Eduardo!

It's such a beautiful story and a triumph, but I can't figure out why I'm sitting here crying my eyes out! *sniff, sniff*