PDA

View Full Version : OMG!!! I just got another COCKATIEL!

My Peanuts
06-14-2004, 10:24 PM
I'm sooooo excited!!! No pics yet though because he's not here yet. He is still too young to come home. He will be home in 3 or 4 weeks and I haven't even told my dad yet :p. Also, I'm not 100% sure which tiel will be mine. I picked a baby that appears to be a male and the pet store is DNA testing it. Whatever bird I end up with HAS to be male because I'm afraid of egg binding and mating. The new cockatiel is going to live with Danny to help him with his loneliness from being separated from Alex. Alex always does well on her own and seems to prefer it.

My mom and cousin went with me to buy some food and other supplies at the pet store. I knew they had babies because they were there weeks ago when I bought the nesting box. The babies are pretty big and my mom and I started asking questions. Before I realized what happened we were picking one out! I got to not only meet the girl that has been hand feeding/raising them, but I got to talk to her a lot. The girl was talking about her birds at home like they were her kids, which I liked. She also got the blood for the DNA test. She was really nice and the babies had a good relationship with her. It all seemed good, so that was that. She said I can come in and play with the baby as much as I want. The DNA tests will be done in 5-7 days. When I go back I'll bring my camera and take some pictures. I'm a little hesitant because I don't want to get too attached until I know he's a boy for sure. KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED THE BABY IS A BOY! :D :) ;) :p

popcornbird
06-15-2004, 12:01 PM
How cool!!! Congrats! Keep us updated, and remember to take lots of pics once he arrives home! I'll be expecting them. ;)

My Peanuts
06-15-2004, 12:04 PM
I think I'm going back today to see him. I don't want to get too attach until I'm sure he's a boy. I never care about the sex of an animal, but this is different. I don't want Danny, the playboy, to work his magic on another chick ;)

Logan
06-15-2004, 12:24 PM
Diana, I am so excited for you!!!! Just wish it was one of my babies that you were getting! I so badly want to find perfect homes for them, and I know yours would be perfect! :)

Isn't this exciting???? :D

BitsyNaceyDog
06-15-2004, 12:24 PM
I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to see pictures. Danny will be so happy. Congratulations!!

My Peanuts
06-15-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Logan
Diana, I am so excited for you!!!! Just wish it was one of my babies that you were getting! I so badly want to find perfect homes for them, and I know yours would be perfect! :)

Isn't this exciting???? :D

I was actually thinking about talking to you about one of your babies, but I realized that you live in SC and I live near Chicago. That's a pretty long haul :).

My Peanuts
06-15-2004, 01:22 PM
ARRRRR:mad: I just told my boyfriend about my new little addition and all he did was roll his eyes and ask why! I think it makes perfect sense to get a little boy. 1.) I have a big cage and 1 little bird in it. 2.) Danny is lonely. 3.) Danny is so loud and this might calm him down.

It’s not like my boyfriend doesn’t have animals. He has a dog, 3 snakes, and an African grey parrot. He has a lot of animals too. Is it really a huge difference to take care of another bird! I'm already making pasta, rice, fruits, veggies, etc for two what's one more.

MEN!:mad:

lute
06-15-2004, 01:27 PM
congrats on the new baby!:D i wish i could have another tiel.:(
PICS! PICS! PICS!

popcornbird
06-15-2004, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
ARRRRR:mad: I just told my boyfriend about my new little addition and all he did was roll his eyes and ask why! I think it makes perfect sense to get a little boy. 1.) I have a big cage and 1 little bird in it. 2.) Danny is lonely. 3.) Danny is so loud and this might calm him down.

It’s not like my boyfriend doesn’t have animals. He has a dog, 3 snakes, and an African grey parrot. He has a lot of animals too. Is it really a huge difference to take care of another bird! I'm already making pasta, rice, fruits, veggies, etc for two what's one more.

MEN!:mad:

Awww........Is his rolling his eyes going to mean you won't get the tiel? Danny needs a tiel!

My Peanuts
06-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Awww........Is his rolling his eyes going to mean you won't get the tiel? Danny needs a tiel!

Oh no, not at all. We don't live together and as far as I'm concerned it's none of his business even if we did. My baby IS coming home. :p

Logan
06-15-2004, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by My Peanuts
Oh no, not at all. We don't live together and as far as I'm concerned it's none of his business even if we did. My baby IS coming home. :p

YEAH!!!!! Although I wish I could provide you with one, I know it is probably too far. I'm holding out for Aly, though!!!! ;) Hang in there. Danny will be so happy!!!! :D