PDA

View Full Version : PT CatHouse Tours?

kimlovescats
06-14-2004, 03:26 PM
I had a neat idea ... but wanted to see how many PTers would want to participate! What about if we had a thread of PT "Cathouse" Tours! You could post videos and/or pics of your cat-filled homes! I would be happy to keep up with the entries and post a new thread for each individual tour! You could send your pics and/or videos to my e-mail at [email protected] . So what do you all think? Wouldn't it be fun to feel like we had actually visited eachother's homes?!

edit: You could take pictures of each room you wanted to show, or all of them .... just a virtual home tour!;)

sirrahbed
06-14-2004, 03:31 PM
I love the idea. I don't have videos but would provide a front door and through the house tour! We could even stop in the kitchen for coffee:) Hey, this is the best part of my life anyway!! Come on in!!! I would love to ACTUALLY visit each of you - but I HATE to leave the kitties:rolleyes:

kimlovescats
06-14-2004, 03:32 PM
That's right, Deb .... we could even get someone to photograph ourselves giving the tour!!!:D

sirrahbed
06-14-2004, 03:39 PM
:D That is exactly what I was thinking:
first picture: front door with wreath
second picture: open door with smiling neighbor:) "come on in!"
end of tour:
http://img56.photobucket.com/albums/v170/sirrahbed/Our%20Pets/fa359d3a.jpg
well..something to that effect!!!:D :p

DJFyrewolf36
06-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Hey, I don't have any cats :( but I could at least see you're CatHouses!!! Umm would the cats like to watch a tour of my RatHouse lol?

kimlovescats
06-14-2004, 04:24 PM
That would be fine DJFyrewolf .... I think I will post CatHouses first and if it goes well, we can move to the other boards!?;)

rg_girlca
06-14-2004, 04:27 PM
That is a neat idea Kim:D
Even though I don't have a video camera, digital or scanner, I do have a regular camera to take pictures and I know a very good, long distant friend of mine that I can send them too.
What do you think of that Kim???:D

kimlovescats
06-14-2004, 04:28 PM
I think it sounds like a PLAN, Lorraine!!!;) :D

catnapper
06-14-2004, 04:29 PM
I'd love to... but I've got a lot of cleaning to do!!!! ;)

bluekat
06-14-2004, 04:43 PM
Sounds like a great idea!:D I would love to participate, but first I'll have to ask my dad first...don't know if he'd like pictures of our house on the web:p But I think its a really good idea, and it would be fun seeing everyone's houses:D

jenluckenbach
06-14-2004, 05:33 PM
***raises hand***

ooo oooo

I like it!!! :D:D

catlover4ever
06-14-2004, 07:15 PM
Count me in too!!! I'll start taking pictures tomorrow. :)

Grace
06-14-2004, 07:33 PM
Oh, I'd love to get involved in something like this. Can pictures of the cats also be included?

And thanks, Kim, for the offer to post the pictures. I have a digital camera, and am really good emailing them, but have no idea how to get the pictures onto the web.

kimlovescats
06-14-2004, 08:15 PM
Grace ... OF COURSE the kitties can be in the pictures ..... these are CAT HOUSES!!!! :D I will happy to upload your pics for you ... just e-mail them to me at [email protected] .

;)

trayi52
06-14-2004, 08:30 PM
It sounds like a great idea to me, but I like Kim has a lot of cleaning to do. I have been working on getting my house cleaned up for the past two or three weeks. My house looks so awful on the inside, it needs painting and well I just can't afford to paint. I guess I am just ashamed of my house.., nothing matches like it should. I used to have things so different.

I am such an unorganized person, and have been trying to at least get things organized to where my house would be neat. I don't have the best furniture in the world either.

LOL, if you guys promised not to laugh at my house?;)

Willie:)

kimlovescats
06-14-2004, 08:33 PM
WILLIE!!! Let me say this not only to you, but to all PTers!!! THis is not a home fashion tour!!!! All of our homes are reflections of our own personal tastes, moods, and comforts .... they are expressions of who we are! ANY house that is filled with even one CAT-LOVING person is a MANSION in its own right!!!!

I want to also add this .... I don't decorate my home to please ANYONE else but me!!! I don't have company over, and I am happy just like that. I have always enjoyed expression myself through color and change ..... used to always redecorate my bedroom when I was growing up. If someone likes my style, great ... if not ..... WHO CARES!!! I'm the one who needs to be happy, and I AM!

:D :D :D

leslie flenner
06-14-2004, 08:33 PM
There's a way to get them on a computer?
I'd love ya'all to meet all of Jan's cats and dogs, and turtles and Carmen the Iguana, and birds and rabbit! Don't know if she'd allow it though- she's very shy! She has a digital camera but I dunno if it does videos- i'm gonna guess not or she'd have posted a video by now. Since she has not posted in 2 days, I'm gonna guess she's been out rescuing and will have something to post about soon!

kimlovescats
06-14-2004, 08:36 PM
Yes Leslie ... if you can just e-mail any pics of yours and Jan's homes ... I can upload them to PT.

Or you could even mail me the prints by snail mail, and I could scan and upload them for you. I could then mail your pics back to you if they are your only copies!;)

catcrazylady
06-14-2004, 08:43 PM
What a neat idea! Count me in as soon as I can get to it!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

leslie flenner
06-14-2004, 10:18 PM
how does one email pics from a reg. camera? I'm I missing something here?

kimlovescats
06-14-2004, 11:19 PM
You could only do that if you have a scanner.... that's why in the second part I said that if you don't, you can snail mail them to me, then I will scan and post them! Sorry, I didn't make my post very clear !:rolleyes: ;)

NoahsMommy
06-15-2004, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by catcrazylady
What a neat idea! Count me in as soon as I can get to it!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
Me too!! I'll need to do some serious cleaning first...hmmm, maybe I can post mine in July, before my PT house guests arrive. ;)

Ally Cat's Mommy
06-15-2004, 05:23 AM
Great Idea!!!

catmandu
06-15-2004, 09:25 AM
I love the idea , once the House , is Fixed Up , and looks presentable! Great Idea!

Logan
06-15-2004, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by leslie flenner
how does one email pics from a reg. camera? I'm I missing something here?

Leslie, when you have your film developed, ask them to also develop it on a CD Rom. That way, you can download the pictures to your computer, post them at Imagestation, Shutterfly, or one of those groups, then post them yourself! I did that for years before we had a digital camera!

I'd love to participate, but I might be a late entrant. Of course, my cats are always found in the same spot (my bedroom) these days!!! :D

jazzcat
06-15-2004, 04:02 PM
Sounds like fun. I'm about to start some redecorating projects and will be happy to participate as soon as I get them done.