PDA

View Full Version : Oscar is at the Vet's Tonight

prechrswife
06-03-2004, 09:21 PM
Oscar, our younger basset boy (1 year yesterday), is spending the night at the vet's tonight. He was perfectly fine last night, but when we got up this morning, he was completely listless. Bless his heart, he still tried to wag his tail for me, but even that was a stretch. He has allergies and had a huge hot spot between his shoulders. (It amazes me how quickly something that nasty-looking can develop.) We took him in to the vet's this afternoon, and he had a 104 degree temperature. They wanted to sedate him to clean up the hot spot, so they are keeping him for the night. I just hope he is feeling better when we pick him up in the morning. He is usually such a happy guy.:(

Logan
06-03-2004, 09:56 PM
Get well, soon, Oscar!!!!!!

prechrswife
06-04-2004, 09:09 AM
He is home with a big shaved spot on his back and 2 kinds of pills. He's still not feeling really perky, but he is definitely better than he was yesterday.

tatsxxx11
06-04-2004, 01:43 PM
Oh, poor sweetie:( I'm glad you're home, Oscar. And as we humans know, those fevers can sure knock the stuffin' out of you! I'll bet before long, with the help of the medication and your mom's good lovin', you'll be back to your ole perky, tail waggin' self:) Love and hugs to you dear Oscar. Get well soon!:) Love, Sandra, Cody and Star

Karen
06-04-2004, 04:49 PM
Poor Oscar - and the indignity of it all as well. Hope he's feeling up to tail wagging with his usual gusto soon enough!

ScoobyDoo-Doo
06-07-2004, 02:54 PM
oh you poor baby! I am sure you will get better soon. Take care!!! Keep your tail up!