PDA

View Full Version : What Kind of Cat Would *You* Be?

zippy-kat
01-10-2002, 10:08 PM
Take this quiz to find out!

What Kind of Cat Would You Be? (http://quiz.ivillage.com/parentsoup/tests/cats.htm)

I'm a Norweigen Forest Cat.

Cinder & Smoke
01-10-2002, 11:14 PM
Hee He He! :D

Smoke & Me filled it out fer :cool: Dad. Here's what he is...

Persian Kat :eek:

The Persian is a relaxed observer. He quietly takes in the details of his surroundings and is happiest in his role as a spectator. The Persian will gladly accept affection, but does not often seek it out. His loving and patient nature makes him an ideal housemate while him stress-free nature will allow him to make friends with whoever stops by. The Persian’s greatest past time is grooming his thick, tangle-prone fur, but it’s worth the effort, because he always looks fabulous! :eek:

That mitta been purdy close till that last part 'bout groomin the thick fur. Dad's fur ain't all that thick :rolleyes:

shais_mom
01-10-2002, 11:15 PM
I am a snowshoe!

zippy-kat
01-10-2002, 11:21 PM
My description:

The Norwegian Forest Cat is strong and independent. She is reserved with newcomers but blossoms in the company of old friends. Confidently defending what is hers, she does not like strangers in her territory. Her luxurious coat is a lot to handle, and necessity dictates regular upkeep. An amazing athlete, the Norwegian Forest Cat thrives on physical activity, and no leap is too great or prey too quick for her to tackle. This huntress is clearly queen of her domain!

C.C.'s Mom
01-11-2002, 01:51 AM
I'm a Persian, but I wonder why. I once knew this Persian black male cat who was a real pain! He was always biting in my toes and slept in the toilets. So far I haven't found these qualities in myself, but maybe the test knows more than I do?

purrley
01-11-2002, 06:27 AM
I'm a Persian also - my least favorite cat. My daughter had a Persian that was so much like a bulldog (from the drooling all the way down to body noises). Andy was also a big pain. Oh well :o

jennifert
01-11-2002, 08:05 AM
I'm a Norwegian Forest Cat also. Did you take this quiz too:
http://quiz.ivillage.com/parentsoup/tests/catdog.htm

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: jennifert ]

Karen
01-11-2002, 09:16 AM
I, too, am a Snowshoe! :)

Suits me fine - I looooove snow, too!

Logan
01-11-2002, 09:48 AM
I'm a Persian...very interesting. That was fun, Zippy Kat! :D

The Persian is a relaxed observer. She quietly takes in the details of her surroundings and is happiest in her role as a spectator. The Persian will gladly accept affection, but does not often seek it out. Her loving and patient nature makes her an ideal housemate while her stress-free nature will allow her to make friends with whoever stops by. The Persian’s greatest past time is grooming her thick, tangle-prone fur, but it’s worth the effort, because she always looks fabulous!

I'm a little skeptical of that last part...LOL! :o

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: Logan ]

yumyum6970
01-11-2002, 10:17 AM
My husband and I both did the quiz and we are both persians how about that? :D

AmberLee
01-11-2002, 01:29 PM
I'm a Persian, too. Odd how many of us visiting here are...

P.S. In the dog/cat test, I'm a "mutt"

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: AmberLee ]

thelmalu99
01-11-2002, 01:49 PM
Another Persian!

NoahsMommy
01-11-2002, 02:29 PM
Me too! Here's the discription:The Persian is a relaxed observer. She quietly takes in the details of her surroundings and is happiest in her role as a spectator. The Persian will gladly accept affection, but does not often seek it out. Her loving and patient nature makes her an ideal housemate while her stress-free nature will allow her to make friends with whoever stops by. The Persian’s greatest past time is grooming her thick, tangle-prone fur, but it’s worth the effort, because she always looks fabulous!

How funny that there are only about 3 different breeds..we must all be quite similiar...cool!!

NoahsMommy
01-11-2002, 02:36 PM
Just took the "Are you a Cat or a Dog" quiz ( http://quiz.ivillage.com/parentsoup/tests/catdog.htm ).....I am a mutt...cross between a cat and a dog!!

Here's the description:You're a mutt --
part cat, part dog
Since you are neither dog nor cat but somewhere in between, you sail through life on an even keel. You learn from your experiences but also have fun along the way. Your friends are a mixture of acquaintances and trusted pals who are equally happy at a block party or on a quiet evening walk. You frequently speak your mind but allow others to share their views, keeping disagreements at bay. You work hard but know when it is time to play and consider a wild game of basketball as much fun as a thoughtful game of scrabble. You frequently enjoy the best of both worlds, which is why you would be equally pleased with either pet in your home. A few famous examples of your type are Kim Basinger, George Clooney and Sarah Jessica Parker.

How fun!!! :D

jennifert
01-11-2002, 02:43 PM
I got the same thing! MUTT! These quizzes are so silly but fun!

Edwina's Secretary
01-11-2002, 02:50 PM
It says I'm Burmese. But....it also says I'm "pint-sized" (I'm 5'8") and that I regularly seek out attention. Odd since I answered the question that "I accept attention but don't seek it"!

The other says I'm a mutt.

Oh well...I'm always frustrated by these quizes as the answer that comes to me is usually none of those listed! Once a maverick, always a maverick :p

thelmalu99
01-11-2002, 03:07 PM
This test says I'm a mutt, too. Edwina's Sec-I agree. The tests are fun, but sometimes none of the options listed work for me. :rolleyes:

Former User
01-11-2002, 03:25 PM
Niina: Norwegian Forest Cat :)

Patrick: Norwegian Forest Cat :)

Are we perfect or what??? :D

[ January 11, 2002: Message edited by: Casper & Kitty ]

zippy-kat
01-11-2002, 03:38 PM
I'm a cat person!

As a cat person, you approach life with thoughtfulness. You are self-aware and have close friends who will be there for life. The subtleties and mysteries of the world intrigue you. Your ideal Friday night is good conversation or a movie you can't figure out the ending to. Your take-charge attitude sometimes meets with conflict, but you always surpass expectations when it comes to your work. You value intelligence, grace and independence, which is why a feline friend is best for you. A few famous cat lovers are Regis Philbin, Katie Couric and Jay Leno.

Former User
01-12-2002, 02:51 AM
I (Niina) turned out to be a cat person:

As a cat person, you approach life with thoughtfulness. You are self-aware and have close friends who will be there for life. The subtleties and mysteries of the world intrigue you. Your ideal Friday night is good conversation or a movie you can't figure out the ending to. Your take-charge attitude sometimes meets with conflict, but you always surpass expectations when it comes to your work. You value intelligence, grace and independence, which is why a feline friend is best for you. A few famous cat lovers are Regis Philbin, Katie Couric and Jay Leno.

wayne0214
01-12-2002, 06:14 AM
Another Persian here! Yet, I don't like the appearance of that breed of cat. They look too much like a bull dog. But then again, I have never been around Persians. But I do enjoy my Abys and Siamese, not to mention my DSHs'. Like has been stated earlier, "silly, but fun!"

Once I took test like the cat one, but it had to do with religion. After It was taken, the results yielded a type of religion, that I would supposedly like, of whose major tenets were not asked in the questionaire! I might add that the theology was not according to accepted Biblical teachings, and therefore, I considered the exam as entertaiment rather than a guide!

.......wayne

wayne0214
01-12-2002, 06:29 AM
taking the other part of the exam I came out a CAT person! But I knew that all along! :D

lynnestankard
01-12-2002, 07:25 AM
OK I can live with being another Persian!!! And to discover I was a Cat Person didn't faze me at all!! Thats us cats - we take it all in our stride :D :D :D

tuxluvr
01-12-2002, 08:23 AM
Persian here, too....beginning to wonder what other options were available :)

C.C.'s Mom
01-12-2002, 09:01 AM
I'm a mutt.

Logan
01-12-2002, 09:22 AM
I'm a mutt too, which actually made me feel better, since I love my cats and dogs equally. :D

Cattal
01-12-2002, 11:33 AM
Mommy Human is an Ocicat , though I agree that alot of the answers weren't exactly what I'd answer.

In taking the quiz for Max . . .what does it mean if my ginger tabby is more like a Burmese?! (Max demands a re-test!)

That was fun! Oh, yeah . . .the other test reveals I'm a mutt, too.

zippy-kat
01-12-2002, 02:15 PM
I'm surprised that no one seems to be a Siamese. Wonder if it's one of the options?

RainbowAndHobbesMom
01-12-2002, 04:04 PM
I am a Norweigen Forest Cat, and a cat person> :D

BigCharles
01-12-2002, 05:05 PM
It says that I am a Persian. "The Persian is a relaxed observer." That part is NOT me. There are three types: Those that make things happen, those that watch things happen, and those that wonder what the heck happened. I like to be the kind of person that makes things happen by setting it up and then watch what happens as everybody else wonders what just happened. :cool:

The other test says "You're a mutt -- part cat, part dog" as if that is any kind of a surprise. I had a Beagle for 16 years while I was growing up.

NoahsMommy
01-14-2002, 02:45 PM
I went to a cat show this weekend and saw lots of Persian kitties. My best friend then told me that if she got a Persian, she'd name it Kelly (my name) because they act like a princess....how funny is that??

NoahsMommy
01-18-2002, 08:20 PM
Chuck,

The Maine Coons we saw were HUGE ! He just may have some MC in him, that would explain his size..... :)

zippy-kat
01-18-2002, 10:21 PM
I'd like to own a maine coon!

zippy-kat
01-18-2002, 11:04 PM
I'm a sucker for all kitty-boys...just can't own any at the present time. *sigh*

Found out why(!) the landlord won't allow me to have a cat--can't get the dander out of the carpet. On the other hand, he LOVES rabbits:cool:...he has 12! And is trying to talk me into two more....:eek: white mini-lops at that...(one has blue eyes, one has brown eyes) *sigh again* Not sure Sophers would take to any other buns...

NoahsMommy
01-21-2002, 02:22 PM
A 22 lb. Noah??? WOW!!!

I am sure he is on his way there! So, does the title "Maine Coon" describe the hair length and size? Or do they have distinctive markings?

Tonya, yes, after seeing Faith's reaction to Thomas, I would really think twice about adding more buns to a female bun's home.

NoahsMommy
01-21-2002, 02:52 PM
Chuck! That totally looks like Noah!!!! How cute!! Thank you, Thank you!!!

Like this? All his bushy, long hair?
http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v3/8/47/50/29484750tsXsWxreCu_ph.jpg

NoahsMommy
01-21-2002, 05:28 PM
I'm not sure Noah will catch up in the head department, his is rather small compared to his huge body! That's my cutie!

Chuck, You don't want to give Ernie away, do you? I can tell you are fond of him....AND....he's a good drinker!

thelmalu99
01-21-2002, 06:03 PM
Danny sez, You're on, buddy! :D

NoahsMommy
01-22-2002, 11:55 AM
I wonder what kitties would look like drunk!?!?!? ;)

thelmalu99
01-22-2002, 12:01 PM
Noah's Mom,
Now THAT'S a scary thought, LOL!

Former User
01-22-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

we sort of know...we make Casper go really dizzy with chasing the laser dot (we make him go round and round and round....) and when we stop it, he doesn't know where he is and is very wobbly on his feet, looks like he is drunk.... :D

NoahsMommy
01-22-2002, 02:44 PM
C & K, gotta get mom and dad to get a picture of that!!!! Too funny!

zippy-kat
01-22-2002, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

Would their 'meows' be slurred?
Mmmmmmlllllllooooooowwwwww...
Mmmmmmlllllllooooooowwwwww...

AmberLee
01-22-2002, 07:15 PM
Couldn't resist. This reminded me so much of Karen's (aka wolflady and Marius' Mom) Scooter:

Marius' Mom's "Scooter" (http://community.webshots.com/storage/1/v2/8/42/39/19484239MLyMJzgYMc_ph.jpg)

zippy-kat
01-22-2002, 10:13 PM
I LOVE THAT PICTURE!!

lol and despite what Karen may say, Scooter *really* belongs to me...he's just taken up residence at her house...lol;) :D

Scooter's quite a character isn't he? One of my fav. kitties on petTalk!

NoahsMommy
01-23-2002, 10:28 AM
Amberlee,

I was FORBIDDEN access!!! eeeep! What does that mean??:confused:

AmberLee
01-23-2002, 04:03 PM
Dear Kelly/Noah's Mom,

I was forbidden today, too! Webshots must've changed the rules again today.

Grrr :mad:

doggielover02
02-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Hey that was i pretty neat test!! I was a snowshoe cat . . . I have never heard of that kind of a cat

sasvermont
03-02-2002, 07:01 PM
Snowshoe

Sara luvs her Tinky
03-03-2002, 02:03 AM
snowshoe / mutt. Those were fun:) .

Ila
03-22-2002, 05:02 PM
It says I am a Snowshoe. Siamese brred I think it said.:)

wolflady
03-22-2002, 05:48 PM
LOL LOL How on EARTH did I miss this one!! hehehehehe

For all you drunken Scooter fans...here is THE picture!!:D

As for the what cat would you be results, it said I was a Ocicat:

The Ocicat is both playful and devoted. She may spring into action on a whim at any moment, or languidly pass an hour away in the lap of a loved one. The Ocicat is happiest with friends and struggles at being solitary for any period of time. Her exotic, no-fuss coat is a breeze to maintain, and looking her best comes easily. Inquisitive by nature, she gets into trouble from time to time. But any trouble is soon forgotten because she is off on a new adventure in a flash!
:D

In the dog/cat test...I'm a mutt too. Somewhere inbetween a dog and a cat. Maybe that's why I like BOTH dogs and cats so much! LOL

Ila
03-22-2002, 10:09 PM
Aunt Ila had to save that picture it was priceless!!

Originally posted by wolflady
LOL LOL How on EARTH did I miss this one!! hehehehehe

For all you drunken Scooter fans...here is THE picture!!:D

As for the what cat would you be results, it said I was a Ocicat:

The Ocicat is both playful and devoted. She may spring into action on a whim at any moment, or languidly pass an hour away in the lap of a loved one. The Ocicat is happiest with friends and struggles at being solitary for any period of time. Her exotic, no-fuss coat is a breeze to maintain, and looking her best comes easily. Inquisitive by nature, she gets into trouble from time to time. But any trouble is soon forgotten because she is off on a new adventure in a flash!
:D

In the dog/cat test...I'm a mutt too. Somewhere inbetween a dog and a cat. Maybe that's why I like BOTH dogs and cats so much! LOL

krazyaboutkatz
07-05-2002, 11:45 PM
I'm a Snowshoe. :)

lil.kitty.kizzez
07-07-2002, 06:52 PM
I'm a snowshoe!! :) yay, one of my favorite breeds!

KittenCloudSprinkles
07-24-2002, 05:12 PM
The link doesn't work on the cross between a cat and a dog. But anyways, I'm a persian...

KittenCloudSprinkles
07-29-2002, 12:09 PM
Well I took the test again and I'm an Ocicat! But everytime I try to go to the cat/dog test it says that the page is not found! Can someone help me?:confused:

inkspot14
07-29-2002, 12:50 PM
Norwegian Forest Cat
cool!:cool:

inkspot14
07-29-2002, 12:58 PM
Norwegian Forest Cat
cool!:cool:

The Cat Factory
08-02-2002, 02:31 AM
I am the Norwegian Forest Cat

The Norwegian Forest Cat is strong and independent. She is reserved with newcomers but blossoms in the company of old friends. Confidently defending what is hers, she does not like strangers in her territory. Her luxurious coat is a lot to handle, and necessity dictates regular upkeep. An amazing athlete, the Norwegian Forest Cat thrives on physical activity, and no leap is too great or prey too quick for her to tackle. This huntress is clearly queen of her domain!

cocker_luva
08-05-2003, 08:55 PM
i'm an Ocicat...

carole
08-05-2003, 09:01 PM
I came out as an Ocicat, hmm not sure that really sums me up though, hmm interesting and fun quiz.

bluekat
08-06-2003, 11:27 AM
I'm an Ocicat too! Wow, there's so many ocicats. I wanted to be a Persian though:p But that's only because I love Persians.:D

RedHedd
08-06-2003, 01:41 PM
I'm a Snowshoe! :) The Snowshoe is gregarious and talkative. She is always ready for fun and will regularly try to instigate a game. While her strong intellect leads her to try new things, it also causes her to become easily bored when a task is mastered. Variety is truly the spice of life for this kitty! Affectionate with others, eager to interact, the Snowshoe is always the ‘belle of the ball’.

Yup -- that's all true. LOL

tomkatzid
08-06-2003, 01:55 PM
Persian

Barbara
08-07-2003, 11:34 AM
I'm a Snowshoe. I knew I cannot be an Abyssinian -I'm just not elegant enough.

But the Snowshoe fits me nicely:D

Ally Cat's Mommy
08-09-2003, 06:24 AM
I'm an Ocicat!

neko1
08-09-2003, 08:41 AM
The test says I'm a Norwegian Forest cat, but my heart says I'm an Abyssinian!:)

Alexander
11-27-2003, 01:52 PM
I am a Ocicat

BastetsMum
11-27-2003, 02:50 PM
I am a Burmese but Bastet thinks otherwise ...

Sunshine
11-27-2003, 07:49 PM
First time I turned out to be a Persian. There were a couple of questions that I could have answered more than one way so I tried again and it turns out I'm still a Persian.

kathy
12-10-2003, 06:51 PM
I'm thrilled but how come I'm the only one? If I had a choice I'd be 1/2 tabby, 1/2 Siamese as i think they possess the best of both worlds. But as an Occicat I think I'd have no trouble fitting in with my 5 tabbies. thanks for the test.

EssTer
12-17-2003, 01:55 PM
Humm, I´m ocicat... I didn´t know about this breed... I need to search more about these cats :D

spunkymeow
01-26-2004, 04:51 PM
I GOT THE NORWEGIAN FOREST CAT. THAT WAS A FUN QUIZ!