PDA

View Full Version : Sad News about Cinnabun...

manda_moo87
05-20-2004, 11:21 PM
Back in January/February my little bunny Cinnabun (http://petoftheday.com/archive/2004/January/06.html) went blind due a damaged corenea of an unknown cause. She adjusted pretty well to being blind and so I didn't worry to much about her. Then about a month ago I noticed she had really gone down in condition and had gotten very thin and just didn't look very happy or act her normal self. I continued to give her lots of extra love and treats hoping she would be back to her old bouncy self in no time!

Today when I was outside I took her out to take some photos of her...I immediatly checked her over to see how she looked...she was quite thin still. But then as I backed up to take a picture I noticed she kept tilting and turning her head to the left...which is a symptom of Wry Neck...or horrible disease Holland Lops can often get (lost one rabbit to it last year). I continued to watch her for about 20 minutes hoping it would stop but it didn't. I'm now possitive she has Wry Neck. There is no cure for it...:( I'm now trying to deal with the hard choice of putting her down or not...of course I want to keep her...but she already looked unhappy and now this? It doesn't seem fair for her to live...I know in my heart it probably is the best thing to do......:(:(:(

It's just so unfair...I've already lost 2 of my fur babies this year...:( I don't want to lose anymore...and she's the sweetest little bunny!!!

slick
05-20-2004, 11:40 PM
Oh my gosh I'm so sorry about Cinnabun. I confess to know nothing about bun-buns. Is there medication for it?? Is she in pain or is sending her to the RB the only option??

CathyBogart
05-21-2004, 02:19 AM
....we treated wry neck regularly in the last pet store I worked for. Take her down to the vet and see what they can do for her.

zippy-kat
05-21-2004, 08:23 AM
I would take her to the vet to rule out other causes such as allergies or an ear infection.

Piper will slightly tilt his head to the side when his allergies are botherin' him. A good ear cleanin' usually has him "straightened up" in no time. Poor lil' guy, spring drives him (and me) nuts!

Logan
05-21-2004, 08:31 AM
Bless her heart. I hope your vet can help her. :( Please keep us posted and Cinnabun will definitely be in our prayers.

Logan

manda_moo87
05-21-2004, 11:54 AM
Thanks everyone. I will be hopefully getting her off the vet this weekend...I pray there is something they can do for her. I do know many rabbit experts and they've all said that there is no known cure for wry neck and it is usually fatal...:( I've looked closely at here ears and they look fine. But Holland Lops are a very delicate breed, easily stressed and prone to diseases. With the stress from losing her sight and losing weight that's probably what triggered the wry neck...

manda_moo87
05-21-2004, 05:13 PM
Just an update: Cinnabun is looked a bit better today...so maybe she doesn't have wry neck? Or it could just be a very mild case. However I will be having one of my rabbit friends over to take a look at her, she knows everything about rabbits so hopefully she can help...maybe she can get through this?

Fallon
05-21-2004, 05:21 PM
I hope she can get through.. and maybe she doesn't even have it like you said. I don't really know much about wry neck. She is such a beautiful bunny.. keep me updated please.

manda_moo87
05-22-2004, 11:41 AM
Well it has been decided...my poor sweet Cinnabun is going to be put down. I went out today and she looked so sad...and weak. I also had one of my rabbit friends over and she thought it would be the best thing to do...she's so unhappy and I can't bare to see her like this....she will be sent up to Rainbow Bridge on Monday.....:(

Karen
05-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Has she been to the vet?????

manda_moo87
05-22-2004, 11:54 PM
No she hasn't. But when I take her to the vet (on Tuesday) I'll get her opinion first and see if she thinks there is anything we can do for her...and if not well...she'll be put down.

NoahsMommy
05-23-2004, 09:40 PM
I hope the vet can give sweet Cinnabun some hope.

If not, give her a kiss from me. :(

manda_moo87
05-23-2004, 10:37 PM
...thank you :( I hope so too... and I will be sure to give her a kiss for you if not.

wolfie
05-24-2004, 09:55 AM
Oh, poor Cinnabun. :( I hope she gets better soon.

manda_moo87
05-24-2004, 06:43 PM
Thanks...

Well tomorrow is the big day...I'm so nervous...so afriad the Vet will say to have her put down...:( I'm spending as much time with her today as I can just incase...

HollandLoppy89
06-21-2004, 05:42 PM
Ohhh no now im so scared! I don't want my Holland Lop to get Wry neck...:(

kimlovescats
06-22-2004, 03:49 AM
So sorry to hear about Cinnabun.... I hope the vet gave you some hope???? :(