PDA

View Full Version : Pouncer got a job!!!!

catnapper
05-14-2004, 01:44 PM
He starts Tuesday and will be a Therapy Cat!!! We'll go to the local nursing home and let the residents hold and pet him. The Activites Corrdinator already has a list of those that like cats and dogs. She has one dog come in reguarly but no cats, so Pouncer got the job! :D I'm so proud of my little bugger! Lets hope that he'll not be squirmy and hyper (not NawTee either) Lets hope that he'll be my sweet loving Pouncer that will let anybody hold him.

Also, return from the vet said that his toe is healing just fine. He's still got a bit of sweeling, but it'll go down and the infection is gone. She is not sure that the nail will grow back as a normal nail, but it will grow back.

Kirsten
05-14-2004, 01:49 PM
Awww, that's wonderful news, and Lily is so proud of him now! :)

That sounds like a wonderful job for him, and it's a good thing to make people happy that way!

And great that his paw is healing!

Kirsten

CatMama78
05-14-2004, 01:52 PM
That's fantastic!! How exciting for both of you. And it's such a giving job too......I'm sure all the people will feel so lucky to have Pouncer, and his meowmie in their lives.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
05-14-2004, 01:54 PM
Wow, what a kitty! When does he get his first paycheck? ;) :D

You can pretty much count on him being naw-tee, but hopefully it's the cute kind of naw-tee that will only endear the residents to him. What a great job though - I would love to do something like this....if Tubby was younger.

Congratulations Pouncer!!! :D

catlover4ever
05-14-2004, 02:00 PM
Wonderful news. I bet Pouncer will be an angel and not a naw-tee kitty. I think my Smokey would make a great therapy kitty but around here they still only use therapy dogs.

Felicia's Mom
05-14-2004, 02:34 PM
Good for Pouncer!! Beau and Felicia will be proud of him.:)
Beau might have made a good therapy cat. He is calm and used to being handled by other people.
Tell Pouncer I am happy to hear that his paw is better!

Steffi N
05-14-2004, 03:23 PM
I'm sure Pouncer will make many new friends in his new job. I am glad his paw is better.

kuhio98
05-14-2004, 03:56 PM
Good going, Pouncer! You are multi-talented. Just think -- more people to adore you. :D

Pepper would be interested in learning how you got the wrapping off your leg. So far, none of her ideas are working. :D

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=49258

catnapper
05-14-2004, 04:12 PM
Oh Pepper, I did't see the post about your foot! I hope you feel better soon! Are you milking the boo-boo for all the sympathy you can get too?

Don't remind him that ther will be more members of his fan club!!! :D :D

Kfamr
05-14-2004, 06:27 PM
Awesome news for you and for Pouncer!!
Oh how i'd love a sweet kitty to give me 'therapy' !!!!

Make sure he turn his *purr box* on for his patients! That especially gets people. ;)

kimlovescats
05-14-2004, 10:38 PM
How wonderful, Kim!!! I just think that is a wonderful job for our sweet (and innocent) Pouncer! I do hope that he enjoys it as well! Please keep us updated, and pictures would be great! **HINT HINT**

:D

catmandu
05-15-2004, 09:00 AM
There is a Ceratin cat Angel , at the Rainbow Bridge , that is very proud, ofher namesake , and knows that he will do a bang up job!

sirrahbed
05-17-2004, 12:51 PM
Catching up late here...but what a wonderful post! I LOVE this idea and am so proud of Pouncer!!!! This is the greatest idea and I know he will brightent the day for many of the elderly. Personally, that is where I most love to volunteer my own time and the home where I go to do "manicures" (rubbing on handlotion:D) has resident dogs. I don't think my three would be good therapy cats though but HURRAY for Pouncer!!!

Ally Cat's Mommy
05-17-2004, 12:56 PM
Congrats Pouncer. Your sweet face would cheer anyone up!!!

Barbara
05-17-2004, 02:29 PM
Oh Pouncer I have to say sorry! I thought you found a job like helping mommy not to have to pay the taxes (and tearing the paperwork off) but you got yourself a serious job!!! That is so great.

A Hooray for our Pouncer, the helping paw:)

Randi
05-17-2004, 03:11 PM
Oh Pouncer, how sweet of you to go and cheer up some people in the nursing home. :) That's a great job indeed! I bet you'll get lots of cuddles and give some back. They'll be "fighting" to get your attention you gorgeous boy. ;)

Cincy'sMom
05-17-2004, 08:07 PM
That is awesome!!! All three of our dogs are therapy dogs and they really enjoy it! I hope Pouncer does too. I'm sure he will bring much happiness to many people.

It is so much easier to find dogs to do visits then cats, but there are some people who respond better to the cats and would prefer to have visitis from them.

jazzcat
05-18-2004, 12:14 AM
How neat!!!!:D

catcrazylady
05-18-2004, 05:47 AM
Where have I been and how did I miss this!!!???

Pouncer I am soooooooooo excited for you!!! What a wonderful job you will be doing!! I hope that if someday I wind up in a home I would be so lucky as to have such a wonderful and adorable baby like you come visit me!!

I can't wait for the adventure stories!

Killearn Kitties
05-18-2004, 05:50 AM
Oh, Pouncer, that is such a worthwhile job! I am excited and honoured to be able to say I "know" you! :D I very much hope you enjoy your new role!

I think the pets as therapy scheme is a great idea. I would love for one of my cats to be able to take part. Unfortunately, none of them are blessed with that kind of nature. As soon as they saw someone they didn't know, they would freak and run up the curtains. That might in itself be amusing for the residents, but a bit stressful for me and the cats, I think!

Freckles
06-18-2004, 03:41 PM
Has Pouncer done any more therapy work?
Hopefully in the afternoons?:)

QueenScoopalot
06-18-2004, 05:09 PM
Wow, I missed this too! How is the new job sweet Pouncer? I suspect maybe you're on the job 24/7 as no one wants you to leave. :D

catnapper
06-18-2004, 05:15 PM
Sigh. I've been lazy. We went to a few nighttime ones, but it was TERRIBLE - everyone was tucked in for the night. I've been really lazy about calling them to ask for afternoon visits. :o I PROMISE to call Monday!

I love going with him and I am so proud of him when we are there... but picky me, I want to be there only when people are awake to hold him!

Thanks for asking!

kimlovescats
06-18-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by catnapper
but picky me, I want to be there only when people are awake to hold him!

Well, DUH!!! That's the point of the visit right? :rolleyes: Don't be so hard on yourself ..... it's hard to stay committed to things ... especially with teens in the house! You'll get back over there!!!;)