PDA

View Full Version : OMG What Horror!

QueenScoopalot
05-08-2004, 03:24 PM
http://news.findlaw.com/ap/o/1110/5-6-2004/20040506020003_15.html This sounds like an "odd duck" to put it mildly! :eek:

leslie flenner
05-08-2004, 05:27 PM
on the news on Thursday...immediatly following a cat hoarding situation here in MA of which town I DID not catch!

QueenScoopalot
05-08-2004, 06:34 PM
I caught a news clip several nights ago regarding two elderly women.They apparently were brawling or something. They lived in Milton, or something similar sounding...Milford maybe. Place was overflowing with cats, dogs, feces both animal & human etc. Dead animals in freezer the whole scenario we are hearing too much about lately. The place was condemned. I don't know what became of the animals or the two women. So sad. :(

Fallon
05-08-2004, 07:07 PM
people never cease to amaze me.

moosmom
05-08-2004, 08:53 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I have one thing to say...

EEWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!

catnapper
05-08-2004, 10:00 PM
I'm reading the list of animals... and wondering how on earth she could fit them into an apartment! I have 5 bedrooms and three floors, and I couldn't imagine fitting them in my house!

Twisterdog
05-08-2004, 10:54 PM
Once our shelter was called to take what animals we could from a hoarder here in our county.

Apparently, this woman had found a single-wide trailer sitting empty out of town a little ways ... and simple moved into it! It wasn't her trailer! That, in itself, shocked me. But ... she had about 60 cats, 30 dogs, a goat and a horse living IN the trailer with her.

OMG, can you imagine!?!? It was UNREAL. Imagine being the people who owned the trailer and getting THAT phone call!

:eek:

G.P.girl
05-09-2004, 04:35 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: OMG!

poor animals!:(

Desert Arabian
05-09-2004, 05:15 PM
Germantown, Wisconsin is only 2 miles from my house. The Washington County Humane Society, where all the animal were taken too, is where I am going to be volunteering.

I want to see what rats they have left up for adoption, but my mom said they have been getting over 1,000 phone calls a day so I am going to drive up there and see what rats are left. I feel terrible for them and if I have to I will take one or two, or even foster a couple if they need foster homes.

First I have to see what's going on with Daisy, she comes first.

Poor animals.

Nibbles
05-11-2004, 08:58 AM
Sad part is some of the animals will be destroyed simply because they are deemed unworthy. I am a mom of a pet duck. They are very loving pets and unfortunatly most animal shelters don't even put them up for adoption. They are killed as soon as they arrive.:( They deserve the same chance to be adopted just as cats dogs and parrot type birds. But alas they aren't and it make me sad to think of what happened to 70 ducks.

DJFyrewolf36
05-11-2004, 09:26 AM
Sigh...
I hope and pray that those ducks get a chance although they probibly wont. Sadly, most places aren't zoned for keeping ducks/chickens etc. If it's within REASON, I don't see why keeping a duck is any different than keeping a parrot except that you aught to put a pond out for them....
Is that so hard? People build Koi ponds all the time...
When I worked at a pet store, I knew a regular customer who adopted a duck from an abusive situation....now he has a duck farm lol!
Poor animals...people can be so...ugh....:(