PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone used this food?

molucass
05-05-2004, 12:11 PM
http://www.petsmart.com/media/ps/images/products/detail/large/April04/lg_6115_372f1.jpg

Felony stopped eating the food I was giving him, so I wanted to try something different. I had a coupon for a free 7 lb. bag of food from Petco, and got this. It's formulated for "large breed puppies", so I thought I would try it out to see how he likes it.

Has anyone used it, and is it a good food?

ramanth
05-05-2004, 12:29 PM
Sorry can't be much of help. Kia eats California Natural Lamb and Rice because of her allergies.

caseysmom
05-05-2004, 01:25 PM
Casey eats california natural chicken and rice. Sorry never heard of that one.

Logan
05-05-2004, 01:43 PM
I think Staci has used it in the past (not sure if she still does). Maybe she will see this and let you know. I'm pretty sure that it is what she fed to her Shianne. It has gotten excellent reviews from all that I remember (oh, I hope I am remembering correctly). You can go to my friend's website and read the information there about it, and any reviews that might have been made. www.greatgoldens.com

tatsxxx11
05-05-2004, 04:38 PM
My girls (dogs) eat Solid Gold. But, my kitties were both on Royal Canin before Mr. B went diabetic and my vet gave it a very good recommendation:)

lovemyshiba
05-05-2004, 06:14 PM
My vet, as well as the woman who owns the local pet store here highly recommends Royal Canin.

Check out the site that Logan posted--it is very informative.

Pam
05-05-2004, 06:53 PM
I have heard that it is an excellent food. Currently I am feeding Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover's Soul. Sandra I just went and read a little about Solid Gold and it is very impressive. ;)

shais_mom
05-05-2004, 11:50 PM
I SWEAR BY ROYAL CANIN!!!
It is excellant food!!
I had Keegan on Chicken soup for the dog lover's soul, then switched her to Solid Gold Beef, but she got the itchies, so back to the Chicken soup but now I just started her on the RC Labrador Retriever (figgered Golden's were similiar to them!!) She loves it!! She licks her bowl clean!!!
I also swear by the cat food, but I had to put my Kylie on the Nutro Weight reduction b/c when she was on the Indoor formula she got chunky, put her on the Slim, and it didn't help with her hairballs, and a mixture of the Hair and Skin didn't help her lose weight. But it is an excellant food!!!
I hope he likes it!

Logan
05-06-2004, 07:36 AM
LOL!!!! Staci, you don't know how relieved I am that my memory isn't totally shot!!! Hehehe!!! I'm glad I remembered correctly that it was you who had used and loved this food with your own!!!!! :)