PDA

View Full Version : Dictionary updated

sirrahbed
04-30-2004, 08:00 AM
PT Cat Dictionary of FURMINOLOGY

ack ack, acking - sound made when kittiy is hunting bugs, moths, buirds, etc.

ape s**t - as in "going ape s**t -episode of completely losing it and racing around the house at top speed - see*below

airplane ears - aka yoda ears - those funny pulled back ears that show kitty is NOT very happy!

bits - aka cookies, equipment, truffles - testicles

brushtomer: this is someone waiting on the brushing table for his daily brushing and massage

bundle foot - aka 'tortellini with a stem' - curled up posture in which all four paws are extended and neatly stacked

butt squitch - when your cat is getting ready to pounce and them wiggle their rear end to get the feet set

buttbath - just the essentials

carpet condom - round cat beds with rolled rim

cat Pilates - essentially any pretzel type posture that usually involves cleaning hard to reach areas

cattitude - what cats have

cat fit - see* below

clingon - those little hangers that don't seem to make it into the litter box

dingle, dingleberry - see 'clingon' above

doily kitty - long haired kitty gracefully draped - usually on the back of a sofa

excavator - fastidious cat who is not happy unless the litter box is empty

elevator butt - touch butt/will rise -who knows why they do this??

"fingers and paws crossed" - gesture of PT support and love

fluffy - a euphemism for ...uh...well...plush, Ruebenesque

flyby - racing through room at top speed for no apparent reason, often a group activity in multiple kitty homes, see *below

forever or furrever home (love this one!) - a real home that all kitties deserve

full sweep - this is the extreme affectionate gesture - beginning with a headbumpie, followed by a tooth rub, full body sweep and topped off with the one eyed salute.

furrkid and skinkid - self explanatory unless you have a hairy skinkid I guess

grandmeowmie - a cat mommy or cat daddy's mommy, of course

happy feet: same as making biscuits. Or disco feet for the cat still stuck in the '70's.

headbumpies - bumping heads - a sign of affection

hooman - a cat mommy or daddy with skin on

huffing - sniffing freshly licked and sunwarmed kitty fur

kitty cakes - same as pee biscuits, only larger *edited

kitty kisses - that sleepy looking blink of the eyes that sends a "kiss"

lap fungus - a kitty growth on your lap!! AH!!

making bread or making biscuits - that cute kneading motion the kitties make with their paws when they are contented

meatloaf or loaf of bread (for vegetarians ) paws tucked in, also known as parade float pose

meowmie - a cat mommy

meezer - a Siamese

muffin - aka 'lovemuffin', a sweet, affectionate kitty

one eye salute - that's when they get up in your face, giving you lots of love and kisses and head bumps and suddenly present the other end, tail raised to attention, for close inspection. You just got the one-eye salute

pee biscuits - clump of pee in the catbox

pip-flip - jumping and flipping off the wall.

plush - see fluffy

poo log, poo pancake - various forms of poo, 'cakes are not good

projectile pee - when you can hear the pee hit the side of the box and trickle down. Eeeeeewwwwwww.....

PT'er - an addiction, quite harmless, you probably are one if you are reading this, go huff your furrkid

purrgasmic - a blissfully purring kitty

RB or Rainbow Bridge - where our kitties go to wait for us when they are done on earth

Richard - aka RICHARD!!! amusing and easily amused PT member. known for pithy comments and wry humor.

royal sceptre - posture where kitty extends one paw like a staff to be adored and kissed, as in "extending the royal sceptre"

schmoozle - To put one's face on/in a fluffy cat belly

scooterbug - little baby kitties scooting around!!

scritches - essentially a scratch - but obviously better because it must also scratch an itch and feels SOOO good to kitty

squeak freak - episode of completely losing it and racing around the house at top speed. (similar to ape s**t above) but involves a loud squeaking noise, I believe. also see * below

tea-cozy: similar to meatloaf pose, but on the kitchen counter where one would have a tea cozy cover for your tea pot!

telescope kitty - kitty stretches l o n g - usually for a treat!

tits-up - that's when they are lying upside down with full belly exposed

toe jammin' - same as toe crunching. Basically working on that toe jam between the toes!

tortitude - what tortie cats have an extra dose of cattitude

tortellini - the round curled up posture my cats cannot do because they are too fluffy

toothrubs - when kitty rubs his cheeks on you to mark and you get jabbed by a tooth!

velcro kitty - lovey-dovey attached kitty - often when the hooman has been gone awhile

white coats - vet

wideload - rear view of a plush meatloaf

yoda ears - aka airplane ears - those funny pulled back ears that show kitty is NOT very happy!

*catfit - this one seems to have many variations. collectively, it involves an episode of completely losing it and racing through rooms at top speed for no apparent reason, often a group activity in multiple kitty homes. It is aka storm of the Mongole hordes, couch-cat pinball, nine-o'clock crazies, herd of turtles, Random Cat Outburst (RCO), thundering herd of cat, squeak freak, flyby, flying fluffies, and going ape s**t.

catmandu
04-30-2004, 09:06 AM
There should be a Pet Dictionary , as those words are priceless! How about Excatvator , for the Cats who are not happy , until the Litter Box, is empty!

catcrazylady
04-30-2004, 09:17 AM
This whole thing cracks me up!!! I thought I was the only one that had a Squeak Freak!! Sammy tears through the kitchen and his pads squeak on the floor! It is so funny. Once again I'm not alone!!!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-30-2004, 10:09 AM
furrkid and skinkid - self explanatory unless you have a hairy skinkid I guess
:D :D :D

You forgot "carpet condom." As an example, here is a pic of Peanut, demonstrating the perfect tortellini in her carpet condom.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid46/pdc49fe6ba01fc6e26eec451b9f1cfb07/fccc6ce0.jpg

:D

rkidsrcats
04-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Can't believe I forgot to include this one originally. Hubby's favorite....

You know when your cat is getting ready to pounce and them wiggle their rear end to get the feet set.....

that's a BUTT SQUITCH! :D :D :D

sirrahbed
04-30-2004, 05:20 PM
hey you guys! whenever you think of a word I left out, how about doing this: copy and paste the whole dictionary into a new thread and add in the new word:D Then, I can stop my neurotic editing!!!:rolleyes:

carpet condom and butt squitch have been added;)

sirrahbed
04-30-2004, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by rkidsrcats
Can't believe I forgot to include this one originally. Hubby's favorite....

You know when your cat is getting ready to pounce and them wiggle their rear end to get the feet set.....

that's a BUTT SQUITCH! :D :D :D

:D :D THAT one got a big roar out of my hubby!!!:D :D Yeah, we know the butt squitch alright!!

Cataholic
04-30-2004, 07:33 PM
How much, and to whom do I send my check? :D

QueenScoopalot
04-30-2004, 07:45 PM
ROFLMAO! Love the "one eyed salute" :D I've called testicles "truffles".

sirrahbed
04-30-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by QueenScoopalot
ROFLMAO! Love the "one eyed salute" :D I've called testicles "truffles".

LOL I think it is the nurse in me! I always use the proper terminology for body parts -

doctor to my two year old son "so you have a rash on your pee-pee?"

my son - "no, on my penis!"

rpcathouse
04-30-2004, 09:38 PM
Now when male kittens are neutered they have their seat cushions removed.

lat192004
05-01-2004, 03:28 PM
Priceless dictionary of Firminology :D :cool: :D Rated 5 stars. Is this the entire list, or is it updated monthly?LOL.. BTW, I have a velcro kitty...lol