PDA

View Full Version : The results are in.....I am having a ....

Cataholic
04-27-2004, 11:22 AM
BOY!!!!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it wasn't what I was secretly (okay, not so secretly) dreaming of, but, I tell you the moment the doctor confirmed it, I was like, "A boy..that is so cool"!!

Yippee! Everything else looked great, no signs of any abnormalities (other than the mother :D ). I am still on target for a 9/9 due date...that only gives us 19 weeks to come up with a name! Lilyana Grace, sadly, just won't do.

So, let the naming begin....any thoughts?

davidpizzica
04-27-2004, 11:27 AM
How about "DAVID"? I'm sort of partial to that one ( on't ask me why ) lol lol

trayi52
04-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Awww, its going to be a little Cataholic boy!! Congratulations!! Can't think of a name at all though.

Willie:)

Cataholic
04-27-2004, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by david p
How about "DAVID"? I'm sort of partial to that one ( on't ask me why ) lol lol

:D :D :D

Rio and Me
04-27-2004, 11:35 AM
I take it this is a Skin kid,lol
hummm names
Tyler
Jack
Tayler
Sam
My most favirate name ever for a boy is Donnie (so you cant have that one,lol :p
Oh and CONGRATs
Ky

popcornbird
04-27-2004, 11:44 AM
Oh!!!!! A little BOY for Mommy Catapault! :D Yippee!!!! You can dress him in your favorite color........BLUE! :D Names? Hmmm...........maybe if you can tell us what names you've been thinking of, and we can help you choose from your list? Do you have one? Or have you been making a girl name list all this time? He he he!

I had a feeling it would be a Monte without fur.......... ;)

Ohhh..........didn't you tell me if you have a boy, you're going to name him Popcorn? :p *My Popcorn*, is getting a bit demanding right now, and saying you should do just that! He he! :D

lbaker
04-27-2004, 11:47 AM
Boy or girl... at least you know the baby looks healthy and that's really all that matters :) Little girls are sweet and cute and fun to dress up and all but once they hit puberty.... lordamighty the eyes roll up at everything mom says. They can start whining and pouting and are embarrassed by everything in the home. I know that's years away but.... names? Let's think on it some {{{{ group thoughts group thoughts }}}} Congratulations dear Johanna. Stay well and get lots of rest.. (you're going to need it :rolleyes: )

ramanth
04-27-2004, 11:49 AM
Oh Boy!! A BOY!!!

:D

Andrew is a nice name. ;)

mugsy
04-27-2004, 11:51 AM
Congrats JO!! I have ALWAYS liked the name Brian....

Cinder & Smoke
04-27-2004, 12:07 PM
OH W:DW!!!!!

The lil SkinKid is a....

**BOY**

Us *GUYZ* are sooooo out-numbered here on Pet Talk -
we need allua Help we can get!!

WELCOME - lil Cataholic SON!! :) ;) :D

OMG! - Did ya look *reel close*??? :p

HATE ta have "his" new room all painted up in *BLUE* --
onlee to told "OOPSIE! Guess whut??
Musta made a lil boo-boo -
You've got a li :eek: ...

They don't *DO* that, DO they?? :confused:

Randi
04-27-2004, 12:10 PM
Wow! A little boy - Congratulations Johanna!! :D I'm so happy for you that everything is OK! :) He may even be born on my birthday. ;) 9/9.

Uhh, all these decisions - picking a name would take me weeks, but you have a lot of time to think about it. ;) Pick one he can use anywhere in the world - without getting embarressed. :eek:

I found this site with lots and lots of names, have a look!

http://www.babynamesworld.com/boys-names.html

popcornbird
04-27-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke

They don't *DO* that, DO they?? :confused:

:D [/COLOR]

One of my friend's little sister was said to be a boy before she was born, but when she arrived, she turned out to be a girl!!! So although it is accurate on the most part, there are times when they turn out to be wrong. :p

Jetta_Pup
04-27-2004, 12:40 PM
CONGRATS!!!

i have all boys and my 1st OMG since i found out it was a boy he was gonna be Christian and after i had him the nurse said "whats him name" i said Jakob...LOL when the right name comes you will know it.

lovemyshiba
04-27-2004, 12:42 PM
Congrats!!!
A baby boy!!! How wonderful!!!

Two girls I work with, along with two of my cousins are pregnant right now, so I've been talking names with them all lately.
One of my cousins keeps hers a secret, so I don't know what she has decided for a boy, but my other cousin wants to go with Carter if she has a boy.
Some other names we all have been tossing around lately:
Jacob
Nathan
Nicholas
Ryan
Connor
Aiden
Matthew
Braden

Vermontcat
04-27-2004, 01:02 PM
It's a BOY!!! :)
I think Sam is a good name!;)

By the way have you been feeling any kicks from the little one yet?

Karen
04-27-2004, 01:05 PM
Benjamin (Binxamin!) ;) was my first thought for a boy name for you!

As you're a Johanna, I could list a mess of Swedish names from my Swedish Great-Grandma Johanna's sons (and other members of that branch):

Gustav
Frederick
Otto
Axel
and then there was Charles - last-born, and when they'd been in America for a while, so that one English name crept in!
Iver
Peter(Petyr)

isis
04-27-2004, 01:08 PM
Congradulations! Wow, He may be born on my brothers birthday.:p And a day after Emma's.

I've always liked the names Connor, Carter, and Matthew, but thats just me. Anywho Good luck with the baby!:D

Kater
04-27-2004, 01:11 PM
Congratulations, Johanna! A BOY, A BOY, A BOY! I think it's pretty darn cool as well. :D I'm very glad to hear that everything is progressing along just fine....9/9 is actually my Dad's birthday. We'll hope your son doesn't turn out like him though! ;)

Names...hmmm....I guess I'll just throw a few ideas out there. These are all names of guys I know and like. I guess these names are some of the more unusual variety.

Adrian
Berkeley
Bronson
Bryce
Brent
Curtis
Danton
Daren/Darin/Darren/Darrin
Dean
Dimitri
Ethan
Forest/Forrest
Galen
Grady
Hans
Ian
Jared/Jered/Jerod
Joel
Kai
Kenan
Kirk (would have been my name had I been a boy :p)
Kimo
Kurt
Liam
Luke
Lyle
Perry
Payton
Shane
Sheldon
Steven/Stephen
Sumner
Tad/Thad/Thadeus/Thaddeus
Terrence/Torrance
Thierry
Travis
Trent
Troy
Warren
Wes/Wesley
Winston
Wyatt
Zane
Zion

lbaker
04-27-2004, 01:13 PM
My grandson is a Conner but he spells it with an E-R not an O-R Garrett is nice too! As someone said earlier though, you will know when the time is right.

hmmmm of course Phred is a very good name ;) :D :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-27-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Karen
Benjamin (Binxamin!) ;) was my first thought for a boy name for you!
As you're a Johanna, I could list a mess of Swedish names from my Swedish Great-Grandma Johanna's sons (and other members of that branch):
Gustav
Frederick

Oooohhh....I like Gustav. Not too many of those these days. ;) :D

My Grandpa's name was Isaac, I always kinda like that for a boy.

Congratulations on the new man in the family! Like Pops says, a Monte without fur. :D :D

Ally Cat's Mommy
04-27-2004, 01:26 PM
Yay Congrats!!!!

Hey - if you are 4 days early you will share a birthday with my Daughter Amber, and if you are 2 days late you will share with me!!!

slleipnir
04-27-2004, 01:27 PM
Congrats! For some reason I pictured you having a girl XD I like the name Conner though :)

lovemyshiba
04-27-2004, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by lbaker

hmmmm of course Phred is a very good name ;) :D :D

how could I forget to have added Phred to my list!!

Cinder & Smoke
04-27-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by Randi

Pick one he can use anywhere in the world -

without getting embarressed! :eek:

OH - PLEASE follow THAT suggestion!

Don't you (at least *I* do) feel sorry / embarrassed for
the poor folks :( that were/are named for...

.. their parents' :eek: "favorite"

.. car...
.. movie *star* (now long-forgotten)...
.. food...
.. rock *star* (also now forgotten)
.. political figure-of-the-day (who's now in jail)...
.. and the list goes on... :eek: :o

The lil GUY has to LIVE with his name - forEVER -
Let's help Joh pick one he'll be *PROUD* to
sign on the bottom of a business letter;
.. or see in lights on the Theater Marquee;
.. or use as President of the USA!!

"Phred" won't cut it! :cool: ;)

AmberLee
04-27-2004, 02:34 PM
Congratulations!

Names I like include:

Brian
Matthew
Peter Thomas (a little P.T., awwwww ;) :p)
Daniel
Luke

Oh well, your list of names must be getting enormous! (But don't forget Lilyana Grace, in case the doctor's prediction's off!)

anna_66
04-27-2004, 02:46 PM
Yipee! Your having a bouncing http://img14.photobucket.com/albums/v43/anna66/bcbbboy.gif!!!!

That's just wonderful Jo! I can't even begin to imagine how happy you are:D

Now as for boy names, I really like:
Michael & Marcus

CountryWolf07
04-27-2004, 02:50 PM
Shane
Erik
Preston
Cameron
Taylor
Ryan
Devin
Dante' (would've been my brother's name, but instead, my parents chose "Tyler")..

ChrisH
04-27-2004, 02:57 PM
A Boy! Cool! :) Congratulations Johanna. :D :D :D

Names I like include:

David
John
Paul
Andrew
Benjamin
Samuel
(Also these chosen by Amberlee :) )
Brian
Matthew
Peter
Daniel
Luke
......... guess I'm a traditional type of person!! :D :D

Cincy'sMom
04-27-2004, 03:55 PM
Congrats Joh!!! Can I buy your son his first Bengal's outfit? Or maybe Bearcat if you prefer?

Barbara
04-27-2004, 04:07 PM
Catgratulations!

You should be able to find a state name for your son:D

I won't mix in the name question as it is a cultural thing - I just have no idea how names sound in a different culture, which ones are old fashioned, or conservative, or modern, or cheap........

bluekat
04-27-2004, 04:27 PM
A baby boy!:D Congratulations!!!

Some of my favorite boy names are: Tyler, Taylor, Daniel, Matthew, David, Josh(ua), Bryan, Cameron, Anthony...

Edwina's Secretary
04-27-2004, 04:27 PM
Joseph. A solid, good name.

(or Louis if you do want to keep the states going!)

Miss Meow
04-27-2004, 04:44 PM
Catboy!

Oh, OK, how about his middle name then? ;)

I like Karen's suggestion of Otto. Apart from liking the name, his initials will be OH, and that's a state!

Congratulations :D

Cataholic
04-27-2004, 04:54 PM
WOW. You guys have come up with some very good suggestions!! I really like some of them...and, if worst comes to worst, I will just have a child with 15 names! I have a BIG feeling the md won't be wrong. Seems like the wrong part is usually when they say it is a girl, and out pops a boy. Something about the photo made even me, a non medical person, say, "yep, its a boy". Plus, I am moving full steam ahead with blue! My favorite colour in the world.

Let us ALL hope it is NOT a Monte without fur...one of us would be moving out....:D

jazzcat
04-27-2004, 04:58 PM
Congrats!!!

A BOY!!!!!:)

popcornbird
04-27-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
My favorite colour in the world.

Colour? Since when did you become British? ;);) He he he

bluekat
04-27-2004, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Colour? Since when did you become British? ;);) He he he

LOL or Canadian;):p

My favorite color is also blue:D Pretty obvious though lol.

Karen
04-27-2004, 05:20 PM
One more Swedish uncle - can't believe I forgot Uncle Emil! - (pronounced EE-ml)

Pssst - I've seen people suggest Taylor or Tyler - most of those I run into these days are girls, dunno if you're into gender-neutral names ...

;)

popcornbird
04-27-2004, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by bluekat
LOL or Canadian;):p

She's losing her American identity again. Oh dear. :p :D

I'm just kidding...........just..........kidding........... ..heh

Blue happens to be my favorite color too. :D Well........green and purple too, but I LOVE blue!

captain
04-27-2004, 05:27 PM
Oh Johanna - Congratulations.

I remember when you told us you were having a bub, and everyone (well, almost everyone) was going GIRL, GIRL, GIRL!!!

I believe myself and Phred (That I remember ..??) were leaning towards the BOY thing .......... and voila!!!

BLUE is one of my favourites colours too!!!

As for names, I have a list at home of my fav. names, but the very first one ........... which will be my sons name if I have anything to say about it, is

Spencer ...

BUT I REALLY LOVE the name Stewart / Stuart ..... but hubbie HATES IT .

Congrats, congrats!!!!

carole
04-27-2004, 05:38 PM
CONGRATS Johanna, believe me a son is just as precious as a daughter,I have a very close bond with my boy.

I like these names
SCOTT (for obvious reasons )

RYAN

BRENDAN

LEVI

LOGAN

CHRISTIAN

NICHOLAS

SEAN

JOSH

AARON

LEITH

JASON:)

RobiLee
04-27-2004, 06:08 PM
CONGRATS, JOHANNA!!!!

A boy, oh what fun! I'm so happy for you.

Names..hmmm...It took me forever to pick a name for my new puppy. I don't think I'll be much help...lol.

I do like:

Ryan
Sean
Marcus
Bradley

I really like the name: Ryan Patrick

And of course I love: Brandon Scott

Wishing you all the best and a happy healthy pregnancy.

Keep us posted!

Robin :)

Cinder & Smoke
04-27-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by captain

..I believe myself and Phred (That I remember ..??)
were leaning towards the BOY thing ..........
and voila!!!

:p
Dad sez...

He onlee sed "What **IF**??"

Yeah, *blame* da "Boy" thing on Dad! :p

Dogz
04-27-2004, 06:21 PM
It's a BOY!! :D

Congratulations, Johanna! Again, I am so happy for you!

I really like the names Andew and Taylor.

I have to say that boy names are very hard. You might change his names a few times. ;) I did with Prince. Of course that is something different, but...

:p

Keep us updated, and I can't wait to see pictures of him when he arrives!

lbaker
04-27-2004, 06:41 PM
ANDREW, SOMEONE SAID ANDREW! That can only make me think of DRAKE! Drake is an great name for a child of yours. Maybe I'm just so in love with Drake I'm discomboobalated at the moment but DRAKE is a great name. But again, you will know when the time comes and you look into that face :cool: Do you realize that this wonderfull child of yours is going to have so many Dogmothers and Catmothers (not to get into GodParents) that he will be blessed and cared for by a whole community of LOVE! Oh what a happy day Joh! We love you :)

captain
04-27-2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by lbaker
I'm discomboobalated at the moment

Wow - That word made me confused!!!!! - discombobulated
(and that is what it means!!! I had to look it up -)

Entry: abashed
Function: adjective
Definition: ill at ease
Synonyms: ashamed, bewildered, bugged, chagrined, confounded, confused, crushed, discombobulated, discomfited, disconcerted, disgraced, embarrassed, fazed, fuddled, humbled, humiliated, mortified, rattled, red-faced, shamed, shy, taken aback
Antonyms: at ease, composed, confident, cool, emboldened, heartened, pleased, proud, reassured, relaxed, undaunted
Concept: fear

guster girl
04-27-2004, 06:48 PM
Congratulations! :) I didn't read the thread, but, I did read your request for names.....I like classic names. Not old sounding, necessarily, but, solid. :) But, I've also always liked Simon. Dunno why. Anyway, congrats!

lbaker
04-27-2004, 06:53 PM
Captain, you are FAST, yeah.. that's about it

Amber
04-27-2004, 06:56 PM
CONGRADULATIONS!

ITS A BOY!! YAY!

VERY HAPPY FOR YA!

I like the names:

Josh (Joshua)
Ryan
Brennan
Garrette
Jake
Tyler
Adam
Andrew
Joey
Marcus
Aaron
Jason
and so on........

Again, CONGRADULATIONS! :p

G.P.girl
04-27-2004, 07:29 PM
yay! a boy! you should name it Matt or Kyle or Sean or Dillon. or Jared, that's a cool name. CONGRATS!

DogLover9501
04-27-2004, 08:40 PM
:eek: A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Johanna! Remember when you had us all hoping for a girl? :p I can imagine how happy you are! How exciting!!! I hope the cats are prepared for a little boy;)

I have no names lol I am not good with names at all, but I will give a few I guess(sorry if they've been said!)

Some I like are....
-Jacob
-Ethan
-Ryan(like several others like)
-Dylan
-Benjamin
-Noah
-Evan

And also, I agree, no embarrassing names, A woman that my cousin babysits for just had a baby boy and she named him Jack McDoodle :eek: Im not kidding!

Congrats Again!!! :D

Miss Meow
04-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by DogLover9501
:eek: A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

And also, I agree, no embarrassing names, A woman that my cousin babysits for just had a baby boy and she named him Jack McDoodle :eek: Im not kidding!

Congrats Again!!! :D[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Gee, little Jack McDoodle wouldn't be beaten up at school or anything with that name! Classic :D

CathyBogart
04-27-2004, 09:03 PM
I like the name Aiden. :) Brian may have a nephew by that name soon.

Logan
04-27-2004, 11:09 PM
It's a boy!!!!! Yippee!!!! As I may have told you, Johanna, I was convinced that I was having a boy (not due to an ultrasound, just a gut feeling). Well, my mom told me, after viewing my ultrasound video, that it was a girl, and she was sure of it! How right she was!!!! What a blessing that girl was for me too!!!!

I love the names that are not heavily used. I chose "Helen" because every Helen I ever knew was very special, and we knew several, although most of them were older ladies. Our choice for a boy was "Thomas Chapman", which used the middle names of both of our fathers. I never did get that boy until Scott and I married and I inherieted Andrew Scott, who is a very special little boy!

You need to choose something that is special to you, whether it is in your family, or just a name, like Helen's that you love. Whatever it is, it will fit that little fellow perfectly, i'm sure. I'm so happy for you I could scream (but I won't, since my 13 year old "baby", Helen, is sleeping, as are all of her furry and feathered siblings. LOL!!!!

I'll be anxious to hear of your own ideas for a name for your bouncing, baby boy!!!!! :D

shais_mom
04-27-2004, 11:49 PM
Congratulations Jo!!!!!

will have to think about Names!!!
And do ultrasounds are not always accurate!!!
Altho being able to see its a boy is easier then if its a girl..
My cousin and his wife KNEW they were having a girl, we had a shower with all pink, a cake that said welcome "Brooke Marie" everyone got Dresses for her...... And Matthew Alan came out!!! Brooke was about 3 years later!

krazyaboutkatz
04-28-2004, 12:03 AM
Congrats Johanna!!!:D

Names:
Brendan
Luke
Zack or Zachary
Todd- my brothers name
Ryan- my cousin's name
Tye or Tyler
Dylan
Jake
Chris, Christopher, or Christian
Derek- my nephews name
Jon- my brother's name

I'm sure you'll come up with a great name.:D

Rio and Me
04-28-2004, 06:58 AM
Thought of some more,lol
Tristen
Shane
Bobby
Kyle
Dale
Damon/Damion
Baily
Reese
(? spelling on most names,lol)
Ky

BitsyNaceyDog
04-28-2004, 07:16 AM
I want a baby.
Congratulations on a boy!!!

My favorite names are:
Nathan
Benjamin
Isaiah
Jeremiah
Shane
Patrick
Bryan
Brett
Nicholas

All Creatures Great And Small
04-28-2004, 08:34 AM
I had planned to name Laura "Kevin" if she had been a boy - I just like the name. I think Brian, Matt(hew), Scott, Dan(iel), Michael (Mike), are all good names too. I'm with Phred on not picking anything too trendy - the "classics" stand the test of time, don't have to be spelled for everybody, and work well on 8 month olds and 80 year olds.

You could name him Johann, and have a "Joh Junior"......:D

sirrahved
04-28-2004, 09:14 AM
Tobias. That's my fave boy name!

Lillycat
04-28-2004, 09:51 AM
hmmmm....so many lovely names listed.....wasnt it randi that mentioned an important thought.....a name that can be lived with.........need to keep that in mind.... now on to some of the names i liked from the great "list" offered.....aaron, spencer, anthony ( i added that one...grandma"s can do that) jacob ( i looove jake), nicholas......more to come i think! my favorites as of this moment......anthony and jacob.......

Barbara
04-28-2004, 09:56 AM
Lillycat, now we see what we have to do to get you back:D

Little catboy will bring lots of entertainment to your life:)

Lillycat
04-28-2004, 10:01 AM
good morning to you too! actually, i am home barely recovering from a vile strep throat.....so was spending a few minutes at pettalk......but the baby really is exciting and helping to care for this newest grandchild will be coming full circle for me!

Albea
04-28-2004, 10:05 AM
It's a boy!!!
http://media.1001.com/postcards/pix/0012/001201a.gif

Two old fashion names nobody has mentioned so far are Edward and George.

robinh
04-28-2004, 10:55 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I am so happy for you! When my son was born, I tried to find a name that would go with our complicated last name. We came up with "Kevin Mark". But, I'll agree that you'll know the name is right when you see the baby.

Stenograsaurus
04-28-2004, 12:24 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Well it looks like that Ancient Chinese Gender Charter failed us both. Can we start a class action suit against them? :D Since I won't be needing my boy names, I'll tell you what they were.
Austin
Garrett

I also love these names but couldn't use them for other reasons:
Luke
Jacob
Jordan (reminded me of the Jordan River)
Caleb

(Oh, and they moved my due date up to the 9th also!!!!! :eek: ) The first thing I said was, I will not have my baby on 9/11!!!! Then I said, hey, that's the same day that Johanna is due!!!

Cataholic
04-28-2004, 01:16 PM
Beth- we are due the same day!!!! OMG...how totally cool. I can't believe it!! Now, answer my pm, dern it! :D

Stenograsaurus
04-28-2004, 01:26 PM
I do not see a PM!!!!

Cataholic
04-28-2004, 01:33 PM
Well, that would explain a few things....

Kfamr
04-28-2004, 01:37 PM
I think a boy would be much easier than a girl! :p

Names?

Adam
Adrian
Barrett
Beau
Caleb
Cole
Damian(or Damien)
Daryl
Eamon
Elliot
Floyd
Fletcher
Gadon
Gordon
Hayden
Hugh

and i'll shut up now. ;x

Logan
04-28-2004, 01:56 PM
Hugh is a GREAT name!!!!! Thanks for remembering that, KayAnn!!! :) I speak from authority. My grandfather, my father and my brother are all named "Hugh". My brother goes by "Chip", but my grandfather and my father were "Hugh" and "Hugh Jr", respectively. My grandfather died in 1990 at 86 years old, and people who have known my dad for years still call him "Hugh Jr". LOL!! :)

luckies4me
04-28-2004, 02:34 PM
Congratulations! :D I have a few things for you too, so if you want to PM me your address I can send them out in a few weeks. :)

How about Dylan? :D

slleipnir
04-28-2004, 03:39 PM
I know! How about Pot Leaf. No, no, I'm going to name my first born child that...so you can't have it! lol, no I'm kidding. I'm not going to have children silly.

CamCamPup33
04-29-2004, 12:48 PM
Ohhh A BOY!!

Congrats!

I was just at the hospital last night, my aunt just had her baby!! :D Sorry off topic :X

Anyway, i always have loved the name...

Julian Micheal..

I think it's adorable.. lol :p

carole
04-29-2004, 11:18 PM
From my personal experience having one of each, boys are much cheaper, they don't usually need or want make-up, need bras, the list goes on and on, and then when its easter and xmas they like to get presents for all their little friends, boys usually don't bother at least until they are older and want to impress the girls.

Boy's are different , in their way of thinking, acting, etc etc, but you can have just a close a bond with a son as a daughter, (say's a mother who is missing her son so very much) I am really glad I had a son first, then was blessed with my girl,I have the best of both worlds.

Believe me Johanna you will love having a son.!!!!!!:)

Tonya
04-29-2004, 11:26 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

Here are a few names I like:

Adan
Andre
Ronny
Trace
Javan
Jaron
Jaden ;)
Isaac

EssTer
04-30-2004, 05:59 AM
awww!Congrats!!!:D I´m very happy for you!;)