PDA

View Full Version : Secretary

guster girl
04-05-2004, 02:38 AM
Anyone else see this film? I just saw it, and, WOW!!!! I've always loved James Spader, but, never really noticed Maggie Gyllenhaal before this! What an incredible film. Please, if you have seen it, and, have an opinion, let me hear it! :)

G.P.girl
04-06-2004, 05:39 PM
i haven't seen it

guster girl
04-06-2004, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
i haven't seen it

And, I'm not the censor of what films you see, but, if I were your parent, I'd not let you see it. ;) It's more for adults. That's why I posted this here in the Dog House. I still recommend it for over 17, for sure.

Tiana
04-08-2004, 04:04 PM
I also was impressed with this movie! I saw it, and had heard of Maggie before, but never knew 'who' she was. Now whenever I hear she's in a movie I am prompted to see it! I thought it was a very interesting, unique movie. I found myself watching 2 days in a row even! Hehe! But yes, I agree VERY adult in content!

Tina
04-08-2004, 04:10 PM
I haven't seen it. But I think I'll try and check it out. I'll let you know what I think when I see it.

G.P.girl
04-08-2004, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by guster girl
And, I'm not the censor of what films you see, but, if I were your parent, I'd not let you see it. ;) It's more for adults. That's why I posted this here in the Dog House. I still recommend it for over 17, for sure.
lol what's it about?

guster girl
04-08-2004, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by G.P.girl
lol what's it about?

Well, now. ;) It's a romantic comedy, basically. BUT.... it's very very black. It's not a Sleepless in Seattle kinda flick. It's about a young girl who gets a job as a lawyer's secretary, and, they discover eachother's mutual interest in S & M. I'll not go into too much detail, for the simple fact that it will ruin the movie. It's full of surprises, and, I for one, don't want to spoil it. You can look up the film and read what it's about if you want. I absolutely loved it. Maggie Gyllenhaal is so beautiful, she's right up there now with Scarlett Johansson IMO. I will see any movie she's in from this point on. :)