PDA

View Full Version : Fister's staircase adventure

Randi
04-02-2004, 10:40 AM
I think Fister had his need for adventure fulfilled to the limit yesterday! :eek: John went over to the kiosk and let him wonder a bit on the staircase as we’ve done before. When he came back, he left the door ajar.

About 10 min. later, I went past and saw the door open, so I closed it, not knowing Fister was still out there. Then suddenly, John got up “Where’s Fister, has he come in yet?” At the same time, the doorbell rang and a woman from 2 stories up stood there with her sobbing 6 year old daughter. They obviousluy had come home at the same time and since our door was closed, he had run further up and found their door open. The mother said that Fister had jumped on her daughter, but I really find that hard to believe! Fister was most likely terrified to find himself in a strange place and may have jumped up on something to get a view of the situation. The family was of course scared he would get their bird who was out of it’s cage.

However, the mother chased Fister out of the kitchen door and when I opened, there he was. He rushed in like a rocket!!

jazzcat
04-02-2004, 11:31 AM
Sounds like Fister got a little more than he bargained for yesterday. I'm glad he is back home safe and sound.

catlover4ever
04-02-2004, 11:31 AM
Poor Fister....he probally won't do that again anytime soon.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
04-02-2004, 11:41 AM
I can just see poor Fister, like in the movies where each one is as surprised as the other. That poor little girl probably shrieked scaring the bejezez out of poor Fister who was wondering why everything was different in the first place. Hopefully the upstairs neighbors weren't too upset. I'm so glad Fister made his way home though. We don't need another "Pouncer scare" here today. ;)

I know you used to let Fister out quite often, does he not get yard privileges anymore?

catcrazylady
04-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Poor Fister, poor little girl, poor bird, and poor you getting such a surprise when you opened the door!!! I had to laugh when I read it because I was like T&P's mom, I could just see the scene in a comedy movie!! It's easy to laugh since everyone turned out ok!

:D :D :D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

momoffuzzyfaces
04-02-2004, 01:08 PM
Why would a family who had their bird loose in their apartment leave their door open? What if it had gotten out and met Fister or another cat?

I'm glad Fister is home safe and sound and without a bird snack.:D

Randi
04-02-2004, 01:17 PM
Yes, he did get more than what he had expected. :D

Debbie, occasionally when he's on the kitchen staircase we open the door out to the yard, but he mostly just stands there, not daring to go out. When he does, (and only if NOONE is there!) he races over to his tree, scratches a bit and races back in again - and occasionally rolls in the dirt. :rolleyes: But now that spring is here, he just may get a little more interested in going outside again. A pity he only wants to out when it's getting dark. :(

catcrazylady! I was SO confused, I really didn't know what was going on. :confused: I had seen Fister go out the front door - and then 15 min. later, I see him come in the back door!! And he had NOT been outside. :eek: Glad we got an explanation and the upstairs neighbor still had a bird. :)

MOFF! The family had just come home, that's probably why their door was open - they let their budgie? fly around in the flat always I think. I wonder what they'll do in the summer when it's too hot to have the windows closed. There are 7 windows facing more or less south.

catnapper
04-02-2004, 02:26 PM
Poor Fister. I'm sure the experience will be forgotten shortly and he'll be asking to play on the steps again soon. I know that is what Pouncer did. As a mommy who lost her "chikld" yesterday, I know how frightening it can be to notice they're missing. I'm glad to hear he's home safe and nothing worse for wear.

Edwina's Secretary
04-02-2004, 04:08 PM
What a day! Fister must be plum tuckered out. New apartment, birds, small children, chasing woman! I think he needs to sleep on your pillow tonight, Randi. It will held him recover from his stressful day.....:D ;) :D

Barbara
04-03-2004, 09:01 AM
If Fister had left the scene of the crime in the upper floor earlier it might have been one of these headlines like "leopard sized cat broke into apartment:eek: :eek: :eek: "

As we know better we are very glad our Fister is back and wasn't hurt:)

catmandu
04-03-2004, 09:04 AM
It sounds likr Fister was doing liitle visit , to the neighbors , and just wanted to be friengly , and I agree that he wouldny=t jump , on that little Girl , he wanted to be Pals!

Vio&Juni
04-03-2004, 12:11 PM
Poor Fister. Now he needs more cuddles, more treats and, of course, your pillow for a week :)

Glad he's back home.

NoahsMommy
04-03-2004, 07:57 PM
Poor Fister! Those people don't sound all that kind...making like it was HIS fault for what happened! He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I bet that girl scared the crap out of him. :(

IttyBittyKitty
04-04-2004, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
Poor Fister! Those people don't sound all that kind...making like it was HIS fault for what happened! He was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. I bet that girl scared the crap out of him. :(

I agree ... it's not a good idea to have your budgie out and about when there are going to be doors open, and especially not a good idea when you're not home!