PDA

View Full Version : Good Boy Tiger!

rkidsrcats
03-26-2004, 09:42 PM
Tiger had the sniffles and sneezles last week, so we went to the vet for some medicine. He's such a good boy, I don't have to force it down. He loves the pink stuff! Glad to report that the sneezles are almost gone!

I got a little video of him being an excellent patient...

Tiger Takes His Meds (http://home.comcast.net/~jphoenix12/GoodBoyTiger1.wmv)

jazzcat
03-26-2004, 10:09 PM
OMG, that is awesome. What a good boy!! I can't believe he likes the pink stuff, mine hate it. Great video, Tiger is just too adorable.

catnapper
03-26-2004, 10:21 PM
How cute is that? So cute! He was all too happy to take his medicine like a good boy.

trayi52
03-26-2004, 10:36 PM
I loved that! Now where is one of my buddy Willie?? Haven't heard from him in awhile. So I want a video of him, and of course all the others too!!

Tiger is such a good boy, I would be torn to shreds if I tried that with Stubby or Grover. Though Grover does love those vitamins in the tube.

Willie:)

smokey the elder
03-27-2004, 07:20 AM
That is awesome! I'll need to show that video to my cats when they need meds.

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-27-2004, 07:28 AM
Aw what a good boy! That video is priceless! And Tiger is such a handsome boy!!

Craftlady
03-27-2004, 07:38 AM
WTG Tiger, good boy for taking medicines :)

catmandu
03-27-2004, 08:57 AM
Now that should be on the Nightly News , that a cat will willingly take his Meds! Amazing , call Letterman!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
03-28-2004, 08:53 PM
Oh my! What a good boy! We just got back from a few days away and the pet sitter left a note that everything went well except T & P wouldn't take their liquid medicine. It has the eye dropper thing too, and smells kind of sweet to me, but evidently she couldn't get them to take it. I just shove it down their throats and squeeze, but they wanted nothing to do with it from her. :rolleyes: I think Tiger should give lessons. ;) :D

slick
03-28-2004, 09:40 PM
That is soooo not fair on all the rest of us that have to endure scratches and bites all in the name of medicinal care.:D :D

You are so lucky and Tiger, I'm sending you some kisses and scritches for being such a darling boy.

Steffi N
03-28-2004, 10:03 PM
What a good boy you are Tiger, sucking that medicine down as if it were a treat. I hope you are all better now. :)

boscibo
03-28-2004, 10:19 PM
Wow! I wish I had that experience with my cats. I have always wondered why they can't make cat meds in tuna flavor or something - I know it is done for children's meds, I see the sheet at the checkout at my grocery store all the time. They make flavors like grape, bubblegum, raspberry...stuff like that.

rkidsrcats
03-30-2004, 09:00 AM
Thanks everyone for asking - yes, the TigerTiger Man is back to full form. Up at 4:30 am, asking for shoulder rides and hall way racing again for hours at a time. No more green stuff from the nose!

Sorry most of you have "issues" with medicating your furkids. I KNOW I'm lucky with TigerTiger, and the rest of the guys resist a little, but not much. However, I do have Norman...and "Katie -bar-the-door" if I ever have to try to give him anything! :D :D :D

sirrahbed
03-30-2004, 09:09 AM
Good boy Tiger!!! That is such a cute video and I can hardly believe what I am seeing!! I am currently medicating two cats and medicated a third two weeks ago. It would NOT be a pretty sight! Eliot has already shredded my arms with his back claws. And the nosedrops - omegosh, you'd think I was killing them!
Maybe I will show them this video of Tiger:D You think that might help???:eek:

boscibo - I am with you on the fish flavored meds!!! The stuff I have now smells like bananas - Clavamox and is white.

aguu
03-30-2004, 10:59 AM
That’s too sweet, I simply cannot get over that video. Last time tried to feed that pink medicine to my nawtee kitty it ended up all over me, the walls and the ceiling (12 ft).
I was finding pink stuff all over the house for weeks.

Edwina's Secretary
03-30-2004, 11:31 AM
Yes, that's exactly what it looks like when I have given Edwina the "pink stuff". Except for the screams, hisses, snarls, frantic movement, fighting, clawing, etc.

Randi
03-30-2004, 03:00 PM
Awww, I could hardly believe it. :eek: What a goooood boy Tiger is. :) He takes it like treats. :D I'm sure that the fact you're not forcing it into him, helps, but the taste is definately one he likes. :)

I've never tried giving Fister liquid medicine, but I'm getting quite good giving him pills - if I may say so myself. :D