PDA

View Full Version : OMG!! Please can we keep him???

Cookiebaker
03-25-2004, 08:04 AM
I was on my way to work this morning, and down the road from us was this ADORABLE little beagle pup running in the road. Of course, I stopped and picked him up. Mark saw me stop, realized what happened, and went and got a leash. We have some neighbors up the road a bit that have beagles, but they didn't recognize him. We called at a couple of other houses, but no body is claiming him. We came home and I gave him a quick bath to get the mud out (he was caked!) He still stinks quite a bit, but I didn't want to traumautize him too much! He' is refusing food (even treats) but very interested in WATER! \

He has an OLD collar but no tags; and is un-neutered (yik!)

I've called in late to work, and am trying to figure out what to do from here. We put out signs in front of the house (but I hope that no one calls ;))

I will try and find my camera and take some pics....

Kfamr
03-25-2004, 08:14 AM
Oh, Oh! Please Can you keep him!?! :p

Any estimation on how old he is? Have you called those neighbors that own the Beagles?

What would you do with him if no one claims him? :p

Logan
03-25-2004, 08:14 AM
Oh Anna. You saved him!!!! I don't want you to get any calls about him either, especially since he was running loose and was not neutered and so dirty! Poor little fellow. Can you even guess as to his age?

Malone will be in heaven!!! :D

Cookiebaker
03-25-2004, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr
Oh, Oh! Please Can you keep him!?! :p

Any estimation on how old he is? Have you called those neighbors that own the Beagles?

What would you do with him if no one claims him? :p

Oh I hope we can keep him!! He's soo sweet!

I think he's an elderly beagle because he has some white in his muzzle.

Yes, I took him up to those neighbors that owns the Beagles, but they have never seen him before.

I'm 99% sure that if no one claims him, that he has a HOME, a FOREVER home! :D

So please pray that nobody calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now, I have put him in Malone's old crate and tho' he doesn't like it has settled down. He is just so exhausted probably from running :(:(:(

Oh, and Malone is JEALOUS!! :eek: He's downstairs because I don't want poor pup to be TOO overwhelmed.

I can't stand it! I have to go to work, but I don't want to!!! :p :p

lovemyshiba
03-25-2004, 08:30 AM
How could you even resist those beagle eyes???? YOU CAN'T!!! It's impossible!!!

Thank you for picking up this sweetheart.
I hope no one calls, and you have a new family member:D

catnapper
03-25-2004, 09:23 AM
I hope you get to keep him. He sounds like a real love.

Perhaps its the Beagle that ran away from my neighbor's house two years ago... he could have just been running for two years to run into your arms:D

CamCamPup33
03-25-2004, 10:05 AM
OH! I hope you get to keep him! *Patiently waiting for pictures!*

:p

ramanth
03-25-2004, 10:25 AM
Nice save Anna! I can't wait to see pictures. :D

wolf_Q
03-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Good job Anna!! Can't wait for the pics!! :D Hope you keep him!

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-25-2004, 11:26 AM
Ohhh I'd love to see pics! He sounds so cute.

There must be something going round the Cat owners at the moment. I rescued a dog yesterday too:

Here is the thread:

Guess what I found yesterday (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46332)

aly
03-25-2004, 11:30 AM
I hope this was meant to be.

Good job, Anna!! :D

mugsy
03-25-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by CamCamPup33
OH! I hope you get to keep him! *Patiently waiting for pictures!*

How can you possibly turn down a beagle...they are the absolute cutest!! As for patiently waiting for pictures...CamCam can wait patiently....there's not a patient bone in this body!! I'm IMpatiently waiting! lol

primabella
03-25-2004, 11:51 AM
:D Good job Anna! here's hoping no one calls!

lynnestankard
03-25-2004, 12:00 PM
Well done Anna - another cutie-pie saved!! Maybe he's run away from an awful place and he's run right into the bestet home ever!!
Oohhh I hope so!

Lynne

CamCamPup33
03-25-2004, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
How can you possibly turn down a beagle...they are the absolute cutest!! As for patiently waiting for pictures...CamCam can wait patiently....there's not a patient bone in this body!! I'm IMpatiently waiting! lol

Well i lied im impatiently waiting now!! LOL!

:D

Cookiebaker
03-25-2004, 12:32 PM
Hehe! I'm at work, and am getting NOTHING done. All I can think about is going home :p

I just got a call from hubby, who said that Mr. Beagle-dude is doing well; went out and peed; and finally ate some chompos. :) I think I will stop and get a couple of different types of food to see if he will eat wet food more readily.

Hang in there, and I will definitely get some pics up tonight!!
:D

jazzcat
03-25-2004, 12:38 PM
That is great you saved him and are willing to give him a home. I hope it all works out.

I'm anxious to see pictures too. I LOVE Beagles!!

aly
03-25-2004, 01:13 PM
Dont' worry too much about him not eating, Anna. Who knows how long he was on the road, what he could have eaten, and how upset his stomach might be :eek:

Also, if he's older, his teeth might be hurting. Maybe you could try watering down the food?

If nothing else, maybe he just needs to feel comfortable before he starts eating (which it sounds like he is!)

lovemyshiba
03-25-2004, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by mugsy
How can you possibly turn down a beagle...they are the absolute cutest!!

I couldn't agree with you more!!!!
If a pack of 15 of them showed up at my house, I would just have to get another one, in the country, so they could all bay away at their heart's desire!!!!!

DoggiesAreTheBest
03-25-2004, 05:16 PM
How wonderful that you were able to get him off the street! And from the sounds of it, you are ALREADY in love! I hope it all works out and Mr. Beagle stays. How about a name for the lil fella? Oh and hurry up with those pictures :D

Cookiebaker
03-25-2004, 05:28 PM
FINALLY some pictures! It is almost impossible to get a good picture of him because he is ALWAYS moving!! He just runs in circles. I am thinking that part of that is nervousness. He also has a horrible habit of scratching. :( Ear mites? Nervousness?

On the positive side, he *loves* looking out the window, and runs to look out the window all the time. It's so cute! He ate some more food, and he took a dump OUTSIDE! Whoo hoo! No accidents in the house!!! :p

OK, on to some pictures. Sorry in advance that they aren't the best quality...

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/mrb1.JPG

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/mrb2.JPG

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/mrb3.JPG

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/mrb4.JPG

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/mrb5.JPG

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/mrb6.JPG

I will try to get some more later.

Cookiebaker
03-25-2004, 05:30 PM
Oh and as far as a name, we have nicknamed him "Mr. Beagley" (Original, huh?) I'm thinking of something like "Duffy" though. We'll see.

And I'm still praying that nobody calls. :p

popcornbird
03-25-2004, 05:30 PM
OMG!!! He's SO cute!! Keep him, keep him, keep him!!!! So glad you saved him like you did, and I too, will be hoping you get no phone calls! ;)

mugsy
03-25-2004, 07:52 PM
http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/mrb4.JPG

This one is my favorite.....so typically beagle. How about *gasp* fleas? Is that a raw spot on his nose? He is absolutely adorable. He looks like a 15" beagle. I hope no one calls too...he looks pretty darn happy.

slleipnir
03-25-2004, 08:12 PM
He's so cute!! I hope you get to keep him so he'll have a great home ^_^

lovemyshiba
03-25-2004, 09:17 PM
I love the picture that Molly posted as well--typical beagle is right!!!
Looks like he's perfected his counter surfing skills!!!!!

*no one call, no one call, no one call, no one call*

shais_mom
03-25-2004, 11:51 PM
what a cutie!!! paws crossed for you!

4 Dog Mother
03-26-2004, 08:25 AM
Mr. Beagley (Duffy?) is the cutest! I hope you get to keep him. How is he and Malone doing?

ramanth
03-26-2004, 08:40 AM
What a cutie!!! :D

CountryWolf07
03-26-2004, 10:48 AM
Aww! :) Hope you get to keep him! :D

Uabassoon
03-26-2004, 12:24 PM
He's so cute! I hope you get to keep him.

lynnestankard
03-26-2004, 12:40 PM
Aawwww such a sweetheart - Welcome Mr Beagley xxx

Lynne

anna_66
03-26-2004, 12:43 PM
He's so adorable! I really hope you are able to keep him, he sounds like a great guy:D

Thank you for being such a wonderful person and saving this guy from a uncertain future!!!

Vermontcat
03-26-2004, 03:12 PM
Cookiebaker, he is so cute!
I love beagles, I hope you can keep him.:)
What do your other pets think of him?

Cookiebaker
03-26-2004, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
Cookiebaker, he is so cute!
I love beagles, I hope you can keep him.:)
What do your other pets think of him?

Thanks! He's such a cutie patooty. Right now he's sniffing the rug around me, as if he's on a trail!! No messes in the house, no problems. He's so well behaved.

He IS a tiny wee bit aggressive towards Willow. He like s to run up to his cage and BARK. Marigoldy is none too happy about the intruder and has taken to hiding until he is safely in his kennel or out of the house. And he has already established that he is alpha over Malone. Poor Malone. :( He was innocently chewing on his bone, and Mr. B. came and scared him away. It WAS a bit funny seeing Malone skitter away from this pup half his size.

We have an appointment for 11 a.m. tomorrow to get him bathed at the groomers. Hopefully he will smell a bit nicer then.

I'll post some more pictures tomorrow.

Cookiebaker
03-26-2004, 05:22 PM
It looks like the name "Biggeley", "Bigs" for short has stuck. :p I dunno, it just seems to fit, ya know???

DJFyrewolf36
03-26-2004, 05:37 PM
Awww sooo cute!
I see he is comfortable enough to explore the counters ;)

QueenScoopalot
03-26-2004, 05:47 PM
AWWWW! Lucky little guy. Hope for your other pups sake that he doesn't have mange or ringworm. People dump (or the term I detest...GET RID OF) pets all the time when they become an inconvenience. Good for you for saving him! :) ;) :)

K9soul
03-26-2004, 05:53 PM
Oh what a total cutie! You know, no matter how old beagles get, they always keep that puppy look. No one could resist those eyes!

rizzy
03-26-2004, 06:11 PM
How many days has it been now? Looks like we have a new addition to PT and an ADORABLE one too! Wow what a sweetheart! Good luck with him, and i dont think/ really hope no one calls. Way to go, what a lucky dog to end up with a person like you to! Sounds like he's really happy in your home!;) :D

lizbud
03-26-2004, 06:25 PM
Cookiebaker,

Looks like you found yourself a keeper.:) Mr. Bigs is a real
cutie.:D Has he seen the Vet yet? Maybe he could get something for the itching. I love Beagles too & love his colors. :)

delidog
03-26-2004, 06:36 PM
Welcome Mr. Biggs!!!!!!!
Can't wait till after grooming pics....Maybe they'll have a Non Allergenic shampoo that they can use!!!

Good Luck Tomorrow...
Thank Malone for His Patience....Things will quiet down Soon...After everybody gets used to each other!!!!!;) :) :D

Pam
03-26-2004, 07:04 PM
Oh Anna how sweet! He is adorable. I am hoping that Malone, Marigold and Willow will enjoy him more in the days to come. What a double blessing that he seems to be housebroken! :) One of my neighbors found a white german shepherd hanging around her house one day. She put up signs, etc. but no one claimed him. She named him Drifter! :) Mr. Beagley sounds perfect. Welcome to Pet Talk Mr. Biggs! ;)

Cookiebaker
03-26-2004, 07:28 PM
Couple more pictures....

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/biggs1.JPG

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/biggs2.JPG

For the FIRST time, he has settled down outside of his kennel. I think this is a BIG improvement!!! Last evening, he ran in a frenzy around in circles. Tonight he was walking, and hardly panting. But then, he curled up with a bone, and layed down.

Malone is being SO patient. What a good boy he is! I am so proud of him. He's giving Biggs his space and trying very hard not to provoke him.

Liz, I will be making a vet appointment on Monday. Mark thought it best if we wait a couple of days to make sure he isn't claimed.

CamCamPup33
03-26-2004, 07:39 PM
AWW! Bigs is sooooo cuteeee! I can't believe i didn't come and see this! ACK!

What a cutie..

That was well worth the wait ;)

slleipnir
03-26-2004, 08:00 PM
Aww, Biggs is so cute :)

guster girl
03-26-2004, 08:46 PM
He's really cute. I love the name Biggs. :)

Cincy'sMom
03-27-2004, 12:06 AM
What a cutie!!! I hope that you guys are able to keep him..it soundslike he is fitting in pretty well :)

Cookiebaker
03-27-2004, 09:49 AM
Guess it wasn't meant to be, after all. We found out who the owners are. I'm glad for their sakes, and I'm happy for Biggs' sake; but disappointed that it wasn't meant to be. :(:(:(

mugsy
03-27-2004, 10:04 AM
I'm sorry....was Biggs happy to see the owners? Were they really happy? If not, you should give them your number and tell them that if they decide they don't want him that you'll take him. How long had he been gone?

lovemyshiba
03-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Awww:(

I hope his owners take good care of him.

Yours will come along.

aly
03-27-2004, 11:28 AM
Anna - I'm so sorry :( Hopefully the owners will treat him well and he won't' get lost again.

I do think this experience was a sign that you guys are ready for another doggie though :)

Cookiebaker
03-27-2004, 01:24 PM
So Mr. Biggs is back home now. His owner is an elderly farmer, and it is actually at the farm where we buy hay for Willow. They were very glad to see each other. His real name is Billy, which is probably explains why he responded to "Biggs" so quickly because they sound very much alike.

OK. Here's the exciting part. This is soo weird!! :eek: And it's so complicated, I hope I can explain how it has all come about.

Remember how I said that we had a grooming appointment for him today? Well I called up to cancel it, and in the conversation Evelyn (our trainer) told me about a chocolate labbie that they have for adoption. He was found two weeks ago, and nobody has claimed him. We went to check him out, but I really don't think it would work out. He is dog aggressive (spec. male dogs), huge, and totally not trained. He's about 135 pounds and out of control. So if he and Malone ever got into a fight or something, I'm afraid it would be disastrous. Both Mark & I agreed that it just wouldn't work. :(

Evelyn saw how disappointed we were, and told us about ANOTHER dog that she has. It's an 8 month old black labbie boy, who is very shy & submissive, and needs some socialization. She said that she was going to try and show him, but that wasn't going to work because he is too submissive. :mad: :mad: :mad: (DON'T GET ME STARTED!!!) The good news is that she said we could have him if we paid to have him neutered!

We are going to check him out in 45 minutes. I'm trying to not get too excited about it, but to think realistically about it. So please pray that we will make the right decision, and that everything will work out the way it is supposed to!!!

CamCamPup33
03-27-2004, 01:45 PM
Oh, im sorry about biggs! :(

But im very happy for you about the choc. lab! *Crosses Fingers*

ChrisH
03-27-2004, 02:05 PM
Just catching up to this thread and Biggs has been claimed! Sounds as if it is a happy ending for him and his owner though. :D

Good luck with the black labbie! Fingers crossed it works out.:)

aly
03-27-2004, 02:34 PM
Anna! I have a special feeling about the black labbie! I think this may be your dog. I am at the edge of my seat with anticipation! PLEASE tell us as soon as you know anything! You deserve to have a second dog who needs you as much as you need him. You guys are great parents and Malone will be a great big brother! I hope it works out for you guys!

Cookiebaker
03-27-2004, 04:03 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! PUPPPPPPY!!!!

We went to see about this black labbie, and IMMEDIATELY we knew this was the right thing!! She gave him to us for FREE just so that he would have a good home. Her only request is that after we decide that this is going to work for us long term, that we have him neutered (which is an "of course!!") He is quite shy and timid. It takes him about 3 minutes to get used to a new concept (as in getting in the car, getting out, up the front stairs, up the back stairs, in a new room etc.)

He is soooo loveable!! He is calm and just wants to be petted.

AAACK! I'm in love!!

I will be posting pictures as soon as I take some.

We have named him Emerson.

Welcome home, Emmers, Black labbie boy.

aly
03-27-2004, 04:06 PM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME TO PET TALK, EMERSON!!!

YAAAAAAAY!

Cookiebaker
03-27-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by aly
Anna! I have a special feeling about the black labbie! I think this may be your dog. I am at the edge of my seat with anticipation! PLEASE tell us as soon as you know anything! You deserve to have a second dog who needs you as much as you need him. You guys are great parents and Malone will be a great big brother! I hope it works out for you guys!

Thank you, Aly You have no idea how much this means to me. :o :) :smiley with happy tear in his eye: :D

aly
03-27-2004, 04:11 PM
I'm crying like a baby! I am so happy for you all!

I know your love will turn Emerson around and make him the socialized, happy boy that Malone is. Their names go so well together. I bet they look wonderful together too. Have they met yet? What about Marigold and Willow?

Get your hiney off the computer and take some pictures for us!

Bless sweet Billy for helping fate and uniting Anna and Mark with their perfect match, Emerson.

guster girl
03-27-2004, 04:16 PM
Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures! :)

leslie flenner
03-27-2004, 04:21 PM
So did you ever find out how long mr. biggs was running around and how he got to the place he was in the 1st place? How far was he from home? You sound like you are ok with giving him back to the owner so I assume all was a freaky incident and mr. biggs will never get loose like that again?!
Looking forward to black lab photos- hope the dog-aggesive lab finds himself a home!

K9soul
03-27-2004, 04:50 PM
Wow, what a story this has turned out to be. I'm so happy for you!! I bet Emerson and Malone will be the best buds ever. I can't wait to see pictures. Hurry hurry!!

lute
03-27-2004, 05:09 PM
congrats on the new doggie! can't wait to see pics!!!:D :D :D

ChrisH
03-27-2004, 05:21 PM
That's wonderful!! :) :) Congratulations!!!:) :)

Vermontcat
03-27-2004, 05:26 PM
I'm so happy for you!:)
I think it's funny that you found a lost beagle and ended up adopting a labbie brother for Malone.
I can't wait to see photos!
I hope Emerson gets along well with Malone, Marigold and Willow.
(Won't Sasvermont be surprised that you brought home a new pet today before she did!);)

Dogz
03-27-2004, 05:40 PM
W:eek:W, Anna! I just saw this thread! Welcome to Pet Talk, Emerson!:) I am glad to see another labbie in the family! Now you have have a black labbie, I have a black labbie, you have a yellow labbie, and I have a yellow labbie!:p

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to see the pictures!

*hugs to your whole family*

:)

Cookiebaker
03-27-2004, 08:12 PM
OK, I got a couple of pictures that came out good. Because he is so dark I had to use the flash, so I will take some more in the daytime so I don't have to use the flash (I don't like to unless absolutely necessary).

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/emmer1.JPG

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/emmer2.JPG

http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/emmer3.JPG

How could ANYONE refuse that gorgeous face????????? I can't believe that this is REAL!!! He's really ours!!

:D I'm in doggy heaven!!

jazzcat
03-27-2004, 08:18 PM
OMG he is ADORABLE!!!!!!:D

This is a great story. I'm so happy this roller coaster ride has ended on a real high!!

Welcome to PT Emerson - you cutie!!

Cookiebaker
03-27-2004, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by leslie flenner
So did you ever find out how long mr. biggs was running around and how he got to the place he was in the 1st place? How far was he from home? You sound like you are ok with giving him back to the owner so I assume all was a freaky incident and mr. biggs will never get loose like that again?!
Looking forward to black lab photos- hope the dog-aggesive lab finds himself a home!

Mr. Biggs escaped the same morning that we found him. Also, the farm is about a mile from us, but on a very busy street - 50 miles per hour :eek: I cringe to think what might have happened.

And Yes, I am so hoping and praying that choco labbie will find himself a wonderful home where he can settle in. :(

apcrs5122
03-27-2004, 08:37 PM
I just now got to this thread!!! Sorry Biggs didn't work out, but I'm sooooooooo happy for you about Emmerson!!!!:D :D He is so adorably cute;) Congratulations!!!!:D

Uabassoon
03-27-2004, 08:52 PM
OMG he is too cute for words! Congrats!

Kater
03-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Awwwww, puppy breath! He is adorable!!!! What an amazing twist of fate this whole thing has been!

Emerson, welcome to your new home!!! Prepare to be VERY SPOILED! :D

CONGRATULATIONS, ANNA!

dukedogsmom
03-27-2004, 09:00 PM
I have missed this whole story but I'll try to read it while at work tomorrow. Looks like you've got an adorable addition!

wolf_Q
03-27-2004, 09:22 PM
Oh my goodness, this face just totally melted my heart!!!!
http://www2.innevi.com/~emenay/emmer1.JPG
CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm so happy for you!! He is SO CUTE!! I hope he and Malone get along, can't wait for pics of them together! :D

delidog
03-27-2004, 09:50 PM
So I just got home from work,I went straight to Pet Talk to See How Mr.Biggs was doing...I went straight to Last Page...think of my surprise when I saw this Beautiful Black Labby Photo!!! (Thats' Some Grooming Job,Mr.Biggs!!!)
So I had to go back and Reread the whole thing!!!!!!
Congratulations on Rescuing and Caring for Mr.Biggs...And Now Look at what The Big Dog Upstairs Rewarded you with....Emerson!!!!!!
He is Stunning...Look at that Coat!!!!!!

I am Glad that Alls' Well That Ends Well!!!!

Hugs & Treats!!!

4 Dog Mother
03-27-2004, 09:52 PM
What a great ending to your story! Although it is really just a beginning. Emerson is really cute! I am so jealous but just keep remembering five dogs is enough, five dogs is enough, five dogs with one person taking care of them is enough, five dogs with their daddy in Florida is enough.......

Rottieluver45
03-27-2004, 10:02 PM
OMG!! how cute!?! Look at that face! Doesn`t it make you a little happy that biggs` owner came to get him? Emerson is so cute!

lovemyshiba
03-27-2004, 10:13 PM
OMG!!!
Little Emmers is adorable!!!!!!
What a sweet face he has!!!!
I hope he and Malone get along well--I bet Malone will be such a great big brother!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to Pet Talk Emerson!!!!!!!

Congratulations!!
:D :D :D :D :D

NoahsMommy
03-27-2004, 11:27 PM
Congratulations on your new addition! Emerson is adorable!! :D

slleipnir
03-27-2004, 11:28 PM
OMG!!! He's soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cutte!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!

Cincy'sMom
03-28-2004, 05:46 AM
What a great ending!! Billy found his home and so did Emerson!! Congrats on the new addition....you labbie boy is stunning!!!

Holly's mom
03-28-2004, 07:30 AM
Congrats on your new addition! He is sooooooooooo adorable!

KYS
03-28-2004, 07:37 AM
A big CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! :)

Pam
03-28-2004, 07:38 AM
Wow! What a turn this thread took, but I couldn't be happier for your! Emerson is absolutely precious!! Thank you for posting pictures so quickly. You know Pet Talkers have very little patience when it comes to waiting for pictures! :D :D I can't wait to hear all about what Malone, Marigold and Willow think of their new brother! ;) You know it is just amazing how these things sometimes just fall into place. If you hadn't found Biggs you would have never found Emerson. I think back to my own situation where if I hadn't ridden along with Robyn to the shelter that day to turn in Dandy's "proof of spaying" I would have never found Ripley. Truly there is a "happily ever after ending" to both of our stories. I am so happy for you!! More pictures and stories please. :)

sasvermont
03-28-2004, 07:50 AM
Anna and Mark. I am so happy for you two and for Emmers!

I can certainly see that your stars are aligned!

Such wonderful puppy photos. Surely hope Malone enjoys Emmers company as much as you two do!

Great addition, for sure!!!

:D :D :D

ChrisH
03-28-2004, 09:26 AM
Oh, Anna! :) He is just so gorgeous! :) :) Congratulations again!!:D :D

Chris

ChiRen
03-28-2004, 09:44 AM
He's so adorable!! Congrats!
And you know what this means...TONS of pics! :p

K9soul
03-28-2004, 09:52 AM
*melt* at that face! OMG who could resist that! Welcome Emerson, I just can't wait to see more pictures of you, and of you with your big brother! :D

delidog
03-28-2004, 09:55 AM
So Anna,
Have you thought of adding a Spot or Two to that Beautiful Black Labbie Coat??????;) :) :D

Emerson,You Look Mahvelous!!!!!!!
Hugs to Malone too...for being such a good big brother!!!

RubyMutt
03-28-2004, 10:20 AM
CONGRATS!! :D Emerson is adorable :) I'm so happy for you :D

Vermontcat
03-28-2004, 02:30 PM
Emerson is so cute!:D
I can't wait to see more photos of him and some with his big brother Malone too!:)
Congratulations on the new addition to your family!:)

Cookiebaker
03-28-2004, 02:43 PM
Thank you so much! :D

We are just headed out on a W-A-L-K now, and I am taking my camera with me. ;)

We made lots of PROGRESS today. We had some freinds over for lunch. Lots of opportunity for socialization. He did awesome -- no cowering or hiding! Yay, Emmers! He got quite active and excited, too, acting much more like a puppy. :)

One bad thing is that because he was crate trained, he will NOT pee. :( He has only peed twice since we brought him home yesterday, and I'm getting a little concerned. I don't think it's very healthy to only pee twice in 24 hours. But I will monitor him closely and I will mention it to the vet next week.

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-28-2004, 02:47 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk, Emerson!!!!

Gee, that was a great story to follow - suspense, drama - hey, you should write a book!

Sevens
03-28-2004, 06:47 PM
What a story! I am so glad it had such a happy ending.

Congratulations on your new addition. He is absolutely gorgeous!:) I just know that the whole socialization/shyness thing will work itself out with such loving owners as you and your husband. Good luck!:D

wolfie
03-28-2004, 07:54 PM
Oh, he's so cute! Congrats on your new addition! :D

veegan
03-28-2004, 08:29 PM
oh my goodness!! just found the link to this thread from the one in dog general. what an amazing story!!!! I am so happy for you, Emerson is SO ADORABLE! I am sure you guys will have no problems turning him around and helping him feel comfortable letting his true personality show through. All he needs is a little love and guidance and his confidence will boost right up! I cant wait for more pics!!!

Desert Arabian
03-28-2004, 09:56 PM
Congrats Anna! Hey, you wouldn't mind if I moved in with you would you? I won't be too much trouble! PLEASE!? Or at least come to Wisconsin and help me get a Labbie!?!?

Emerson, you are labdorable! :D

shais_mom
03-28-2004, 11:02 PM
I am sooooo happy for some happy news today!!!!
Congratulations!!!
He is gorgeous!

ramanth
03-29-2004, 07:57 AM
Oh Anna and Mark, congratulations!!! :D Emerson is so beautiful. How does Malone like him? And Marigold?

I'm happy Biggs home was found too. :)

Kona & Oreo's mom
03-29-2004, 09:47 AM
Wow! I saw the other post about Emerson first, so I had to find this one to read his story. Congratulations, gorgeous Labbie boy, on finding a fantastic forever home! :D

Logan
03-29-2004, 10:46 AM
Oh, Anna, I could not be happier for you!!!!! :D :D :D

MammaMangorin
03-29-2004, 12:35 PM
Check with the police or someting if the dog is chip/id....

bluekat
03-29-2004, 05:14 PM
Omg....I'm so happy for you!!!:D Congrats on the new addition! I just read the whole thread right now:p At first I was thinking "a beagle? but emerson's a labbie" lol...because I just saw the pics in dog general first;)

He is so cute!:D and he's also beautiful too!:D

Cookiebaker
03-29-2004, 05:15 PM
Thank you again!! :D

popcornbird
03-29-2004, 09:10 PM
OMG! I totally missed this!!! What great news! :D Congratulations!

Aspen and Misty
03-29-2004, 09:37 PM
Is that Breezy I see???? :D

TOOO CUTE! I just LOVE him!! We need more pictures though! I hate taking pics of black dogs (Breeze) they always turn out shinny or you can't tell where there tail or head is. LOL.

Adorably cute pictures though!

Ash

lynnestankard
04-06-2004, 06:38 AM
Sorry I'm late back Anna - but what a wonderful twist of fate! WOW!

So BIG WELCOME to beautiful Emmerson to our Pet Talk family. I just adore those pics. and wish you all a long and happy life together.

Lynne

anna_66
04-09-2004, 07:35 AM
Guess I'm kinda late here, but I'm so glad that you were able to keep him!!! He's such a cutie pie, and those pictures of him just melted my heart.
Congrats Emerson on your new forever home!!!!