PDA

View Full Version : TX Meeting - Plans Finalized!

aly
03-22-2004, 01:57 PM
Yay! We have plans!

We will be meeting at Cedar Hill State Park on May 1st. Since a couple people are doing the trip in one day, we can aim for meeting at 11am. I know it will be an early start for us Austinites, but at least then we can leave Dallas at a decent hour and get back home before it is too dark.

We can use this thread to decide who is bringing what (in the way of food). I've got the dog bowls, water, and treats covered :) I'll also bring some toys in case they want to play. I'll have to bring PJ another squeaky :D

The definates attending are:
Aly
Micki
guster girl
Rottieluver
PJ's mom

The maybes are:
molucass
DakotasMommy
Angie (auggie)

guster girl
03-22-2004, 02:18 PM
YAY! I'm excited! I'll be sure to bring everything Finn and I need to stay fed, hydrated, and, entertained. :) A blanket is a good idea, though, to sit on. And, don't forget clean-up materials. :)

My 18-year-old niece may come as well. Hope that's alright!

Rottieluver45
03-22-2004, 04:43 PM
We can bring a couple blankets, water, some treats(that stuff if needed) and maybe some food.

Aly,
PJ still loves the hedgehog you gave him! :D 11 am sounds like a good time!

I`m so excited to see eveyone again and meet some new people! :D YAY!!

micki76
03-22-2004, 06:49 PM
Depending on how fast you drive, y'all should be able to make the drive easily in about 2.5 hours. It's far south of Dallas, so that shaves some drive time off. It'll take me a little over hour and it should only take Kari about 45 minutes. :)

I'll try to ge there early and secure a nice spot for us. :) Might even go down there one weekend before hand to scope out the park and see where the best spots are! :D

On the day of the meeting, I can give everyone my cell # and once you get there, I can meet you at the front gates. :)

Does everyone like burgers? Would y'all prefer something else?

Rottieluver45
03-22-2004, 07:34 PM
Sometimes I like burgers. I love McDonald bugers! :D

aly
03-22-2004, 07:36 PM
Burgers work for me, but will that be too hard for you to bring? I can bring chips, napkins, plates, etc.

I still have your cell # in my phone so I'll be in touch with you on that day, if not sooner :)

micki76
03-22-2004, 07:47 PM
I was thinking I could bring a large cooler and make burgers on the grill? Or would sanwiches be better? Maybe sandwiches in case we can't get a picnic area with a grill. That would make me mad to have ground beef and no grill. :mad:

What types of sandwiches does everyone like? Turkey & cheese? Ham & Cheese? Anything anyone won't eat sanwich wise?

LOL, Aly I already have plates, cups, etc. I have a pantry full of that stuff. :)

aly
03-22-2004, 07:54 PM
Ewwwwww - I'm not eating raw burgers :D :D

I think sandwiches will be a safe plan. I might also get a mini-cooler so I can bring stuff. Hmm, maybe chips and some kind of ranch dip? I might also swing by Central Market and bring some of their YUMMMMMMMMMMY salami. I could also bring their fresh juices - they are SO GOOD.

Rottieluver45
03-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Aly,
how could you not LOVE raw burgers! Ya know I bet micki makes the best raw burgers ever!!

Micki, I think sandwiches are great! I`ll probably eat whatever you bring! (except salomi(sp?) and roast beef(yuck!) :D

guster girl
03-22-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm sortof a healthy eater, so, I'll bring the fruit and veggies. :)

molucass
03-22-2004, 08:54 PM
Aly, Austin is about 4 hours, 30 minutes from here, so thats still a bit far.. :(

I really really wish I could come, but I guess I can't...

I hope all of you have fun!

micki76
03-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Don't forget the CAMERAS!! :D

Is this in Dallas?

I wonder if Michelle still wants to go on a road trip, we never really decided IF and WHERE we would go...

Don't count on it though.

Now Amy, it's not nice to tease! Aly, think we could talk her into it? OMG! Could you imagine the fun? I wish you & Nebo really could come, Amy.

Everybody - bring your laptops! :D :p :D

(lol, inside joke) ;)

aly
03-22-2004, 10:51 PM
But AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmy - everything's better in Texas! Micki and I will show you some southern hospitality. C'mon! What's in California besides steers and ...... oh wait, thats here!

micki76
03-22-2004, 10:57 PM
LOL, yeah and I can show you some real Texas Longhorn.

Oowee. That should do it for sure. :rolleyes: Boy do I know how to entice a visitor? :eek:

popcornbird
03-22-2004, 11:09 PM
Pssst...............everyone........be sure to take LOTS of pics of Micki! :D

:p:p

micki76
03-22-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Pssst...............everyone........be sure to take LOTS of pics of Micki! :D

:p:p

Nah, they value their cameras too much! :D

Anybody got a wide angle lens? LOL :p

aly
03-22-2004, 11:15 PM
Oh puuuuuhlease! The pretty woman with the cute accent is camera shy????

Trust me PCB, all the pics will be of Micki ... and none of me!

popcornbird
03-22-2004, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by micki76
Nah, they value their cameras too much! :D

Of course they do! And its *good* for the cameras to take Micki pics.........so....................

:D :p

Everyone.............take TONS of Aly pics TOO!!!!!

micki76
03-22-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by aly
Oh puuuuuhlease! The pretty woman with the cute accent is camera shy????

Trust me PCB, all the pics will be of Micki ... and none of me!

Hey, if you point yours at me, be prepared for the backlash. ;)

guster girl
03-23-2004, 01:22 AM
We will be bringing the digital camera for sure, and, maybe even my 35mm manual camera. I used to use it all the time, and, got really adept with it. But, it's been awhile. It's just so nice seeing the photo before waiting for it to be developed. :) We'll take lots of photos! Check out my kitten's photos in Cat General. :)

Rottieluver45
03-24-2004, 05:01 PM
So...anything new?

Rottieluver45
03-24-2004, 06:22 PM
I talked to Michele today.....she wants go go! :D

We both put in for the time off. We'll probably leave the Thurs before and drive home on Monday. I'm sure we'll stay somewhere in between, but that hasn't been decided yet.

so does that mean you`re coming?:)

Rottieluver45
03-24-2004, 06:28 PM
Yay! :)

aly
03-24-2004, 08:08 PM
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT????????????? YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!

I hope you get to come Amy!!!!!

micki76
03-24-2004, 08:32 PM
I talked to Michele today.....she wants go go! :D

We both put in for the time off. We'll probably leave the Thurs before and drive home on Monday. I'm sure we'll stay somewhere in between, but that hasn't been decided yet.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Are you serious????? :D Michael is hoping and praying you're bringing Nebo, LOL.:)

Oh this is too exciting!!!!!! :eek: :D :eek:

You can tell how excited I am by the over use of smilies and exclamation points lol. I'm such a dork!

guster girl
03-24-2004, 08:47 PM
I don't even know you guys, and, I'm all kinds of excited! :) Color me happy! :) And, Lock is purring in my lap. Life is good.

Cincy'sMom
03-24-2004, 10:31 PM
I haven't talked to my sister since plans were finalized, but she is interested. I'm sure she will know better once it gets closer and Brian (hopefully) is home.

Sounds like you guys are going to have quite the crowd! Have fun!!!

tikeyas_mom
03-24-2004, 11:15 PM
AH, I want to come.. hee hee.. much to far for me though.... *crys and faints from loosing so much tears*:( :( :( :( :(

countrycowgirl
03-25-2004, 12:49 PM
aww..... I SO WANED TO COME:( BUT DALLAS IS ABOUT 4 HOURS AWAY FROM ME AND MY DAD HAS A DOCTORS APOINTMENT THE 1ST.......I REALLY WANTED TO MEET MICKI AND ALL OF YA'LL:( :( .... WELL YA'LL HAVE FUN WITHOUT ME :D

guster girl
03-31-2004, 01:03 PM
Just wanted to say again how excited I am about the meeting in May! :) Can't wait to find out exactly where in the park we're meeting. It's at 11, right?

lovemyshiba
04-02-2004, 12:14 PM
I'm jealous---sounds like everyone is going to have a blast!!!!

Don't forget the cameras!!!!!

Dakota's Mommy
04-03-2004, 10:40 AM
Hey everybody! Yes, I'm definately hoping to make it to this one. Brian should be home this week so I will talk to him about it and hopefully we'll get to come. Of course, if we do, it will surely be him, Jasmine, and I. We'd definately bring Dakota and maybe Sierra but Destiny gets too fiesty with other dogs, especially while leashed, so I don't think we'd even tempt bringing her. But like I said, Dakota is a sure in if we get to come like I'm hoping! I'll try to keep popping on between now and then as long as the internet lets me stay on long enough to do so, so please remember to keep me updated! I've got one of Aly's numbers (not sure if it's home or cell though) and would need who's ever cell phone people are using to find each other once arriving at the park! Again, I'm not promising anything, but really hoping it will work out for us to be there!

guster girl
04-03-2004, 11:06 AM
Actually, the cell phone thing is a question I had.... are we all just private messaging our cell #s to one person? And, then maybe a list could be compiled or something.....I'd be willing to do it if anyone wants me to. :)

Cincy'sMom
04-03-2004, 01:06 PM
And we can't rent a car because we're not old enough (don't you have to be 21+?). So I hope everything is OK with her car! *crosses fingers*

I'm not sure if there i s a minimum ago you have to be to rent a car, but they charge to a ton extra if you are not 25. We ran into that problem on spring break my senior year of college and only got around the extra charges because Ralph worked out with the company he was working for to put in on his corporate card and pay if off himself.

aly
04-04-2004, 01:53 AM
Hehe I'm 25 years old and my mom watches over me like a hawk too :rolleyes:

The park is large, but I am sure we will have no problems finding each other ... especially since we all have cell phones.

Compiling a list of numbers is a good idea.

aly
04-04-2004, 05:20 PM

I bought a big Atlas today. I discovered a "Cisco, TX" that appears to be on the way. I hope there's a sign we can take a pic of Cisco in front of! lol. I'm such a dork!

Nuh uh! I'd totally do something like that too!! That means you're cool like me.

(or a dork like me)

guster girl
04-05-2004, 06:17 PM
Seriously, though, I'll be responsible for the phone list. Or if there's going to be a person to get there first and stake out a spot to meet at, then we can all just give our #s to them. I'm excited, can you tell? :)

aly
04-05-2004, 10:16 PM
Amy :( :( :(

I am SO sad! I really wanted to meet you and Nebo :(

I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed that somehow it can still work out though.

Keep us updated.

Nomilynn
04-07-2004, 07:27 PM
Yes, you ALL should come to Utah :p

guster girl
04-14-2004, 10:59 AM
We are getting close to the date of the meeting. Has anyone got any ideas on where we are meeting at the park? Should we all just meet at the parking lot/entrance? I've never been there before, so, I don't know how it's layed out. Just wanted to give this thread a bump...

aly
04-14-2004, 11:26 AM
Let me see if I have time to drive up there this weekend. I can see how easy it is to find and get around. They most likely give you a map when you enter. Since so many of us are coming from far away, we'll probably all not get there at exactly 11:00. Maybe we can pick one of the beaches to meet at.

Here's the map of the park:

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/cedarhil/cdhlfac.pdf

guster girl
04-17-2004, 07:15 PM
Any more of an idea where we're meeting in the park? And, how long is everyone planning on staying? I'm staying all day if Finn and I don't pass out... :) I'll bring blankets so we can nap...

Rottieluver45
04-18-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by guster girl
Any more of an idea where we're meeting in the park? And, how long is everyone planning on staying? I'm staying all day if Finn and I don't pass out... :) I'll bring blankets so we can nap...

awwww!

We might stay for a while dunno how long- we have to make that long 3 hour trip back.

aly
04-19-2004, 01:42 AM
Lets all meet somewhere near the park entrance at 11am and if anyone is running late, they can just call someone so we'll know not to wait. Then we can seek out one of the beaches together and call the people who are running late to let them know where we are.

I can stay most of the day too. My bf will be with me so we can share driving on the way back if we get tired.

guster girl
04-19-2004, 11:16 AM
Cool! I'm way excited! I'm not sure who is going to be with me, but, I'm hoping at least one person! :) BUt, Finn and me will be there at 11, no matter what! I can't wait.....

aly
04-19-2004, 05:05 PM
I'm going to call micki this weekend if she hasn't checked into PT by then. I want to make sure she's still going!!

Anyone have any requests of food items you want me to bring? I don't mind bringing a lot. I'm probably going to buy a cooler this weekend.

guster girl
04-19-2004, 10:05 PM
I'm just bringing fruits and veggies and water. :) And a few sandwiches. Are we supposed to be bringing group items? I'm financially strapped, so, I need to know in advance to save up if I need to. :)

aly
04-20-2004, 01:21 AM
Don't worry about it if you can't bring any group items. I'm sure the rest of us can get it covered :)

micki76
04-20-2004, 07:43 PM
No, I won't be at the meeting. I will no longer be posting on PT either.

cloverfdx
04-21-2004, 10:47 AM
Micki :eek: i hope everything is alright (Does not seem to be) and that you check in soon. :(

Takecare.

aly
04-22-2004, 05:18 PM
I guess since this is a small group, we can just bring our own individual food. Unless of course someone has a request - I really wouldn't mind bringing people stuff! I will stop by the Groovy Dog Bakery before I leave and bring some special treats for the doggies.

I wonder if Christy (Dakota's Mommy) is coming. Or Auggie? I'll PM them later!

guster girl
04-23-2004, 11:26 AM
so, who is still going? We are for sure meeting at 11 am at the entrance of the park on Saturday, correct?

aly
04-23-2004, 05:21 PM
I'm going for sure! I'll be at the entrance at 11am.

Hope everyone else is still coming!

cloverfdx
04-27-2004, 10:28 AM
So how did it go? :D Lots of Photo's i hope. ;)

guster girl
04-27-2004, 11:42 AM
It's this Saturday, May 1. :) I'm still going. I'm trying to get one other person to come with us, because i'm not sure if my boyfriend is going to be able to make it. But, Finn and I will be there, for sure!

Dakota's Mommy
04-28-2004, 05:27 PM
Hey everybody! Yep, we're still hoping to come. So far, we do plan on it, but with Jasmine we can't be 100% positive we'll be there. As long as things go good, we will be there though. Right now, I'm actually just on to try to find the directions and all of that fun stuff to be able to plan out more of our details. I'll also need other people's cell phone so we can call if we are coming but don't make it to the gates by 11 am to meet up with everybody! Can wait to meet everybody though!

aly
04-28-2004, 05:40 PM
YAAAAAAAY! So glad you guys are probably coming.

I have everyone's cell phone #'s except guster girl's now. I am leaving Austin around 8 so I should definately be there at 11am. So if you guys want to call me during the morning or at 11, thats cool - I will be there! Guster - I'll PM you my # also if I haven't already.

Did you see these directions on the site?

Directions: Cedar Hill is located 10 miles southwest of Dallas, 4 miles southeast of Grand Prairie, and 3 miles west of Cedar Hill and is accessible via FM 1382. From US Highway 67 exit FM 1382, 2 1/2 miles north on the left. From Interstate 20 exit FM 1382, 4 miles south on the right (on the Joe Pool Reservoir). The park is skirted by FM 1382 and Mansfield Road.

And here's the link if anyone wants more info:
http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/park/cedarhil/

There is a map of the location on the site and also a map of the park itself.

I am excited!

So the dogs attending are:

Finn
PJ
Bailey
Dakota
Sierra
Reece
Lolly

Is that right?

Dakota's Mommy
04-28-2004, 06:03 PM
I think we're only bringing Dakota because Dakota, Sierra, and Jasmine would be a bit much to handle and Dakota is the shoe in for getting to come. At least this time! If we get to come to another one before we leave Texas, which shouldn't be for close to another year, maybe Sierra will get to come to that one! Anyways, that's probably the pup we'll be bringing to this meeting!

guster girl
04-28-2004, 08:31 PM
I'm getting really excited! Finn actually got to go into Lewisville Lake today. It wasn't really planned, but, I stopped by Sneaky Pete's (a marina and bar) with my brother and had him with me. So, I let him check it out. OMG. He LOVED it. I've never seen an animal so excited! I only had his six foot leash, though, and, didn't want to drop it, so, he didn't go far. Not enough to actually swim. But, he did go under water! He was blowing bubbles out of his nose, it was funny. He rolled around in it and my brother was throwing sticks for him to retrieve, which he did, of course. He's a natural! Hope it's nice Saturday! And, I don't have a working number right now, but, I'm hoping to have someone come with me. But, if someone can give me a contact number of someone who is for sure going to be there, I'll be sure to call! :)

aly
04-29-2004, 05:16 PM
Guys - There's an 80% chance of rain for Saturday - NOOOOO!!!

ACK!

What do you all think we should do? Postpone or show up anyway? I don't know if there are any indoor alternatives we could do nearby.

I'm going to be sooo upset if we get rained out :( I was so excited to meet you guys (and see those of you I've already met again) and to have my dogs meet your dogs!

One option would be to move it to Sunday because that is supposed to be clearer. But I am flexible so you guys can make the decision.

guster girl
04-29-2004, 09:37 PM
I'm fine with Sunday, but, I'm also ok with chillin' in the rain! :) Either way, though, I'm going to head up there Saturday. And, turn around and go back Sunday, too, if that's what is decided.

Rottieluver45
04-29-2004, 09:57 PM
Uhhhh...Bad news! We can`t make it. We`ve decided that since it`s too long of a drive and it might rain we`re staying here, and wait for the next meeting to come around. (during summer? No school!:D)

Sorry to tell you guys 2 days b/4 the meeting. :(

Have fun and take lots of pictures!

guster girl
04-29-2004, 10:11 PM
Hey, the road trip is half the fun, even if it does rain! :) But, understandable. Sorry you'll miss it.... :(

aly
04-30-2004, 04:44 PM
Lolly is gonna freak if she has to be in the car while its raining, so I'm still deciding on if it might be better to leave her with my mom for the day. I will show up with Reece and my bf though if you guys are still going :)

aly
04-30-2004, 06:53 PM
I just heard a tornado was supposed to hit Dallas.

Gonna watch the weather channel and update again soon.

This is terrible!

guster girl
04-30-2004, 07:00 PM
I've not found anything that says it's going to rain tomorrow. There's a warning tonight, and, it's supposed to rain tonight, and, be in the high 60's tomorrow. I'm still going tomorrow. I'll be there at eleven, regardless! :)

aly
04-30-2004, 07:30 PM
The weather report for Dallas says that there will be severe thunder storms early in the day. Its just for one day though and Sunday is supposed to be clear. I'll keep checking to see if it changes.

guster girl
04-30-2004, 07:54 PM
Well, I'll go both days, if that's what is going to happen. I'm sure Finn won't mind wet grass! :) I read a couple of forecasts, it sounds like it should be done raining before noon. Hope I get to meet some folks! Who's going, now?

Dakota's Mommy
05-01-2004, 05:37 AM
As much as we really wanted to come, looking at the forcast, all they are calling for is severe thunderstorms. Since Dakota won't even go in our backyard if it's sprinkling, I don't think we'll make it to this one! Especially because Jasmine's just getting over her last cold and I don't need her to get any sicker with this nasty weather! Sorry! We really were hoping to come! If another one is scheduled some time after mid-June, hopefully we can make that one! Again, sorry for letting you all know so late!

guster girl
05-01-2004, 10:23 AM
If anyone else is still interested, we are going to meet tomorrow. I may still drive out there today, depending on how I feel. I could stay home and get a lot of stuff done, though! :) Maybe I'll do that....

aly
05-02-2004, 08:05 PM
YAY - we finally went and had a lot of fun! I hope next time more of you can make it. Finn is such a cute little pup. Reece was just in love with him :D ;) And Lolly actually went swimming for the first time - it was a RIOT! Finn was funny in the water too.

I'm going to upload my pictures and probably put them in dog general !

kari
05-03-2004, 01:18 AM
It's guster girl. It's not letting me log in though, so, I created a new account. I hope I don't get into trouble! I just wanted to say, that, I, too, had a fabulous time! I'm a little red on my face and on my left arm from driving! And, very tired! Finn has slept so much! YAY! He's snoring right now.....Thanks for coming up here, aly! Hope to meet everyone else soon.....I'll be posting my pics in the next few days.....

cloverfdx
05-03-2004, 07:21 AM
I am glad you all had a great day :D

I cannot wait for the pics.

aly
05-03-2004, 11:35 PM
I posted my pics in Dog General :)

http://207.44.135.130/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=48631

Freckles
05-04-2004, 11:06 AM
Sounds like it was just a two person - three dog meeting.
Which day did you meet, Saturday or Sunday?
Was weather an issue?

aly
05-04-2004, 12:21 PM
Yup - darn Texas weather. On Friday, it was around 80-85 degrees and sunny. Saturday, it dropped in the 60s and we had severe thunderstorms. Then on Sunday, it was maybe 75-80, sunny, and very nice out!

We ended up not going on Saturday because of the storms. Sunday turned out to be perfect weather so we met that day. Kari is a trooper though and was ready to be standing out at the park in the thunderstorms :D