PDA

View Full Version : You know you've spent too much time on PT when...



catnapper
03-10-2004, 05:02 PM
We ordered pizza tonight. I went to pick it up and the box had written PM on it. All I could think of was 'personal message' - not pepperoni mushroom :D :D

dukedogsmom
03-10-2004, 05:05 PM
That is so funny! That's probably what I would have thought, too.
This is a good place to hang out, though.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-10-2004, 05:15 PM
I do that at school, too! We get Parent Teacher conference things every so often, and they abbreviate it PT Conferences. I kept going, "Pet Talk?? OOOOH!! Parent TEACHER!"

jenluckenbach
03-10-2004, 06:22 PM
ROTFLOL

bluekat
03-10-2004, 06:26 PM
LOL...:D

I spend too much time on the computer, sometimes when I'm talking with my friends I feel like saying "LOL!":p and I'm on PT alot that whenever I'm writing something by hand, I always want to put one of those smileys in lol:p

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
03-10-2004, 06:26 PM
Hehe... I also find myself saying, "Oh, that's what Mario looks like!" And my mom's like, "Mario...??" LOL... *rolls eyes*

trayi52
03-10-2004, 06:31 PM
Oh I know that feeling too. I was telling my family about Tonya running into the monkey bars and knocking herself out, they laughed, but gave me a very strange look!

Megan I do the same thing, get the same eye rolls too!

Like Val said this is such a good place to spend your time.

Willie


Ummm, I wonder how Tonya's head is today??

RICHARD
03-10-2004, 06:56 PM
I hear a story that make me laugh.......

I think...."oh I have to post this in the Dog House..."

wolfsoul
03-10-2004, 06:59 PM
I do that too! Lol.

Somtimes I'll say "lol" outloud. :o And whenever I see a word that is in a PTer's name, I automatically think of them.

Nomilynn
03-11-2004, 02:40 AM
I do this ALL the time, especially when looking for jobs.. I'll see PT and think "Pet Talk job??? Oh, darn.. Part Time"

hehe... cute thread :)

Tweety_Pie
03-11-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
Hehe... I also find myself saying, "Oh, that's what Mario looks like!" And my mom's like, "Mario...??" LOL... *rolls eyes*


HAHAHA I DO THE SAME THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Randi
03-11-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by catnapper
.... and the box had written PM on it. All I could think of was 'personal message' :D :D
:D :D :D

gini
03-11-2004, 10:46 AM
Well, you can imagine what I thought when I first heard the name PT CRUISER............guess Karen and Paul got a new car for Miss Hoppy.

It also makes me think about my neighbors asking what Pet Talkers were when they saw my sign last year at the BBQ.

They walk their dogs on the other side of the street now.

popcornbird
03-11-2004, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by gini
Well, you can imagine what I thought when I first heard the name PT CRUISER............guess Karen and Paul got a new car for Miss Hoppy.



That is EXACTLY what I thought when I first saw the PT Cruiser. Pet Talk Cruiser? LOL!!!

When I read the news and see *PM* in headlines, as in *Prime Minister* I think of *Private Message* instead. :rolleyes:

catland
03-11-2004, 02:49 PM
I feel the disease when I'm writing an email at work and I don't have my nice little PT smilies.

I also feel the disease whenever I see a traffic cone.:D

GoldenRetrLuver
03-11-2004, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
I do that too! Lol.

Somtimes I'll say "lol" outloud. :o And whenever I see a word that is in a PTer's name, I automatically think of them.

LMAO! I do that sometimes too. :o

RedHedd
03-11-2004, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by catland
I feel the disease when I'm writing an email at work and I don't have my nice little PT smilies.

I also feel the disease whenever I see a traffic cone.:D
:D ditto! :D

catnapper
03-11-2004, 04:48 PM
I'm so glad to see that I'm not the only one out there with PT on the brain all of the time!

I was helping my son type a paper the other night and wanted to use a :eek: smily... but I don't think the english teacher would have appreciated it.

PT Cruiser... hee-hee-hee

green_chameleon_girl
03-11-2004, 08:05 PM
I do the traffic cone thing too!:D Like I will see a traffic cone outside, it will automatically remind me of PT and I will say OmG its so cute and my mom will look at me all weird hahah!!:D

Ally Cat's Mommy
03-12-2004, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by green_chameleon_girl
I do the traffic cone thing too!:D Like I will see a traffic cone outside, it will automatically remind me of PT and I will say OmG its so cute and my mom will look at me all weird hahah!!:D

I am so glad it's not just me!! I can't look at a traffic cone without feeling an urge to take it home, clean it up, and post photos on PT:rolleyes:

Corinna
03-13-2004, 03:55 AM
My daughter was here reading over my shoulder when the cone thing hit hard. She still gives me a bad time asking how the cones are doing? In fact when we were shoping for wolfchans gifts she looked hard for a small one to add,but couldn't find one.
This week hubby was reading over shoulder on a richard post on the thursday thing. He just shook his head and said who is that?
Debated on a couple of stories :D but just said oh thats richard our bartender. He didn't want any more explanation just left the room.

gini
03-13-2004, 10:52 AM
Sometimes it is better to not give much in the way of an explanation. I have tried explaining PT and I only get into trouble.

EssTer
03-13-2004, 10:56 AM
he he he, that's very funny:D

catnapper
03-13-2004, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Corinna
My daughter was here reading over my shoulder when the cone thing hit hard. She still gives me a bad time asking how the cones are doing? In fact when we were shoping for wolfchans gifts she looked hard for a small one to add,but couldn't find one.


Could you please show me which thread was the origin of all this cone madness? I must have started PT after the whole thing and couldn't find the thread on my own.

popcornbird
03-13-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by gini
Sometimes it is better to not give much in the way of an explanation. I have tried explaining PT and I only get into trouble.

Its not worth explaining. ;) I keep it to myself, and try to avoid telling anyone about PT and my addiction as much as possible! :p