PDA

View Full Version : Another one

slleipnir
03-05-2004, 11:09 AM
Josie had another seizure last night at like 2:20 am :( They're definitly getting worse..I'm going to go take to the vet and have her give me meds or I'll go somewhere else..Josie had atleast 5 seizures in a 40 min period..my poor baby :( I don't want to take her into the vet unless I need cause she *hates* it..the vet wouldn't need to see her though right??

Anywho, sorry to keep posting about this, but it really worries me and make me feel a little beter to get it out :(

slleipnir
03-05-2004, 11:18 AM
I just called the vets office. I made an appointment on monday..they said she needs bloodwork before she can have meds. I hope shes fine till then. Poor baby, she hates going into the vets!

jenfer
03-05-2004, 11:23 AM
I hope you will get the help you need from the vet.
Take care & ganbette kudasai!!!

K9soul
03-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Josie is in my prayers. Poor baby :( Let us know how the vet visit goes. I definitely think if that vet doesn't do something this time it's time to try somewhere else.

wolfie
03-05-2004, 12:25 PM
Oh I'm sorry! :( Poor Josie! I hope that the vet can help her this time.

slleipnir
03-05-2004, 12:39 PM
Thanks everyone..the person I talked to said it won't make them stop completely, but it would help. From what I hear from other ppl it sounds like they give their dogs stuff that stops it almost completely??

Originally posted by jenfer
ganbette kudasai!!!

Arigatou gozaimasu ^_^ I'll try

aly
03-05-2004, 12:45 PM
I think a second opinion never hurts. Even if your vet does give you meds, you might want to make an appointment with another vet just to see who you feel more comfortable with.

Be careful with what meds you get. I know some of the meds for epileptic dogs compromise their liver. But they do need the meds.

Here are some hints about living with a dog who has seizures:
http://www.canine-epilepsy.com/living.html

And here's a discussion on a forum about seizures:
http://www.champdogsforum.co.uk/board/topic/24798.html

anna_66
03-05-2004, 12:49 PM
Oh no, poor Josie. I really hope they can find some good meds to put her on to stop them.
Hugs & Kisses for your sweetie.

slleipnir
03-05-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the links Aly, I'll check them out

lv4dogs
03-05-2004, 01:21 PM
when you called the vet did you tell them that she had 5 in 40 minutes & they are getting worse?
That seems like an awful lot of seziures to have that close to eachother, they may opt to see her right away.
I know if it was my dog i'd get her to vet now.

I wish you the best of luck & keep us posted.

slleipnir
03-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Yup, I told her. (actually I talked to the front desk person..but she seemed to know a lot. ) She said thats normal. A lot of dogs end up getting worse everytime and more frequently

sisterdog
03-05-2004, 03:11 PM
5 seizures in 40 minutes is definitely NOT NORMAL. This is a cluster seizure, which can be fatal. Josie needs meds, and it sounds like you need a better vet. I have an epileptic dog, Rose, whose seizures are controlled by medication. If she was seizing this often, I would have her to the vet in a heartbeat. PM me if you like and I'll go into more detail about Rose and what we have done for her.

lv4dogs
03-05-2004, 03:37 PM
Is she still seizuring? If so I'd get her to the vet ASAP, ESPECIALLY with the weekend comming up. I hope all is well, keep us posted!!

binka_nugget
03-05-2004, 04:25 PM
Poor girl :(

Prayers are on the way for you two.

tatsxxx11
03-05-2004, 04:27 PM
Oh Audrey...:(:(:( I started an update thread for Josie a few days ago; I was wondering how she was doing. She definitely needs to get started on some sort of regimen asap. It breaks my heart to think of her having so many seizures. Listen to sisterdog...when dogs or humans start clustering, they need to be seen stat. Does your vet have weekend coverage? Is there an emergency vet just in case she gets worse before Monday? I wouldn't rule out a second opinion either. I'll be thinking of you both and saying prayers for precious Josie. Please, keep us updated. {{{HUGS}}}

My Peanuts
03-05-2004, 05:13 PM
Poor Josie. I hope she does well on her meds.

tatsxxx11
03-06-2004, 11:43 AM
How's Josie doing, Audrey?:confused: Paws and fingers crossed that she's doing better. Please check in when you can. Hugs to you Josie:)