PDA

View Full Version : Albino Bengal kittens.



Fox-Gal
03-04-2004, 10:36 PM
I found a breeder here in Florida sells Exotic pets and in talking to him he told me he had albino bengal kittens for sale. He told me he sell me one for $2000, $1000 off the normal price. Not that I have to $2000, but I can dream.

He also told me that there are only 10 papered albino in the world and he has 4 of them. Do you know if they are really that rare? or is he pulling a con? It's just so hard to belive that out of 10 in the whole world that he has 4 of them.

What do you think?

Attached is a picture he e-mail me. I want one :D

Fox-Gal
03-04-2004, 10:44 PM
Also here's another picture he sent of his Serval cat he has for sell. I feel in love with him so just thought I share his picture.

Uniqueviking
03-04-2004, 11:24 PM
They are absolutely beautiful :)

I Googled to find out more about albino Bengals as I don't know anything about them...how rare they are and so on, and I found the dude you mentioned:

http://dansexoticpets.com/albinobengals.htm


This site seems to have a lot of info: http://www.hdw-inc.com/bengalhome.htm

Fox-Gal
03-05-2004, 12:11 AM
Thats the guy. :)

I just went to his site and I noticed he didn't say anything there about there only being 10 in the world. I think on the site he says he produced the worlds first Albino Bengal Kittens and then says if you buy a breeder from him you would be the second in the world to produce them. So maybe thats why I can't find out much about them so far, he has them all. I also noticed he didn't have any of their pictures up in available kittens. :confused:

Oh well, he still has some great looking cat on his site and if I could I'd take one of each. :D

He could have at least sent me a different picture then the ones he has on his site, bigger and better. :mad: :D Lazy!

I think I'm going to give him a call tomorrow, ask a few more ?'s and see about going down there.

PayItForward
03-05-2004, 03:59 AM
Mmm I think it is a con, is this his advert.

http://www.bargaintraderonline.com/addetail.html?66451724

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought two non-albino cats had to both pass on a gene to create an Albino offspring.

Therefore you can't breed an Albino cats to get another Albino cat.

Well, that is the way it works in gorillas. We went to see Snowflake the only albino gorilla in captivity.

I might be wrong though.

Tonya
03-05-2004, 08:47 AM
Wow, Cool! I want the Serval! :)

catmandu
03-05-2004, 10:23 AM
They are Gorgeous , but I would rather take in an older Cat , and save his life. That is too money for one Cat! And I would spend it on Cats who need it!

Fox-Gal
03-05-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by PayItForward
Mmm I think it is a con, is this his advert.

http://www.bargaintraderonline.com/addetail.html?66451724

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought two non-albino cats had to both pass on a gene to create an Albino offspring.

Therefore you can't breed an Albino cats to get another Albino cat.

Well, that is the way it works in gorillas. We went to see Snowflake the only albino gorilla in captivity.

I might be wrong though.

WOW you did some hunting and here I thought he was giving me a $1000 break. :mad: I didn't know about that add, a friend was the one who told me about him, she knew I always wanted a Bengal.

I too am starting to think there's something not right about this also.

After all this the husband says he rather get the Serval any way. So we will wait, I guess.

Fox-Gal
03-05-2004, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by catmandu
They are Gorgeous , but I would rather take in an older Cat , and save his life. That is too money for one Cat! And I would spend it on Cats who need it!

Of course I like to take in a older cat and save it's life, but this is something I have always wanted. Every once in awhile it's ok to be selfish and do something just because you want it, right?

If I could find a rescue for Bengals or Serval, I'd be knocking down their door. :D

PayItForward
03-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
If I could find a rescue for Bengals or Serval, I'd be knocking down their door. :D

Bengal Rescue
http://www.felinerescue.net/PUREBRED_RESCUES/Bengal_Rescue.htm

http://www.netpets.com/cats/catresc/groups/catben.html

What about a rescue Savannah ? They are a product of a cross between a Bengal cat and a Serval
http://www.savannahcatclub.com/savannah%20cat%20rescue.htm

And lastly an article which warns of the problems of owning a Serval or other big cat
http://www.bigcatrescue.org/buy_a_big_cat.htm

Fox-Gal
03-05-2004, 11:27 PM
PayItForward, you are my new best friend. :D :D Thanks :)

guster girl
03-05-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Fox-Gal
Of course I like to take in a older cat and save it's life, but this is something I have always wanted. Every once in awhile it's ok to be selfish and do something just because you want it, right?

If I could find a rescue for Bengals or Serval, I'd be knocking down their door. :D

There's absolutely nothing wrong with doing something "selfish" once in awhile. Heck, even on a daily basis. It's good to do things just because you want to. No one's a saint 24/7. ;) I don't think there's anything wrong with buying a kitten for that amount of money. I also am all for going to the rescue. If you fall in love, you fall in love. And, if it's something you've always wanted, go for it. But, whatever you do, show us pics. :)

IttyBittyKitty
03-06-2004, 12:13 AM
I like the spotty ones better though they have amazing coat patterns!!

smokey the elder
03-06-2004, 08:41 AM
They are beautiful, but...albinism is often associated with severe genetic damage. If they're breeding them together it could be a problem.

The likelihood of one mother cat bearing 4 albino kittens is only one is 64. Both genders need to carry the recessive albino gene.

It's fishy to me.

rosethecopycat
03-06-2004, 10:55 AM
Well, that is the way it works in gorillas. We went to see Snowflake the only albino gorilla in captivity.

I saw Snowflake.

RIP Snowflake, you were special.