PDA

View Full Version : Serious danger - snowglobes!

Twisterdog
02-27-2004, 09:53 PM
If any of you have those snow globes .... a glass dome filled with water and sparkles .... beware! It's really not water in them, but a type of anti-freeze.

If the snowglobe falls and breaks, and your dog licks up the antifreeze, it can kill him!

I just read a letter in the latest Dog Fancy magazine about this. A woman's dog died after licking up the "water" out of a broken snowglobe ... AFTER she dried most of it up with a towel

It says a TEASPOON of anti-freeze can kill a FIFTY pound dog!

lovemyshiba
02-27-2004, 11:02 PM
Thank you for posting this.
I too had read the article, and had been meaning to post it, but have been incredibly busy.
I would never have know this without reading the article--I have a couple of snow globes I put out at Christmas time, but that's it.

Sudilar
02-28-2004, 06:59 AM
Thank you for posting that very important information. I had no idea!

Cincy'sMom
02-28-2004, 07:04 AM
Thank you for posting this. I have several music box snowglobes and I never would have guessed.

anna_66
02-28-2004, 10:51 AM
Thanks so much for posting this, I had no idea.

K9soul
02-28-2004, 10:55 AM
I have to echo that I had no idea. Thanks for posting this! I don't have any snow globes but at least now if I ever got one or received one as a gift, I will know this. :)

trayi52
02-28-2004, 11:00 AM
I'm glad I don't have any of these around, but I will sure pass this on to my daughter. I know if anything happened to her little dog, I think the whole family would go into such a deep dark depression. They think of their little one as one of the family.

I will also pass this on to my mother. Thanks for posting this, because I had no idea! I thought it was only water in those snow globes.

Willie

micki76
02-29-2004, 06:22 PM
I have several musical Christmas snowglobes, and though I never thought about them containing anything other than water, it makes sense.

Thanks for the info.

ramanth
03-01-2004, 09:34 AM
Oh my goodness! I had no idea. Thank you for posting this. How sad for that woman. :(

primabella
03-01-2004, 09:37 AM
Thanks for posting this. :eek: We only have about, 3, at the most snow globes but at least now I know I need to be more careful around them. Thanks Twisterdog.