PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! Stain/Odor Removal TIPS??

veegan
02-25-2004, 08:37 PM
eek! :eek: Brock has never had an accident in the house, but has been sick the past couple weeks and had diarrhea on the cream coloured carpets today, that were just cleaned yesterday!!! Needless to say my mom is very upset. PLEASE, anyone have any tips on what gets out stain/odor the best?? Household items, and/or specific brand of cleaners (i.e. Resolve or Nature's Miracle) perhaps?

thanks in advance for any advice you may have!!

(cross posted in cat & dog general)

catnapper
02-25-2004, 09:00 PM
I swear by Gonzo brand stain remover. It comes in a small white bottle... I find it in Home Depot's carpet department. Its somewhere around $3 or $4 per bottle.

I've gotten dried red paint off my beige carpet in two seconds flat! This stuff is truly amazing!

slick
02-25-2004, 09:37 PM
I feel your pain. After a good poop, Speckles sometimes drags her butt across my cream-coloured carpet. :eek:

I use something called Prosolve and for me it works wonders.

moosmom
02-26-2004, 08:43 AM
I use Resolve Pet Stain Remover. My cats sometimes eat too fast and then barf. I only find it with my FEET after it's cold and wet!! :eek: I clean up the chunks (sorry for being so graphic) and then spray the Resolve on it and let it sit for a few minutes. I then take a scrub brush and brush the stain away!

catmandu
02-26-2004, 08:55 AM
The Cat Sitters used Resolve as well , and it really did a great job! Mooosmom is Right On!

guster girl
02-26-2004, 10:00 AM
Hey, all! I read in another section (dog general, maybe), that Resolve isn't the best to use, especially if it has Teflon. Or something like that. I actually came online to ask, because I just bought some resolve pet stain n odor, and, want to make sure it's safe to use. I'll go to the other section and reread what they said! Pet stains suck. :(

prechrswife
02-26-2004, 10:01 AM
Woolite pet stain remover has worked well for us.

guster girl
02-26-2004, 10:07 AM
That is so strange! I bought Woolite's and it sucked! I guess all carpets and pet stains aren't created equal! I love Woolite for delicates, but, my old RB kitty, Dusty, was getting sick a lot at one point, and, I bought some of that, and, it did not get the yellow out of my beige carpet. :( So far, Clorox Oxy Clean is doing the trick, but, I'm just not sure about the odor. I can't smell it, but, it's bothersome that the pets still can. And, I went back to Dog General, and, there's a comment about Resolve. I'm not sure if the poster was referring to ALL Resolve, or just the ones specifically with stain blocker or Teflon. Check that thread out if you want their explanation. This thread is helpful!

wolfsoul
02-26-2004, 10:07 AM
I prefer to use baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. :)

guster girl
02-26-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
I prefer to use baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. :)

What ratio? That just sounds safer! Is it color safe? I'm always up for new ideas!

Catsnclay
02-26-2004, 12:50 PM
WATER

I was told by a carpet professional to use just plain water, and lots of it.

Any product that has soap in it, if you don't get the soap out you will have more problems.

He told me: Get to the stain quickly, if possible. With a paper towel pick up as much as possible, do NOT rub!!!! After you have "picked up" as much as you can, use a spray bottle and soak the spot with water. Wait 10 minutes and BLOT up with either a towel or paper towels. Again DO NOT RUB!!!!! You may have to repeat this process several times, but the stain will come out.

Remember it will take time, patience and LOTS OF WATER!!!!

Good luck.

RedHedd
02-26-2004, 12:57 PM
When my RB Goldie was in the final stages of her cancer, she made a mess all over my apartment. I found Resolve to be the best followed up with Nature's Miracle. Renting a Rug Doctor for a weekend and using the Rug Doctor pet stain remover additive was the remedy of last resort, which I did after she went over the bridge - it worked like a charm. Good luck!

tomkatzid
02-26-2004, 01:12 PM
I'll ask Tom as soon as he gets home from the park. We just bought a $300.00 carpet cleaner from Costco this week end. We do not use the shampoo that comes with it. He also got a product called 'brown out'. We just had ours done too. We have a great guy to clean ours if you need the name let me know. He doesn't charge an arm and a leg.
I'm so sorry to hear about Brock. I hope by now he is much better.
Katz

wolfsoul
02-26-2004, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by guster girl
What ratio? That just sounds safer! Is it color safe? I'm always up for new ideas!
Lol, I don't really know to tell you the truth. I just mix it all up. :p

CatDad
02-26-2004, 07:23 PM
Mine is expensive also, but I bought a Bissel Little green machine. I may have messed up the name.

It is a little carpet cleaner that you can carry around and plug. I bought it about 5 years ago, for about $100. I have never regretted it.

Like I said it was not cheap, but it was money well spent.

tomkatzid
03-01-2004, 12:55 PM
Just as we were getting ready to dish up our food last night we had to stop and get out the carpet cleaner.
WHO was it...................... No idea. Pee, right in front of the TV. Very glad we had it and the product called 'brown out'. Looks good this morn, but we caught it early.
Katz