PDA

View Full Version : runny eyes

sirrahved
02-23-2004, 10:12 AM
Marshmallow has terribly runny eyes. I clean them (nearly) every day. I read on the COTD from a few days ago that that persian had the same prob. Do any of you know of this as being a breed problem? It's really icky. I don't think I could possibly afford feeding her salmon all of the time!

catlover4ever
02-23-2004, 10:52 AM
Actually my little old lady Tucker has runny eyes all the time and it is not from her breed but from torn eye ducts. She has a very small tear in the corner of both of her eyes...so it is just something that we live with.

CatDad
02-23-2004, 07:40 PM
It could be the torn tear duct, it could also be allergies to something.

My Bob eyes have alot more goop in the summer time and it is due to a small allergy to pollen. It does not sound as bad as yours, but we just live with it.

You may want to talk to your vet too, just to see what they say.

Craftlady
02-23-2004, 08:40 PM
Skinny's one eye runs when he is stressed. Poor guy did it at the vet's office that's how we found out why. I gave him extra kisses when we were all done. :)

catmandu
02-24-2004, 09:15 AM
BoBo has always had runny eyes , and the Vet gave me some Gel , for them , but putting the gel in BoBos eyes is not easy. So I just wipe them , every day. Good Luck!

sirrahbed
02-24-2004, 02:55 PM
Emily has runny eyes and we had a culture done at the vet - but nothing is wrong. He asked if she is finicky at scratching in the litterbox and that the dust from the litter is very aggravating to some kitties. Well, Emily is "scoop patrol" and even covers the boys' business as well as digging up a storm for her own...so that is the reason for hers. Does Marsha dig alot?? Or is it a Persian thing? I know our poodles always had runny eye s and it was a poodle thing. Also - her light silvery coloring probably makes it all the more noticeable.

bluekat
02-24-2004, 04:26 PM
Sometimes one of Blueberry's eyes would get really watery and I'd have to clean it. But I know that Persians do tend to have more runny eyes than other cats.