PDA

View Full Version : Pt Prayers Please!!!!!!

Amber
02-20-2004, 02:12 PM
Please please please my family could really use some prayers!

Katie has been acting funny lately. She has been wanting to sleep and not move around much. Yesterday me and katie played, and she was running around. Today My dad said katie was acting strange. He said she was walking funny. My mom and me then took her outside to watch her walk. It does look like she is kinda walking fuuny. I cannot explain. please please, this is really scaring me. Just pray everyone that she is okay. My paretns want to watch her some more before we take her to the vet. please pray...she is my dog, and I love her soo much. Please hope that she will be okay. Im not ready for her to get sick. :( :(
:( :(

dukedogsmom
02-20-2004, 02:15 PM
You need to go ahead and take her to the vet! It sounds to me like it could be some kind of seizures or something. Way better to be safe than sorry. I'll be thinking about her and please, take her to the vet.

micki76
02-20-2004, 02:16 PM
If she was running around playing, she may have twisted something, or pulled something. If she's not better by tomorrow, or get worse, get to the vet.

Amber
02-20-2004, 02:20 PM
my mom thinks she might have pulled a muscle or somthing..

Gosh, this is scaring me so much and I cannot stop crying:(

pitc9
02-20-2004, 02:24 PM
Have you taken her to the vet yet????

K9soul
02-20-2004, 02:25 PM
I wish I knew what advice to give you but without being there to see for myself it's hard to tell, but you know Katie best and if she's not acting right I'd push to have her taken in so the vet could give her a look. I always get very paranoid the moment one of mine seems to be not quite acting right.

You just noticed this change for the first time today? If she just walks a bit funny but otherwise her appetite is fine and she's acting mostly herself it sounds like she could have strained a muscle or something.

Keep us updated and I will keep Katie in my thoughts and prayers!

My Peanuts
02-20-2004, 02:32 PM
If Katie is eating and playing, but is walking funny, then it probably is a pulled muscle. Personally, I would still take her into the vet to get checked out. Prayers are on the way for you and for Katie.

Amber
02-20-2004, 02:35 PM
She is eating fine, and the past to days, Katie was running around playing. I hope she just pulled somthing.

My mom still wants to wait for Katie..
Hopfully tomorrow...:(

EssTer
02-20-2004, 02:48 PM
I really hope Katie will be OK... itīs better to take her to vet... Iīll pray for her...

tatsxxx11
02-20-2004, 03:25 PM
Oh dear, try not to think the worst, Amber. But I understand how you feel and how scared you are:( I know you will feel so, so much better once your vet checks her out; hopefully tomorrow! She has a good appetite and still has her spunk, so I too am thinking it might be a pulled muscle or strain. We're thinking of you sweet Katie girl! Paws crossed in prayer for Katie.:)

Amber
02-20-2004, 03:31 PM

Im really really hoping she just pulled somthing. because that could be treated with medicine. Just hope thats what it is.

I also thought, do you think she could have airthritus? :(

bluekat
02-20-2004, 04:03 PM
Awww, I'm sorry to hear that:( I'll be praying and hope she gets all better real soon:)
Keep us updated!

tatsxxx11
02-20-2004, 04:04 PM
It might be. Even younger dogs can develop arthritic changes. The good thing is that is treatable too:) {{{HUGS}}}

Amber
02-20-2004, 04:07 PM
Thanks!

I just tried "The Test" with Katie

I went into the kitchen took out the ham out of the bag, and as soon as Katie heard the bag sound, she came walking in on here. and I gave her a tiny bit of it. She is definatly her self. She just probably pulled a muscle in her legs, while playing. But still, tomorrow is definatly a doctor visit.

RobiLee
02-20-2004, 04:10 PM
Sweet Katie will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep us posted, Amber, you know we all care.

Robin :)

ChiRen
02-20-2004, 04:12 PM
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that all is "a-okay" with Katie!!

Amber
02-21-2004, 09:51 AM
Thanks, Katie is at the vets right now with my parents

tatsxxx11
02-21-2004, 10:12 AM
Fingers and paws crossed for an encouraging update...!:) Please check in when you can.

bluekat
02-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Hoping for good news!:)

Amber
02-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Thanks! Im really hoping for good news.

Its very very lonely here with out Katie.. and quiet too

trayi52
02-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Keep us posted Amber, maybe it is just a pulled muscle. I know its hard not to worry. So I am not going to tell you not to worry. Just keep us posted and let us know how things go at the vets.

Keeping you in my prayers,

Willie

Amber
02-21-2004, 10:46 AM
UPDATE***

my parents just got home from the vet with katie, and the vets said she either pulled a muscle in her back or had a muscle spasm. She is not aloud to jump up the couch or the bed for 10 days, and we have to give her baby asprin. and if she is not better in a week we have to take her back. and they also gave her a shot.

Just now she is walking sooo much better!! Thankyou very very mcuh for praying for my girl. Thankyou!!! :D :D

primabella
02-21-2004, 10:49 AM
I am glad to hear that it isn't too serious! :) Hoping for a full recovery!

trayi52
02-21-2004, 10:59 AM
Wow, that is great news Amber! I am so relieved to hear that she is going to be okay.

Keep us posted.

shais_mom
02-21-2004, 12:05 PM
prayers on the way keep us posted!

ChrisH
02-21-2004, 01:35 PM
Sorry I haven't posted before but I only just saw this and I got so worried reading through! Now I am so relieved and happy that little sweetie Katie is ok!:D
Hugs and kisses to the little girl! :) She will be in my prayers to be and stay well.
Chris

wolfie
02-21-2004, 07:19 PM
I'm glad she's okay! Hope she feels better soon. :)