PDA

View Full Version : Boomer's claws and other rants

Sirrahsim
02-15-2004, 06:28 PM
The weather here in the past 24 hours has been terrible- not the temperature, yesterday it was 57F but the WIND. My hunny and I were planning on calling it an early evening because he had to get up for work at about 4 this morning. Sooo he went to bed early and I stayed up until 11 or so browsing on PT:rolleyes: :D :D When I finally did go to bed Paul had just woken up from a dream so we said goodnight and both attempted to fall asleep. I'm not sure how long we lay there until we realized that sleep was going to be hard to find for whatever reason. So Paul decides to go watch TV for a bit and I stayed in bed to try to get to sleep. I'm not sure how long I was there, not long anyway, before CRASH a sudden gust of wind smacks into the side of my building making my sliding glass doors rattle as though we were having a terrible earthquake. It subsided for a few minutes, long enough for me to drift off to sleep and then CRASH!! This time the wind slammed my sliding glass door open!! So not only do I quickly wake up, but I'm terrified and freezing. Sooo I leave the bedroom to go find my big strong protector (with Boomer fast on my heels) and I find him laying on the couch. I flop down on the other couch and quickly realize that he's not having anymore luck with sleep than I am. Soooo Seeing as by that point it was 2am (the wind is STILL blowing strong by the way) we both decided to just stay up and start our day:eek: Boomer is pleased by this because he always wants to play at 2 am, but he's confused none the less and a bit cautious about playing with us. Soooo Paul goes to work, I fall asleep for about 2 minutes on the couch before Boomer leaps up onto my stomach and puts 3 nice long deep scratches across my poor abs. Sooo I decide it's nail clipping time. I managed the front claws fairly well, only earning one more scratch deep enough to bleed- but when it's time for the back clas I had to wrap Boomer up in one very angry, very sleepy, very grumpy towel burrito and finally managed a few of his back claws. All that to say: It's been a REALLY long night :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

catnapper
02-15-2004, 06:45 PM
Sorry about your miserable night! Boomer thought he was lucky to have playmates when he wanted them - ha ha that it turned into a nail clipping session! I hope the wind dies down before the house starts spinning and you see Dorothy and Toto fly by on a bike!

CatDad
02-15-2004, 07:32 PM
I was happy to read that you succeded with the nail trim that was something anyway. Here Boomer thought playmates and got a nail trim instead.

Sorry to hear about the wind, that can be kind of unnerving sometimes. I agree if you see dorothy and toto, worry.;)

catcrazylady
02-16-2004, 08:10 AM
I hope you get some rest today!! I bet you will be really tired especially after the tussle with Boomer! I bet he doesn't want playmates at 2:00 am again!!! All that got him was stuffed in a burrito and clipped!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/wink.gif http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

Poor Boomer!!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/eek.gif

catmandu
02-16-2004, 09:10 AM
That was so funny , as you some times have to do things for The Cats , thatthey need , but dont really like , and Claw clipping is one. But he will feel better , and so will your furniture!