PDA

View Full Version : zippo dogs for 2 weeks now! lol

cali
02-15-2004, 06:11 PM
wow, our shelter has had zero dogs for 2 weeks now! the ONLY thing left in the shelter is a couple of cats! lol last week they had cats and a rabbit named sunny, now just cats! :D just to give you all some hope that it IS perfectly possable to have no dogs in the shelter ;)

clara4457
02-15-2004, 06:23 PM
That's great! :D

Our shelter on the other hand just had 17 new dogs come in on Saturday. :(

cloverfdx
02-15-2004, 10:10 PM
That is awesome :D *Yay*

We have run out of room for anymore dogs at our shelter :( which means more have to be PTS :(

cali
02-21-2004, 11:47 AM
make that 3 weeks, and only 1 cat left now. an empty shelter, now thats a good problem! :D

one thing has been bothering me though, what does our shelter do different from others? around here it is extremly rare to see a stray anything, even rich people go to the shelter for their pets,no government funding, a tone of support, $25-35 adoption fee's, purbreds are spayed before leaving the shelter, mutts you just have to put down a spay deposit and you are given 3 months to have the dog or cat fixed, the vet who preformed the procedure has to notify the shelter it has been done. umm a pets on parade section in the paper, fundarising(telethone, dogwalk), ok so what makes our shleter so successfull compared to others?:confused:

primabella
02-21-2004, 11:48 AM
:eek: I've never heard of that. I don't know what makes your shelter so great but they'd better keep it up. :D

Our no kill shelter, on the other hand, is so full they are boarding dogs in the offices. :(

Dogz
02-21-2004, 03:25 PM
That is great!

Our no kill shelter always has dogs and cats.