PDA

View Full Version : Is this bad??

slleipnir
02-12-2004, 08:44 PM
When Josie sleeps sometimes, she really gets out of it. She seems to be getting worse..One, she snors a lot louder. Two, she shakes a lot..(like more then normal..as in I can't sleep with her on the bed if she's doing that, it keeps me up) three, I was trying to wake her up today and it took me a while to get her to wake up..I was rubbing her back and pushing her a little while calling her name. It's worrying me..and Im wondering if this is bad or if its normal..Sorry for the odd post O_O

GoldenRetrLuver
02-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Lol, it sounds like she was dreaming. :p Mine do that too, I don't think it's anything to worry about.

Dogz
02-12-2004, 08:48 PM
Digger does that too. I was kinda wondering that also.

K9soul
02-12-2004, 08:57 PM
The dreaming sounds normal with the shaking or I think of it as twitching more. I've never had a dog that snored but I know in people it can be exacerbated if the person is overweight.

I don't think you should be worried though, it sounds pretty normal. :)

slleipnir
02-12-2004, 09:14 PM
No, I understand that twitching and such is normal, but she does this EVERY time she sleeps, and a lot worse then any other dog I've seen..I worry because she is kinda epileptic and thats almost what it's like...She's seemed to have gotten worse since her seizures..so I'm hoping they didnt do something..

kimlovescats
02-12-2004, 09:18 PM
Sounds very normal to me!!! ;)

lv4dogs
02-13-2004, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by slleipnir
No, I understand that twitching and such is normal, but she does this EVERY time she sleeps, and a lot worse then any other dog I've seen..I worry because she is kinda epileptic and thats almost what it's like...She's seemed to have gotten worse since her seizures..so I'm hoping they didnt do something..

I was going to say it sounds normal until i read this reply, if you have any doubts, especially with her being epileptic i would personally get her to the vet for an exam & possibly a blood panel ran to make sure she her levels are ok. Is she on meds for this? hope everything is ok for yous!

slleipnir
02-13-2004, 10:51 AM
Shes not on meds. She only has seizures sometimes, not enough to have meds...I think I asked the vets before..I'll have to check again, thanks

wolfsoul
02-13-2004, 11:10 AM
When Leather sleeps, she does the same thing. She has these kinds of twitches and spasms. She'll even move her legs the way she would if she was running, and she'll howl and growl. I think it's cute. :p

slleipnir
02-13-2004, 12:26 PM
Yeah Zeke does it too, only Josie does it differently..I dont think I'm explaining it right.....

Logan
02-13-2004, 01:11 PM
Audrey, obviously this has you very concerned. I think consulting with your vet is the best thing to do since you're the one who is seeing what is actually happening.

Best of luck. I hope that there is nothing wrong with that beautiful and sweet girl. :)

Logan