PDA

View Full Version : Luna is sick

Kirsten
01-26-2004, 03:51 PM
Some of you might know they have found clostridia in her colon, which again and again have caused diarrhea. Since last summer, Luna is having problems with this from time to time.

She already had one antibiotic, and it got better for a while, but then she started to occasionally have lose stool again. According to the vet, this kind of bacteria isn't easy to treat, so Luna got another antibiotic now. Strange thing is that now, that she is taking it for 4 days, the diarrhea got even worse. So I'm wondering if she cannot tolerate the new meds.

I brought her to the vet today, and for the time being, she's supposed to continue with the meds. She got an injection and I've got a diet food for her, and I hope this will help her.

Could be that this very bad form of diarrhea doesn't even come from the bacteria, it could be some kind of stomach flu or something like that. Well, time will tell, but I hope Luna can finally get rid of these germs once and for all!

Kirsten

slick
01-26-2004, 04:02 PM
Poor Luna. You've certainly had a bad time with this. I know my Speckles gets really bad runs when she's on antibiotics. Prayers on the way for speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.

Craftlady
01-26-2004, 04:12 PM
A spoon full of plain yogart once a day keeps good bateria in their tummys in check.
100% pumpkin filling a spoon full a day will help bind the potty and stop diarreha.

Kirsten
01-26-2004, 05:13 PM
Thanks slick! I'm sorry to hear Speckles has to deal with these things when on antibiotics!

Craftlady, that sounds like a real good advice! I'm going to get some yogurt tomorrow. Thanks! :)

Kirsten

Uabassoon
01-26-2004, 05:14 PM
Poor Luna :( I hope she feels better soon.

jenluckenbach
01-26-2004, 07:45 PM
I hope Luna feels better real soon.

Craftlady
01-26-2004, 07:48 PM
I forgot to mention, get the "fat free" plain yogart. It doesnt pack the lbs on our kittys. :)

CatDad
01-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Nothing to add, I just wanted to say that I hope that Luna feels better soon. Poor little girl.

Give her some love for me and I will keep her in my thoughts.

Don't feel alone Joey threw up again last night and did not eat very much tonight. I am hoping that this was just a short term thing and we are not going to revisit Thanksgiving and Christmas.

krazyaboutkatz
01-27-2004, 12:07 AM
I'm sorry to hear that Luna is sick again.:( Please get well soon Luna. Hopefully the new meds will help and the yogurt will help her tolerate the new meds. All fingers and paws are crossed here. Please take care.

kimlovescats
01-27-2004, 12:10 AM
Oh poor Luna ... I hope her tummy gets all better soon!
Hang in there, Kirsten ... I know how hard it is to see them have upset tummies!!! :(

Kirsten
01-27-2004, 04:49 AM
Originally posted by Craftlady
I forgot to mention, get the "fat free" plain yogart. It doesnt pack the lbs on our kittys. :)

LOL, oh yes, she has enough lbs already! ;)
Do you think cat yogurt will work also? It's lactose-reduced.

CatDad, I'm sorry to hear Joey has upset his tummy. Hopefully he'll feel better soon!

Even though Luna got a shot yesterday, she still has diarrhea. This is the first time the injection hasn't helped immediately. I'm really starting to believe she cannot tolerate the new meds. Called the vet this morning and was told to continue with the meds today, but when there's still no improvement, I'm getting new ones tomorrow.

Also, her butt seems to be itching. I saw her "walking" in a sitting position this morning, rubbing her butt on the carpet. Guess her butt is only sore from the diarrhea, but if it doesn't stop, she has to go back to the vet to be checked for worms or anal glend infection... My poor girl!

Thanks everyone,
Kirsten

ChrisH
01-27-2004, 05:47 AM
Poor Luna. Hope she gets better soon.

Killearn Kitties
01-27-2004, 08:01 AM
Sorry to hear this has flared up again. Poor Luna.
I certainly hope you start to see an improvement soon.

Karen
01-27-2004, 08:19 AM
Poor Luna, no fun at all.

Randi
01-27-2004, 08:33 AM
Sorry to hear Luna feeling so poorly. I hope the treatment will help soon. If her butt iches, try wiping it with a damp cloth, it may help. :)

Get better, sweet Luna! :)

Lerah021399
01-27-2004, 08:45 AM
Sorry to hear that Luna isn't feeling well. Feel better sweet, Luna. Jack is sending lots of get well wishes to you and tons of nose rubs.

Julie Grove
01-27-2004, 10:37 AM
I'm sorry Luna is poorly - I'm sorry I can't offer any help. But big kisses and hugs coming your way from me and Lulu.

Kirsten
01-27-2004, 11:11 AM
Thanks everyone! :)

Hearing from Jack makes Luna feeling so much better! :)

Barbara
01-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Sorry for catching up so late: best wishes to poor Luna. I really hope you can find a solution for her.

Lorraine
01-27-2004, 09:18 PM
Poor little girl, I hope she is feeing better soon.

catland
01-28-2004, 11:02 AM
Get well soon Luna.:)

Kirsten
01-28-2004, 02:35 PM
Thanks! I don't think she's feeling very bad. She still has these problems, but she's eating and is acting normal. I hope she's on her way to recovery now. :)

Kirsten

Steffi N
01-28-2004, 07:25 PM
I am sorry that Luna has been feeling bad. I hope she is getting better now.
Brian. I hope Joey feels better, too.
Gentle pets for you, girls. :)

CatDad
01-28-2004, 08:25 PM
I am sorry to hear that she is still having problems, but was happy to hear that she is acting and eating normally.

I hope she gets over her problems soon.

Keep us updated.:)

Kirsten
01-29-2004, 10:44 AM
Thanks! :)

She seems to do fine, but still has kind of lose stool. The vet has said it's not easy getting rid of clostridia. We're working on this since last summer now. :\

Kirsten

Logan
01-29-2004, 11:48 AM
Kirsten, please give Luna lots of hugs and kisses from her friends in SC. I do hope she will be better soon!!! :)