PDA

View Full Version : Kia

kittenwhiskerz
01-07-2004, 01:35 PM
Ramanth, I was wondering what breed of dog Kia is. She looks so similar to the dog of the day today (1/7/2004). Is she also an American Indian Dog?
Darrolanne

ramanth
01-19-2004, 10:30 AM
:) Hi Darrolanne, welcome to Pet Talk.

I got Kia when she was 3 yrs. old from the local Shelter. Her paperwork said Husky mix. All the vets she's been too say she looks like she's a mix of Siberian Husky and Austrailian Cattle Dog. She does have a few traits of both breeds so I'm inclined to believe that's what she is. :)

I guess it is possible that she could have some American Indian Dog in her, but I don't think I could prove it. :)

Thanks for asking. :)

K9soul
01-19-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
[BAll the vets she's been too say she looks like she's a mix of Siberian Husky and Austrailian Cattle Dog. [/B]

That's what I guessed when I looked at her pictures before! I can see Amercian Indian dog being another guess only they are a rarer breed thus my guess was cattle dog and husky. It's cool to see my guess is probably a good one :D

Welcome to Pet Talk kittenwhiskerz! :)

kittenwhiskerz
01-19-2004, 04:14 PM
Hi Ramanth and K9soul and thanks for the welcome! :) It's always fun to try and figure where our rescued shelter dogs come from, but it doesn't really matter. Kia is gorgeous and obviously well loved! I can see how she could be husky and cattle dog! Those eyes! I have a cattle dog/lab mix who is quite a handful and we had a much beloved alaskan malamute a few years ago who is gone from age/disease.
Love ya Kia........your beauty struck me instantly. :)
Darrolanne from CA

ramanth
01-20-2004, 10:20 AM
Kia sez Thanks!
http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/Mutt_March/a1KiaCU.jpg
In her own, goofy way. :D

A neighbor of my parents had two malamutes while I was growing up. They were such fun to take for walks. :)

I'd love to see pics of your pup!

katienoonan
01-20-2004, 01:34 PM
I want a Kia dog!! She is just so gorgeous.

kittenwhiskerz
01-20-2004, 02:38 PM
Awwwwwwe Kia thanks for the almost kiss!!! :) Tell your mom that I would put pictures of MY fuzzy beasts here but I haven't figured out how to do it yet. !! :)

ramanth
01-20-2004, 02:48 PM
Oh Oh! There is a thread somewhere that explains step by step how to post pictures.

I must find it! Help! Medic! ;) :D