PDA

View Full Version : Meri Kirihimete (Merry Xmas to all from NZ)

carole
12-23-2003, 09:54 PM
I just want to wish everyone a very happy time at xmas, may you all be blessed with love and happiness (and even some nice pressies), tomorrow is Xmas in NZ so when you are just starting, ours will be all over, not the feasting though, as we are waiting until the 26th to have our's, so we will be feasting on the same day.

Just want to take time out to say thank you to everyone who has helped me on PT over the last 9 mths, whether it be advice, kind words, putting sigs and avatars (thanks Brooke), or just having plain good old fun, its been a great time for me here and I look forward to spending my next xmas on PT.

Bless you all and your pets, may you all be kept safe and well.

Love ya all.:) ;) :)

gini
12-23-2003, 11:05 PM
Carole, what a lovely message from your beautiful country to ours.

You have made so many wonderful contributions to Pet Talk, and all here have grown to love you as we get to know you better.

It is interesting to me that you don't actually have a "feast" until the 26th. I recall when I was little that it was the custom to go out and visit friends and take them presents on the 25th - and you didn't celebrate at your own home. Is this the origin of your custom?

May you, your family and furbabies have a wonderful Christmas holiday.

Gini (and at the very moment, my wild orange kingdom)

krazyaboutkatz
12-23-2003, 11:18 PM
Thanks for all of your kind words Carole.:)

MAY YOU & YOUR FAMILY & FURKIDS ALL HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS & A VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO!!!

trayi52
12-23-2003, 11:48 PM
Awww, Carole, that was so sweet, I wish the same for you and your family.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! to you and your loved ones, and you and your loved ones be safe too!!!

Willie:)

AmberLee
12-24-2003, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by trayi52
Awww, Carole, that was so sweet, I wish the same for you and your family. ...

So well phrased -- I agree completely!

Merry Christmas to all PetTalkers everywhere!

carole
12-24-2003, 02:35 AM
Aww you are all such nice people, thats why I love it so much here, Oh sorry Gini I should have explained, yes we celebrate xmas on the 25th here just the same, it is just my family this year are not all together, but my parents and my family will go to our favourite restaurant the day after xmas, boxing day, to have our feast, no cooking over a hot stove this year YAHOO!!!!!

However looks like a wet xmas for most in NZ, that is the weather forcast, its not too hot or too cold, just how I like it.

Once again thank you all for your lovely comments, I am truely touched by them.:)
P.S I wanted to tell you all my husband gave me an early xmas present (no not another kitty) but a brand new monitor for my computer, its a flat screen and 17 and a half inches, for me its great as I need new glasses, and my eyesight is not too good with the old ones, so this makes visiting PT much easier.:)

Moose
12-24-2003, 03:19 AM
Thanks for the wonderful post Carole, and not only do I want to thank you for your thoughtful holiday wishes..but I would also like to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas. :)

[and congrats for getting the avatar figured out! ;)]

carole
12-24-2003, 03:23 AM
Thanks so much Brooke, I hope you have a wonderful day too, and yes I got your beautifully made avatar on there, doesn't it look awesome?, I had just saved it wrong, hubby fixed it up and I put it on there , I have been showing everyone, they all think it super too.

Take care and happy holidays to you and your furbabies and family too.!!!!!:) :cool:

Miss Meow
12-24-2003, 04:03 AM
Merry Christmas, Carole! It's 9.02pm here, so it's just after midnight your time, I think :D

We went to a cherry farm today and stocked up on fresh cherries, raspberries and silvanberries - we ate most of them on the roadside as they were so nice. I love a hot weather Christmas!

I saw Santa a couple of hours ago, hooning down our street on the back of a fire truck :eek: so I hope he's on his way to NZ now with lots of presents!

We'll go to mum and dad's in the morning to open presents, so no gifts for me for at least 13 hours :eek: . I bought Shane some nice things this year and keep taunting him - it's going to be a long 13 hours ... ;)

Merry Christmas to all Pet Talkers, active and lurkers alike. Hope you and your families have a beautiful day

Edwina's Secretary
12-24-2003, 08:03 AM
Merry Christmas to you too Carole! (and a belated happy birthday:D :rolleyes: :D )

ChrisH
12-25-2003, 08:05 AM
Merry Christmas Carole! :)

p.s. Guess you must have missed the birthday thread Jen started for you??
It`s here...

http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40185&highlight=Happy+Birthday+Carole

:D :D

joycenalex
12-25-2003, 01:13 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Miss Meow
I love a hot weather Christmas!

LOL! it's -1 C here now! about 26 F for the americans, with a wind chill of 15 degreesF. when i took alex for the long walk this morning, i wore 2 shirts, thermal longjohns, jeans and a long insulated coat, scarf and gloves. he was very happy and prancing in the snow. happy holidays to all, warm or cold.

carole
12-25-2003, 02:39 PM
Aww Chrish thank you so much for posting that thread, yes I did indeed miss it, I was online on my birthday and the day after, I never saw it, strange, and here's me thinking you all forgot me,everyone must have wondered why I never posted on there, so I will go back and do that, thanks very much, I had been a little disappointed, I know silly at my age, but there you have it, off to check it out.:)

lovemyshiba
12-25-2003, 05:49 PM
Merry Christmas to you and your beautiful family Carole!!!!