PDA

View Full Version : How many computers do you have?

Dogz
12-22-2003, 03:46 PM
I am just wondering how many computers everyone has. You can include the computer at work if you have one.:)

I have 2 computers.

Felicia's Mom
12-22-2003, 03:52 PM
I have 2 computers. 1 at home and 1 at work.

primabella
12-22-2003, 03:54 PM
I have 1 computer we still use but there is another one downstairs that doesn't work.

popcornbird
12-22-2003, 03:57 PM
4.............two desktops, and two laptops. They're not all *mine*, but they're all family computers. We use the laptops and the desktop in my room most though. The 4th computer is the oldest one, and is switched on like once in two months. No one uses it. Its just sitting there.

Cincy'sMom
12-22-2003, 04:17 PM
Up and running? 1. Pieces and parts? I think we have 3 or 4 boxes inthe basement and 2 or 3 monitors. Eventually, I think we would like to get 2 networked and up and running,but there are so many other things we need to do that rate higher

Truffles
12-22-2003, 05:08 PM
i bought this pc w/ my own money its a windows XP.i don't let ANYONE near it LOL:p well once in a while i might let my parents and brothers use it but only for 10 min and not very often i'm here 24/7 LOL

marylyn

Desert Arabian
12-22-2003, 05:40 PM

Gateway desktop
Dell Inspiron Notebook

zippy-kat
12-22-2003, 05:41 PM
2 that are solely mine (1 desktop, 1 laptop)
1 Family computer
2 "other" (Dad and Sister's)
3 at work

Amber
12-22-2003, 05:45 PM
1 is mine
1 is my brothers
1 is my dads &
1 is his work laptop

captain
12-22-2003, 05:49 PM
2 laptops at work
1 laptop at home
and
1 PC (is mine, but used by hubbie!)

slleipnir
12-22-2003, 06:13 PM
I have 2 that I own myself. A desktop and laptop. In my household however, we have like..6 -_-'

Pam
12-22-2003, 06:20 PM
Three here at home. Hubby, myself and my son each have our own. My son also has a laptop, and of course we all have them at work but alas my office has no internet connection so there is no PT during the work day! :eek: :p

G.P.girl
12-22-2003, 07:21 PM
we have four computers in our house, 2 desktops and 2 laptops

trayi52
12-22-2003, 07:58 PM
There are three in this house that works, and two or three that doesn't doesn't work.

Two desktops, and one laptop. I just added memory to the laptop, and going to do some more upgrading to it. They all belong to me, nobody in the house like computers, I think my husband hates my computers as much as he does my dogs and cats.

Dogz
12-22-2003, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by trayi52
I think my husband hates my computers as much as he does my dogs and cats.

Your husband hates your dogs and cats?:(
I could never marry someone like that.

popcornbird
12-23-2003, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by trayi52
I think my husband hates my computers....

I think my mom hates my computer! :o :o Nooooo, I KNOW she hates my computer! Why? Because whenever she wants me, I'm on PT! :p My mom keeps asking why I'm on PT continuously. She says its not like I'm going to miss 100 posts if I get off for a few hours! True, that in a few hours.............I wouldn't miss that much; but what can I say.............I'm addicted! :o :o

Fox-Gal
12-23-2003, 01:37 AM
3 that are working, 2 desktops and 1 laptop.

2 non-working ones also. Who knows why we hold on to them. :confused:

trayi52
12-23-2003, 01:42 AM
Poppy, I agree 100%, my husband says I am addicted to the computer, who knows maybe I am. I have to say I tell him he is addicted to his recliner, LOL, I ask what do you want me to do sit on the couch, watch tv, and watch him sleep? Nah, couldn't do that. The only thing fun to do is either the computer, or sometimes, my daughter and I put makeup on him while he is sleeping, we paint his nails, apply lipstick, shave his legs, you know the basic fun stuff to do to somebody that sleeps like that. ;)

Now my older daughter, when she lived at home,had to go ask for money while he was asleep, he reached in his pocket, pulled out 2 dollars......., so she comes back to me and tells me, mom he only gave me 2, so I just had her keep going back until she got what she needed, worked for a while but he caught on to that one. :D

So if he wants me to give up my addiction, he is going to have to suffer....... the bandit will strike while he is asleep!!!!!!:D

jenluckenbach
12-23-2003, 04:52 AM
:eek: :eek: :eek: Is all I can say! 3? 4? 5? (I can understand 2, but.............)

We have 1 computer, and let me tell you, if it were not given to me we'd have none. Where do you people get the money?????????? When mine breaks and cannot be fixed, I am OUT of the computer biz. (I'll need mental heath treatments, though, since I've become extremely addicted) ;)

Tonya
12-23-2003, 07:55 AM
1 desktop at home
1 desktop at work
and 1 retarded wanna be laptop that is attached to my work truck at all times.

isis
12-23-2003, 10:45 AM
I have two. But the other one is SO slow.:eek:

green_chameleon_girl
12-23-2003, 11:36 AM
At my house we have 5. One for me, my sister, my brother, my mom who has a flat screen computer and my dad has a laptop. My dad wanted us all to have a computer and they all run really fast and they have the internet and stuff. Then my dad had this crazy idea and he got us each a webcam!!:D I love my dad!

tikeyas_mom
12-23-2003, 11:37 AM
i have one, that works lol

popcornbird
12-23-2003, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
:eek: :eek: :eek: Is all I can say! 3? 4? 5? (I can understand 2, but.............)

We have 1 computer, and let me tell you, if it were not given to me we'd have none. Where do you people get the money?????????? When mine breaks and cannot be fixed, I am OUT of the computer biz. (I'll need mental heath treatments, though, since I've become extremely addicted) ;)

Jen, if we had less than 4, or let's say 3 computers, I think the whole family would always be fighting over them! :D My dad got us all our own computers, to keep the peace in the house! :p LOL! Just Kidding! No seriously though, with the amount my dad, brother, and I spend on the computer, if we had one, or two, I would probably never be on PT, because I would never get the chance to get on the computer! :p So in this house, its one computer per *human*. He he he

When you have teenagers in the house, you need more computers, cause well..............they need them. Excuse is always school, but we need them to waste time too! :D LOL

slleipnir
12-23-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Jen, if we had less than 4, or let's say 3 computers, I think the whole family would always be fighting over them! :D My dad got us all our own computers, to keep the peace in the house! :p LOL! Just Kidding! No seriously though, with the amount my dad, brother, and I spend on the computer, if we had one, or two, I would probably never be on PT, because I would never get the chance to get on the computer! :p So in this house, its one computer per *human*. He he he

When you have teenagers in the house, you need more computers, cause well..............they need them. Excuse is always school, but we need them to waste time too! :D LOL

I agree! Me, my dad and my bro ALL use our comps a lot everyday. (esp me :o) So thats 3, plus our server computer (allows us all to have high speed on all comps) and me and my bro both got new comps not to long ago..I kept my desktop and still use it. My bros old one became the new server comp..We have soo many comps including old cruddy ones which probably won't work anymore. But yeah, we'd definitly fight over the comp ;) I believe I'm addicted to being online :o

CatDad
12-23-2003, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach

Who said that I spend money on this stuff.:) Most of the computers I have are pieced together from parts that I have scavenged and gotten from various people.

We have 2 people in the house and so that means 2 main boxes, that we use most of the time, and they are the ones that we actually spent a little money to get better parts. The GF has an older Laptop that she uses when she is not working. So that makes it 3.

Now, after that I will usually have anywhere from another 2 to about 5 running that I use as playgrounds for stuff. Mostly for learning new Operating System and new pieces of software, like firewalls, web servers, and many other things. I know alot of people see computer as just items to get they document written or talk on PT, but you know someone has to be the geek and figure these things out.:)

So, I guess the answer is about 7.

Kfamr
12-23-2003, 01:00 PM
Two.

cali
12-23-2003, 01:10 PM
2 kind of does my dads count? he does not live with us, but he has a laptop with all my saved stuff on it, so I can use it when I am at his place, and 1 that me, my mom and my brother all share, a desktop. :)

cali
12-23-2003, 01:12 PM
oh ya, my friend has like 5 or so, that are up and working, because her dad works at sasktel :p