PDA

View Full Version : Do you prefeer small dogs or big dogs and why?

DJFyrewolf36
12-21-2003, 05:33 PM
Do you prefeer a small or large dog, and why? I'd just like to know for curiositys sake :D.

To answer myself, I like big dogs cause in the morning I am clumsy and I'm afraid Id step on and hurt a little dog! That and you don't have to worry about hurting them if you play with em! Don't get me wrong though, some little dogs I get along with great and others...ummm I'd rather not go there!

KitKat023
12-21-2003, 05:41 PM
It's much easer to keep track of a big dog in any situation, they may be faster in some cases, but in a big house, you can hear them running around, they can't crawl under things like cats can, and if they get loose, maybe a car can see them in time and stop.

wolfsoul
12-21-2003, 05:47 PM
Big dogs. I feel protected when I'm around big dogs. I like having a huge body that I can put my arm around. I like a deep bark. Big dogs have always suited my lifestyle. I get worried when I'm around little dogs; they always seem to walk around my feet; I'm afraid to step on one and hurt it.

KitKat023
12-21-2003, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by wolfsoul
Big dogs. I feel protected when I'm around big dogs. I like having a huge body that I can put my arm around. I like a deep bark. Big dogs have always suited my lifestyle. I get worried when I'm around little dogs; they always seem to walk around my feet; I'm afraid to step on one and hurt it.

Yeah I agree with this too!

Uabassoon
12-21-2003, 06:32 PM
I love them both, but I'd have to say I prefer larger dogs only because I have sensitive ears and the high pitched bark of some of the smaller dogs really hurts my ears.

Desert Arabian
12-21-2003, 06:54 PM
Huge. I love my animals huge. Great Danes, Labradors, Chessies, Boxers, and other gun dogs...I just love them. Same goes for horses-16hh and higher.

wolfsoul
12-21-2003, 07:12 PM
I'll be getting a catahoula leopard dog and a German shepherd dog --- both large dogs. :D

Tonya
12-21-2003, 09:54 PM
Big dogs. I like feeling protected. They also seem less high maintenance then small dogs.

G.P.girl
12-21-2003, 10:27 PM
definatly big dogs! i love big dogs! great danes are my favorite breed. i don't like small dogs because they have a really high yappy bark and they run around too much. i like the deep bark. and they are just so sturdy and i like to curl up on the floor with them. and they are better to play with.
ps. no offense to small dog lovers:)

G.P.girl
12-21-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by YellowLabLover
Huge. I love my animals huge. Great Danes, Labradors, Chessies, Boxers, and other gun dogs...I just love them. Same goes for horses-16hh and higher.
me too! i love big taaaaalll horses! i like shires too they are so nice! and big:D

Kfamr
12-21-2003, 10:34 PM
I like medium - huge dogs. I would never say no to a smaller dog if they needed a home and I could provide it though.

I like larger dogs because there's much more to cuddle.

Either way, both are filled with the same amount of love. :D

Amber
12-21-2003, 10:47 PM
I like small dogs. (not toy dogs) Katie is small and has a deep bark, she sounds like a german shepard! lol, but I would def. have a large dog someday!:D

Karen
12-21-2003, 11:00 PM
Love all sizes. That wasn't a choice!

Dogz
12-22-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by Kfamr

Either way, both are filled with the same amount of love. :D

I agree.:)

I didn't vote. I love both, I just like to cuddle up to a big dog, they are so snuggly.;) But then of course it also feels good to have 'a little Otis' sleeping by your legs.

stacwase
12-22-2003, 08:28 AM
Big dogs, definitely.

1. They're better for your back. You don't have to bend down to pet them!
2. They're easier to walk - you can feel their head at your hip. If you want them to heel you can just hold their head there.
3. Nobody's going to try to hurt you when you've got a big dog at your side.
4. They're just about impossible to trip over.
5. There's just more to love!

Pam
12-22-2003, 12:25 PM
There are lots of large breed dogs that I admire, but I'm probably the odd one here because I voted for small dogs. By that I mean a dog 40 lbs. or less. At my age right now I just think they are easier for me to care for and manage (bathing, etc.) I also love having a dog that fits nicely in my lap which Ripley does so well. :) Bella tries but she just sort of spills out of it. :p

Logan
12-22-2003, 12:40 PM
There are terrific reasons for each of us to love large and small dogs. We have 4 wonderful "big" dogs, but I have to tell you that I would love a lap dog one day. Right now, I just have "lap cats", which suits me fine!!! :)

primabella
12-22-2003, 01:59 PM
When I look at the list of breeds I like most, there are more larger dogs there than smaller dogs. But as said, they can all provide the same unconditional love.

GoldenRetrLuver
12-22-2003, 02:02 PM
I like large-huge sized dogs. :)
But, like people have said, if a small dog needed a home, then I would provide one. :)

DJFyrewolf36
12-24-2003, 03:18 PM
Thanx to you all for posting!

If ANY dog needed a home, I sure wouldn't refuse if I could provide for it, small or large. I agree with you all on that. Any dog can love you unconditionally and provide a warm greeting when you get home from a really crummy day. I like dogs...ALL dogs!

tikeyas_mom
12-24-2003, 07:28 PM
i love medium sized dogs, like the siberian husky, GSD, ect.. :)...

I guess that is counted as a large dog lol.

I love big BIG dogs too though :p.. like Malamutes ect..

I also love lil dogs like westies, shih tzus and yorkies :p..

i could never deside. :D

binka_nugget
12-27-2003, 12:25 AM
Although my boys aren't big dogs, I prefer medium/big. I had my heart set on a border collie(x) and was pretty mad when my mom decided on a sheltie without telling me. Needless to say, I couldn't stay mad. I prefer 30 pounds and up. For my third dog that I'm getting in the next year or so, I'm hoping for a rescued rottie, pittie or gsd. All would fall into the big dog category I suppose.

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
12-27-2003, 01:34 PM
It doesn't matter to me, but I would like a smaller dog when I am older just because Abby is so big and hard to lug around, like in the car when we go camping.