PDA

View Full Version : He has to be one of the smartest dogs ever...

Kfamr
12-19-2003, 02:16 PM
:D Just a few minutes ago I was just insidelaying with Nala on the couch. I had the house open so Simba could come inside whenever he wanted to, since he was outside laying in the sun. Simba comes prancing in, comes up to my on the couch and nudges me (with a VERY cold nose:p ) So I ask him "What?".

He run towards the door looking, stopping to look back at me. So I got up and followed him. He walked outside all the way around the house, looking back every few seconds to make sure I was still following. He leads me all the way to the side gate when somehow was open. Maybe it's just me, but I think he was trying to tell me that the gate was open. :p So, I closed it and he went along with his business. ;)

Smilla
12-19-2003, 02:40 PM
Pretty impressive! I think the possibility of new smells would be too much temptation for Lefty!

K9soul
12-19-2003, 03:27 PM
How cute :D

"Mom, Mom, the gate is open, better take care of that!"

tatsxxx11
12-19-2003, 03:50 PM
You sure you're not related to Lassie, Sim???;) Smartie pup, smartie pup, smartie pup!!:D If that were Star and Cody..........out like a flash!:D Good Simba! What a smart pooch you are!:)

The other day Star showed me who was the stupid one and who was the smarite! She was standing in the kitchen barking; short, loud, persistent yaps. I was in the family room next to the kitchen and when she wouldn't stop and marched in to see what the problem was. I thought she was barking for a treat! I walked in the kitchen and said "Whaaaaaaat????" She looked right in to my eyes and flipped her head toward the sink...there times in a row! I looked down at the floor; her water bowl was empty:D

Cincy'sMom
12-19-2003, 03:55 PM
Good Boy, Simba!!!

trayi52
12-19-2003, 04:37 PM
Wow, thats like you never hear of something like this except on television. How clever he is, that just goes to show what lots of love for those babys has done for them.

Again, Clever, clever fellow!

Willie

Moose
12-19-2003, 05:14 PM
Simba, once again you've managed to impress me. ;) You're one smart puppers.....feel like teaching Moosey a few things? :p

dukedogsmom
12-19-2003, 06:48 PM
That is so funny! Simba, you're such a smart doggy! Duke did something like that the other day while I was at work. Somehow, his collar had slipped off. Mom always takes him out to get the paper. She was trying to hook up the leash and told him he couldn't go out without his collar, where was it? He walked her over to his dog bed and there it was. I just wish I could have been home to see it.

RubyMutt
12-19-2003, 07:38 PM
Good boy, Simba! :D

It's funny, literally just a few minutes ago I opened you Christmas card and showed it to my parents. They loved the photos (as did I ;)) and I told them that they're probably two of the smartest and well-trained dogs I've ever seen, the way they always pose so nicely for you! :D This just proves it!

Cookiebaker
12-19-2003, 07:50 PM
Good Boy, Simba! You are such a smart cookie, sometimes I wonder if you are part human!

And I know for one thing, that if it was Malone, he would NOT have taken time to come tell me about it. He would have been outta there and gone 10 blocks by then! :rolleyes:

Twisterdog
12-19-2003, 10:37 PM
My dogs would have looked at each other, said, "Shhhhh, don't tell Mom!" and gone exploring. LOL

K9karen
12-19-2003, 10:58 PM
WOW! Simber..StarShine..Dukester (Klo's boyfriend!) Endless "Good Jobs!" and lots and lots of head rubbies and nose kisses!!!!
My friend's black lab grabbed his empty food bowl and dropped it down the family room steps when his silly humans went to watch TV, each thinking the other fed him! NOT!

:p :rolleyes: I've been blessed with 2 smarta**es! But loveable none the less!!!

Kfamr
12-19-2003, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by K9karen
Dukester (Klo's boyfriend!)

AHEM!!!!!! Simba's boyfriend!
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid84/pbc224c6724975c28f4d34af2fb39394d/faca57ea.jpg

K9karen
12-19-2003, 11:17 PM
The Dukemeister is ONE popular boy, isn't he???? :D :D :D

Tonya
12-20-2003, 04:46 PM
What a good doggy! My dogs make a run for it. lol. In fact, the other day, I was driving, and I saw two dogs from a distance. I thought in my mind "Oh, those people have dogs that look similar to Dusty and Roxy...." "Oh, wait, that IS Dusty and Roxy!" Stupid carpet guy had left the gate open.

KYS
12-20-2003, 05:03 PM
I agree, Simba is a very smart dog.
Between you and me, I think Simba saw the gate open,
got tempted, but wanted your company for a walk.

(what a good dog for not leaving the yard.)

Pam
12-20-2003, 05:07 PM
You know dogs are really a lot smarter than we humans realize!!. I truly do believe Simba was sending a message to you KayAnn. However let me quickly say that Bella probably would have done some exploring on her own first before letting me know, if indeed she ever did let me know. :rolleyes: Ripley probably would have been *outta here* since he originally landed in the shelter as a stray. :eek:

I'll take this opportunity just to brag a little about my brother's dog, Millie. She is a west highland terrier. My sister-in-law has cancer and often will get up in the middle of the night to soak in a hot bathtub because it eases her pain somewhat. One night she was in the tub and didn't have the strength to get out. Millie had followed her into the bathroom, as she usually does, and when she started calling my brother's name and he didn't come, Millie went right next to the bed and barked. This woke my brother up so that he could hear my sister-in-law's calls. I truly do believe that God's messengers often wear fur! :)

Tonya
12-20-2003, 05:09 PM
Awww, Pam. Your story gave me the chills. What an angel!

trayi52
12-20-2003, 05:16 PM
I agree Pam, angels are certainly known to wear little fur coats aren't they? What would we do without our little angels?

We are a lucky bunch, aren't we?

Tray

K9karen
12-21-2003, 12:13 AM
That's why dog spelled backwards is.....

delidog
12-21-2003, 06:53 AM
K9Karen,
You took the words right out of my mouth!!!!!

Good Boy,Simba!!!!!
And an Extra Treat for Not leavingthe Yard!!!!!!