PDA

View Full Version : Return of the King

RubyMutt
12-17-2003, 11:42 AM
I KNOW I'm not the only one who went to the midnight showing this morning!

How great was that?!? I can't get over it.... Peter Jackson is AMAZING! What did you all think of it?

I went with Margaret (veegan on PT), my boyfriend, and a few other people. So, I know you, Margaret, can at least give some imput ;)

Anyone have any special favorite moments? I know, it's so hard to choose just one. I don't want to say too much just in case people read this who haven't seen it yet and would like to eventually.

slleipnir
12-17-2003, 11:44 AM
I hate you..! lol jk, that showing was sold out so I never got tickets :( I'm going on Friday and I -can't- wait!!!

catland
12-17-2003, 12:29 PM
I plan to see it next week when I have the week off. I'll probably watch the DVD's of the first two before I go so that I'm all ready.

I didn't see the first two in the theater and I wish that I did. I won't miss this one.

12-17-2003, 12:39 PM
We are planning to see it next week, when my hubby is home for a few days! We go with the children.:)

tikeyas_mom
12-17-2003, 01:01 PM
hey yeah all the tickes are sold out here for a week lol i am going to try to go on sunday :). I have read all the books and own the first two movies. I love lord of the rings, it is my all time favorite movie. :). hence my rats names :p. merry and pippin the lil hobbits. :)

EssTer
12-17-2003, 01:04 PM
Are you talking about Lord Of The Rings new movie?

RubyMutt
12-17-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by EssTer
Are you talking about Lord Of The Rings new movie?

Yes :)

Yeah, the showing we went to was sold out as well, but we made sure to buy our tickets way in advance :D One of the theaters in Seattle is going to show all three movies in a row. I CAN'T WAIT to go see it :D

Uabassoon
12-17-2003, 02:47 PM
I went to the midnight show, it was awsome! It was so crazy at the theater, when I bought my tickets online early in the morning, it was only playing on two screens. My friend and I checked later online to see if the show was sold out and they had added two additional screens! When we got there they added a 5th screen, all 5 screens were sold out! There must have been at least 1000 people running around the movie theater.

primabella
12-17-2003, 02:53 PM
Not into those sort of movies so I doubt I'll watch it. But I did see on the news the line-ups there were for the movie. :eek: People were even dressed up as different characters. It reminded me of the whole Star Wars thing. Lol.

Kirsten
12-17-2003, 03:44 PM
I just wanted to start a thread about it because I just came home from the cinema, and now I see you have already started one... :)

However, I'm totally overwhelmed and deeply impressed! But I'm also sad because this is the last one of the three movies.

I saw the original (english) version, so there weren't so many people in the theater and I got a ticket (you have to know, in Germany, movies are dubbed, but I don't want to see it with the German voices, it ruins the atmosphere IMO).

Several times I had tears in my eyes, and during the last 10 minutes, I couldn't help but crying all the time.

I have so many fave moments already (which I better do not mention to not to ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet), and I definitely have to see it again, at least one more time!

Peter Jackson did a wonderful, amazing job, and the three and a half hours passed in no time. And I'm still feeling like being under some kind of spell... :)

@tikeyas_mom: I have noticed before you named your rats after the hobbits - that's so cute! :)

Kirsten

Desert Arabian
12-17-2003, 04:37 PM
AHHHHHHHHH! I AM SOOOOOO EXCITED! My dad and I are going to see it @ 6 o'clock! I have my kleenex box ready to go- I can't go with out it!

AHHHHHHHHH! SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO SO EXCITED!

The book is awesome, so I can't wait to see what Jackson did with the movie!

Peter Jackson and the crew better get a lot of awards for this movie! And this movie better get an Academy award for best movie of the year! If it doesn't I am going to beat some sense into the people who choose the winners, and ask them if they were drinking when they made the decisions! :D :p :D :p

Kirsten
12-17-2003, 04:41 PM
I have my kleenex box ready to go- I can't go with out it!

That's definitely true!! I forgot mine, which was a real mistake!

Kirsten

HoRsELUvR
12-17-2003, 06:23 PM
My brother went to see it without me!Hopefully I will see it soon.My mom said next week,but i want to go on Friday or something.

countrycowgirl
12-17-2003, 07:11 PM
i hate all of ya'll that get to go see it lol just j/k i don't get to see it because my dad just had cancer surgury so i have no way to go because my mom is with him :( i am a big legolas fan i mean that is my man :p :D but i would rather my dad be better oh well i buy the extended and nonextended version on dvd lol:D

Kfamr
12-17-2003, 07:22 PM
I have no idea what you guys are talking about (yes, I know it's a movie though) i've never heard of it. :o

RubyMutt
12-17-2003, 07:52 PM
Originally posted by Kfamr
I have no idea what you guys are talking about (yes, I know it's a movie though) i've never heard of it. :o

It's the final movie adapted from the 'Lord of the Rings' trilogy written by JRR Tolkien. (the first two being 'Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring' and 'LOTR - The Two Towers)

I agree, BRING TISSUES! It was a little embarrassing, getting all teary-eyed in the theater... I knew it would happen (I'm a HUGE fan of the books), so I did bring my tissues along. There were quite a few people dressed for the occasion at the theater we went to. It was neat. I wish I was creative enough to put some elvish costume together... Although I did wear my FOTR t-shirt ;)

This is the BEST movie of the year. No questions asked! I agree, they better get some recognition when it's time to pass out the Oscars. I'm sure I'll be seeing it again this weekend :rolleyes: :D

carole
12-17-2003, 08:11 PM
Well we have the midnight sessions here too and I have heard people were waiting in line from 8 am in the morning to get tickets, one of our radio Dj's said he came out of the movie so darn proud of Peter Jackson, and that it was filmed here in our country and felt really happy to have neat friends, in the morning he gave everyone a hug at the radio station., so I reckon if thats the kind of feelings it makes people have , then that is awesome.

I too want to see some awards going to Peter Jackson, I hate to say it, I have not seen any of the movies, but I will when they are all on video, I feel somewhat ashamed not to have seen them yet. actually one of my daughter's friends was a hobbit in the movie, of course we donot know which one unfortunatley.
:)

Desert Arabian
12-17-2003, 09:41 PM
I just got back from seeing it. OMG- I am in total shock. I can't think. The movie has stunned me. Must see it again. Must see it on Saturday. In shock. Love it. Can't think. In shock.

*Shock has passes*

All I can say is WOW. Wayyyyyyyyyy beyond what I could imagine. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. One bad thing is they left out a couple of key parts that were in the book. Hopefully they will be in the extended version!? The parts they left out where the parts that I really wanted to see, too. Other than that minor complaint, it is 100% awesome.

It's a good thing I brought my kleenex, I made it 3/4 of the way through the movie without crying! I am so proud of myself! :D After the 3/4ths it was major waterworks.

Love it. Love it. Love it. Love it. Love it. Love it. Love it. Love it!!!!

wolfsoul
12-17-2003, 09:47 PM
My friend saw it yesterday, she said it was good. I still haven't seen it, but I'll go soon. :)

tikeyas_mom
12-18-2003, 12:22 AM
i am seeing a day show in the afternoon on sunday, it is the only time my best friend Sarah can make it off work :p.. I cant wait. I know what is going to happen and all since i have read the book :p. but i am scared to see the animations *scary spider* ;)..

Anyways i love the habbits, so i am excited.

RubyMutt
12-18-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by tikeyas_mom
but i am scared to see the animations *scary spider* ;)

The did an AMAZING job with Shelob. It is kind of nice having read the books before hand. During intense moments it calms you knowing how it turns out. Even still, the movie is very emotional. I still can't stop thinking about it! Must go see it again tomorrow!!! :o

tikeyas_mom
12-18-2003, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by RubyMutt
The did an AMAZING job with Shelob. It is kind of nice having read the books before hand. During intense moments it calms you knowing how it turns out. Even still, the movie is very emotional. I still can't stop thinking about it! Must go see it again tomorrow!!! :o

lol i cant wait to see it :p

ramanth
12-19-2003, 09:03 AM
EXCELLENT!! That's what I say. :D

I didn't see a midnight showing of it, since we were at a LOTR themed Banquet and Masquerade on Tuesday.

Instead we saw the Extended TTT and ROTK back to back on Wednesday. :)

Everyone in the theater laughed, cried, and cheered as one.

Eowyn taking on the Witchking.....that's one of my favorite scenes. :)

Kirsten
12-19-2003, 11:16 AM
Eowyn taking on the Witchking

Yep!!! When the witchking said no man would kill him, and she replied "I am no man!" It was phantastic!!! :)

I actually wanted to go back to the theatre tonight and see it again, but I dislocated my neck very badly and I'm on meds, so I can't drive. Will watch "the Fellowship" on dvd now instread...

Kirsten