PDA

View Full Version : I Need My Privacy

K & L
12-15-2003, 02:36 PM
Do your cats have an obsession of being in the bathroom when you’re in there? Gypsy and Bentley will meow at the door until we let them in. Where’s the privacy?:eek: :D

sirrahbed
12-15-2003, 02:38 PM
I ALWAYS have a cat or two in the bathroom with me. If not, they are crying and sticking their paws under the door so I give up and just leave the door ajar :rolleyes: It's like kids all over again.

emily_the_spoiled
12-15-2003, 02:47 PM
I always have at least one cat with me. Although there have been times when I have had upto three cats in the bathroom with me. My bathroom is a typical apartment size bathroom, so it gets pretty "cozy" sometimes :D :D

catlover4ever
12-15-2003, 02:48 PM
Oh yes, there is NO privacy in my house. It starts with Tigger running into the bathroom and flinging open the door. Then it is usually a visit from Abner , then he runs out of the bathroom, once again flinging open the door. Then come Mystic, flinging open the door. After closing the door for the third time, then comes Smokey. I might just as well leave the door open, except it lets the heat out of the room and when I get out of the shower I am freezing.

There is NO privacy with a cat around.

jenluckenbach
12-15-2003, 03:15 PM
I repeat something I have said before:
"There are doors on bathrooms?"
Ya coulda fooled me! :rolleyes:
I have so many cats in the bathroom there is no place to walk (it's a good thing I do my business sitting down. :p )

slick
12-15-2003, 03:27 PM
When you live alone you never have to close the BR door, so the cats just come wandering in. I think they see it as an opportunity for petting. Somehow peeing and petting just doesn't go together.....but it happens :D

K & L
12-15-2003, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by slick
When you live alone you never have to close the BR door, so the cats just come wandering in. I think they see it as an opportunity for petting. Somehow peeing and petting just doesn't go together.....but it happens :D

You just made me think of something funny. My husband got up in the middle of the night to pee. Of course lights were out and eyes closed, when he noticed no sound going into the toilet. He turns the light on, and there's Parker's head in the toilet and you guessed it, pee all over it!:eek: :eek:

RedHedd
12-15-2003, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by slick
Somehow peeing and petting just doesn't go together..... It doesn't? Coulda fooled me! I often giggle when I have the "whole family" in my teeny-tiny apartment bathroom. I'm just glad we're all fairly small, except for Mishi, of course! :rolleyes:

catcrazylady
12-15-2003, 03:40 PM
No privacy here either!! As soon as you go in its time for what the gang thinks is "Potty Lovin Time" http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif Pet, pet, pee, rub, rub, pee, pet some more!:D :D http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif

sirrahbed
12-15-2003, 03:41 PM
Just occured to me ...we spent the weekend up at my son and daughter-in-love's house - and I always had grandkitty Pickles in the bathroom with me there!! He loves to watch the toilet flush :D

CatDad
12-15-2003, 03:44 PM
K & L
You just made me think of something funny. My husband got up in the middle of the night to pee. Of course lights were out and eyes closed, when he noticed no sound going into the toilet. He turns the light on, and there's Parker's head in the toilet and you guessed it, pee all over it!

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D

I was just about to write a post and saw your last response. That has to be one of the most unique kitty in the way of going to the bathroom that I have every heard. It just creates one unique image.

OMG, is that funny.

Now to answer your question. Cats = no privacy in bathroom.

Bob has come in as long as he has been with us, and the Joey is now brave enough to come hang out in the bathroom when we are using it.

Thanks, once again for the story. It will make my work day much more bearable.:D

Lallypop11
12-15-2003, 04:23 PM
Hahaha, you guys have some great stories. Lucky always stares into the toilet when my fiance goes and even bats at his pee! LOL! :eek: He also loves to watch the toilet flush and will occasionally bat the water! :eek: :rolleyes:

Myself personally, I love having the company in the bathroom. I always leave the door open a crack and Lucky will go in and out and so will Bubby usually. They inspect the shower and see what I'm up to. My RB Tiger used to sit on my lap in the bathroom and I thought that was the greatest thing. The funniest thing is that Lucky knows that after the toilet flushes that the sink is supposed to turn on, and he LOVES his water and you better not forget him, he's a great reminder to all to wash your hands! I'm all for parties in the bathroom, the more the merrier! :D

Craftlady
12-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Our gang follows me into the bathroom. Skinny has even figured out that getting mom's attention is a sure thing if she's in the bathroom. Hubby let's them hang out with him while he is shaving and showering but not using the potty.

ROFL with the image of poor Parker.

Randy_K
12-15-2003, 04:57 PM
I used to leave the shower door open a little and Mango would lean in and out (out as soon as a drop of water would touch him) the entire time I was in the shower. He looked like the bird in a cuckoo clock. Then one day he decided to run around in the shower. He made a loop through the stall and dashed out of the room soaking wet. I now can take a shower in peace although he sometimes sits on the rail above the shower doors.

Cataholic
12-15-2003, 05:22 PM
I can't remember the last time I closed the bathroom door at home..whether showering, toileting, brushing the teethers....I just don't think my door closes.

And for those of you complaining about kitties and tiny bathrooms? I have two words for you.....

St. Bernards!:D

RedHedd
12-15-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic
And for those of you complaining about kitties and tiny bathrooms? I have two words for you..... St. Bernards!:D LOL! My favorite dogs! If I had a dog it would be a St. Bernard or a Great Pyrenees! There's a guy in my neighborhood who has THREE Great Pyrenees! They're HUGE and so wonderfully fluffy, although I don't think even one would fit in my bathroom. Besides the cats would go on strike! :D

trayi52
12-15-2003, 05:57 PM
LOL, I loved all your stories. Thats what happens here, go to the bathroom with an audience of about 5, 2 cats and 3 dogs. The cats sit in my lap, and the dogs just sit and stare with these huge eyes, wanting me to pet them, there is no privacy at my house, and to top it off, there is a monkey looking in the window.:D

2kitties
12-15-2003, 06:03 PM
If the bathroom door is closed, they're convinced they'll miss the water faucet dance.

trinity
12-16-2003, 06:36 AM
We actually have an old robe tie in the bathroom 'cause that is Oatmeal's favorite place to play.

Catsnclay
12-16-2003, 12:04 PM
My 3 have always thought that when I'm in the bathroom its their "quality" time with me! :rolleyes:

Felicia's Mom
12-16-2003, 12:16 PM
I never close my bathroom door because, I live by myself and both litterboxes are in there.