PDA

View Full Version : UM...EMMA is a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

NoahsMommy
12-10-2003, 03:40 PM
She's a BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot believe that my darling, sweet, Emma girl is a darling, sweet BOY kitty!!!

Both kittens went in today to be spayed and before it was Emma's turn, my vet called me back and showed me that Emma has a penis!!!!

Her...I mean, HIS...testicles aren't desended yet and my vet only felt one at that. We're going to wait one month and then get him...this is just too wierd, neutered. Can you believe it????

On the other hand, my little Phoebe girl had her sir-jury and she was waking up just as I left for lunch. She had to have one of her extra nails removed (wasn't a declaw, there was no bone there..don't worry, I checked! ;) ) because it would have grown into her paw and would have caused her a lot of pain. She got microchipped as well...so she's all set. :)

Now that Emma is a boy...I want to keep her...him. I know it sounds dumb...but I was worried with two more girls cause of their attitudes they get as they get older. But...a boy would almost even the score. ;) Hmmmm....

Emma will now be known as Samson. :) Cute???

PayItForward
12-10-2003, 03:53 PM
OH MY GOD.

Another Boy

AND

You are KEEPING her, I mean him ;)

What happened to the NO MORE KITTIES rule ;)

Felicia's Mom
12-10-2003, 03:55 PM
That happened to me too. Once got a female kitten. "Her" name was Cleo short for Cleopatra. When I took her in to be spayed, I was told that "she" was a male.

Since Cleo was used to his name, it became short for Cleophus, (A man in the Bible).

jenluckenbach
12-10-2003, 04:03 PM
:eek: :eek: Well, I had a pen pal from Ghana, West Africa, when I was in school whose name was Emma (for Emmanuel) SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I guess you could KEEP the name. ;)

Steffi N
12-10-2003, 04:06 PM
It may be a yawn, but it sure looks like a laugh :D :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/pc33212caf932798f85cc3bccd1dcce58/fa6e3f6b.jpg

Welcome to Pet Talk, Samson You sure are a keeper.
I'm glad Phoebe's nail surgery went well.

NoahsMommy
12-10-2003, 04:18 PM
Jenny - um...well...that no more rule applied only to NEW additions. ;) Now I am SO bringing Jen's gray kitty to you in 2005!! Get ready... ;)

Jen - EXCELLENT idea!!! Emmanuel...and its a bible name!! You're good!! :D

Steffi - awwww! You're too cute!! :)

If the eye surgeon/vet still wants Emma/Samson, she can take him. But if not, I sure wont be heartbroken!! ;)

aly
12-10-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Steffi N
It may be a yawn, but it sure looks like a laugh :D :D

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid91/pc33212caf932798f85cc3bccd1dcce58/fa6e3f6b.jpg

Welcome to Pet Talk, Samson You sure are a keeper.
I'm glad Phoebe's nail surgery went well.

Hahahaha!!!!!!

I can just imagine how surprised you were, Kelly!

sirrahbed
12-10-2003, 04:31 PM

Have this odd laugh that is choking me and threatening to crack my face! OMEGOSH!!! TOO funny!!:D <---YES that is how I must look!

jazzcat
12-10-2003, 05:24 PM
Looks like the next time you put SoftPaws on Emma they should be blue, LOL!!!!!!!!!

catnapper
12-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Betchya fell off your chair when you heard that one! Poor thing might have an identity crises now.;)

catnapper
12-10-2003, 05:43 PM
Betchya fell off your chair when you heard that one! Poor thing might have an identity crises now.;)

wolfsoul
12-10-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
[B][COLOR=teal]

Both kittens went in today to be spayed and before it was Emma's turn, my vet called me back and showed me that Emma has a penis!!!!

LOL! :D OMG!

micki76
12-10-2003, 05:57 PM
Poor Emma/Samson! I hope he doesn't have "issues" from all this! :eek:

jenluckenbach
12-10-2003, 06:01 PM
Kelly, My pal's name was Emmanuel Seth (if you'd like to use that as the first and middle name) It already sounds good together. ;)

I am still laughing at the whole thing.....wooo hooo tooooo funny!!!!

moosmom
12-10-2003, 06:10 PM
Kelly,

That is TOO funny! I like the name Emmanuel though. I rescued a kitten (a beautiful Tortie) I named Hanna Mae. When I took her to the vet for her initial check up, I found out Hanna Mae was a boy!!! Imagine that! A boy tortie! I named him Eli. My friend in CT adopted him. His name is now Guinness (her husband named him :( )

Lorraine
12-10-2003, 06:19 PM
that's funny! The same thing happened with my Sammy. I thought he was a girl, so we named her Samantha, when we took her in for her first vet vist, the doctor said "Samantha huh? I think you've got yourself a Sam here"!:D

slick
12-10-2003, 07:12 PM
You can call him Emmatt....LOL

popcornbird
12-10-2003, 07:34 PM
Emma's a BOY?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek: Oh my gosh! Who would've expected? :o :o LOL I'm shocked!

Prairie Purrs
12-10-2003, 07:36 PM
TOO funny! They really like to keep us guessing, don't they? :D

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-10-2003, 08:27 PM
:eek: :eek:

Don't worry though, happens to the best of us. When I first got Tubby his first mom thought he was a girl and named him Bitsy. I didn't find out differently until I took him in to be spayed. Vet told me "It's going to be kinda hard to spay him!" I just took my friend's word for it that Bitsy was a girl and never bothered to check for myself. :rolleyes: :D Don't know how he went from Bitsy to Tubby though - must have been all those treats over the years. ;) :rolleyes: :D

Either way I'm glad he's got a home, either with you or with the vet. :D

CatDad
12-10-2003, 10:53 PM
This is just too funny.:) LOL I agree that you may want to use blue softpaws next time.;)

Well I am happy to hear that the vet caught it before he did anything.:o I am also really happy to hear that he has a home no matter what.:)

krazyaboutkatz
12-10-2003, 11:34 PM
Wow! I bet you sure were surprised.:) I'm glad to hear that Phoebe's surgery went well and that Emmanuel or Samson will have a loving forever home with either you or the eye surgeon.:) At least he's still young enough to relearn a new name.:)

shais_mom
12-10-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by popcornbird
Emma's a BOY?!?!?! :eek::eek::eek: Oh my gosh! Who would've expected? :o :o LOL I'm shocked!
ditto!!

bisi.cat
12-11-2003, 01:53 AM
LOL:D
I wish I could have seen your face when they've told you...that little imp has hidden his identity for such a long time...
He's a little magician for that!!!

Too cute, and I love both names, but think that HE would easier get used to Emmanuel...

trayi52
12-11-2003, 02:18 AM
I am sorry, but I find this sooo funny, it sounds like what happened to us about 17 years ago, we got this Capauchin Monkey, and the lady swore it was a boy, (this monkey came from a circus and was mistreated so badly, they said that after the mother had her, they just threw her in the cage and that was it, I won't mention the name of the circus, because it is a very well known circus) well she looked like a boy to me, I took her to the vet to get him checked out, and everything was alright with this little monkey. Just so wild, you would not believe. Anyway, I took one of my dogs to the vet, and the vet says, "How is Bugger, how is she doing?", I said "Oh he is doing, wait a minute, Bugger is not a girl, Bugger is a boy!". That vet was having fun by then, and was laughing at me big time. I explained to him that Bugger had a "penis", and she did!

Well he just laughs at me some more and says, "Well they all have that", there a little more to a female Capauchin than any other animal, LOL, she was indeed a girl. Found that out after I got home and done a very close examination of her.

That vet sure did have fun with me that day, and I was just standing there trying to explain why she was a boy. You can just imagine what I was saying to him.:o ,

So I know how you feel, except I was foolish enough to argue with the vet, if he hadn't been laughing at me so hard, well gee, maybe I would have believed him sooner.:D

Good luck with Emma?:confused: :)

Tray

HayleyRosie
12-11-2003, 05:30 AM
I'm shocked! :eek:

catcrazylady
12-11-2003, 05:50 AM
I opened this post first thing this morning and my mouth dropped open!! I can't imagine your reaction to the news!!
I had the same thing happen as Lorraine and I think it is a Sammy thing! I named him Sally and at about six months changed it to Sammy when things began to develop. I'm just glad I didn't experience it at the vets!!!!
This is too funny!http://petoftheday.com/talk/images/our_smilies/biggrin.gif
If I'm remembering right I think you commented not to long ago on how much bigger "Emma" was than Phoebe. I guess now we know why!!

Twink
12-11-2003, 07:00 AM
LOL LOL LOL

Well, that's going to take some getting used to, isn't it??

I'm glad you want to keep him if the eye doctor doesn't! I know it would have been hard for you to give "her" up.

I like "Emmanuel" for a name! And if "Emma" still sounds a little to feminine, you could always just call him "Em." As in, "Yo, Em!"

:D

catlover4ever
12-11-2003, 07:26 AM
:D :D :D I'm sorry I can not stop grinning. What a way to start the morning.

It happens to the best of us. I really thought Mystic was a boy and I had been calling her Merlin for about a month. When I finally got close enough for an "inspection" I found out he was really a she.

ramanth
12-11-2003, 08:28 AM
Ack! Emma is having a gender crisis!! :eek: :eek: :p :D

I think Samson is a cute name. :) What a silly bloke.

amoore
12-11-2003, 09:38 AM
That is so funny! For some reason a song comes to my mind. A song by Johnny Cash "A boy name Sue". I know you probably have not heard that song. Its an old song.

gini
12-11-2003, 10:21 AM
Oh Kelly, what a shock! But it is funny.

My very first love cat was given to me when "He" was six months old.

I was sure it was a female and took "Her" in to be spayed ---same thing, the testicles had not dropped and "He" had to be neutered not spayed.

Can you imagine what the vets around the country say about us?

Emmett - you could call him Em for short, but I like Samson too!

Barbara
12-11-2003, 02:37 PM
I think Emma like Emmanuel is fine. And I once knew a kitty called Donna who after some time changed to Don ;)

And one of my first cats, the only son of feral Grisette was Samson -looking like Nakita and the cutest and loveliest little boy:D

So everything is ok -with any name.

Russian Blue
12-11-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by amoore
For some reason a song comes to my mind. A song by Johnny Cash "A boy name Sue". I know you probably have not heard that song. Its an old song.

I'm grinning as well since I also thought of that song! My dad was a big Johnny Cash fan and he always played his songs, so I know it and I don't consider myself that OLD! Ha!

;)

RICHARD
12-11-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy

to funny,

We have had a run on the 'p' word in the last week or two, haven't we???:eek: ;) :D

Actually you could call him "Eminem"...

For a while I thought he was a woman too....:p

sirrahbed
12-11-2003, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by RICHARD
to funny,

We have had a run on the 'p' word in the last week or two, haven't we???:eek: ;) :D

Actually you could call him "Eminem"...

For a while I thought he was a woman too....:p

I have actually been WAITING to hear what RICHARD would have to say on this one..:D and I was not disappointed:D........Eminem.....hehehehe

Miss Meow
12-11-2003, 03:48 PM
:D

NoahsMommy
12-11-2003, 03:51 PM
HA HA!!! :) You all are so funny!! :D

David has officially named him Samson. We'll just have to see if we are able to be his meowmie and daddee. I hope we are, but it'll work out for the best. Boy or girl, I'll have a really hard time saying goodbye to sweet Emma/Samson. :(

Too funny, we call him "Em" all the time. But regardless of what his name is...he only knows "BABIES!" as his name.

He is much bigger than Phoebe. I guess that did explain that issue.

Gosh, I still cannot believe Emma is a boy....I mean....Samson.

amoore
12-11-2003, 04:12 PM
Russian Blue, glad you had heard the song. I was afraid nobody would know what I was talking about. LOL!

Theres that funny Richard!:D