PDA

View Full Version : Post your favorite holiday recipe here:

Christiansmommy
12-08-2003, 01:00 PM
It can be a dessert, main course, side dish or whatever you like. I know i like to make recipes that have been tried and proven good, rather than trying one that may be a flop, if ya know what i mean?! I will go search my recipes and post one later. Keep those yummy holiday recipes coming :)

Robyn

Tonya
12-08-2003, 01:45 PM
I just tried these at a party this weekend. I hate spicy food, yet I loved them. They aren't very spicy if you get all the seeds out.

2 (12 ounce) packages ground sausage
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
30 jalapeno chile peppers
1 pound sliced bacon, cut in half

1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2 Place ground sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.
3 Drain sausage and place in a medium bowl. Mix with the cream cheese.
4 Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise. Remove the seeds. Stuff each jalapeno half with equal portions of the sausage and cream cheese mixture. Wrap with half slices of bacon. Secure bacon with toothpicks.
5 Arrange wrapped jalapenos in a large, shallow baking dish. Bake in the preheated oven 20 minutes, or until the bacon is evenly brown.

Makes 20 servings

Miss Meow
12-08-2003, 02:25 PM
Breakfast: champagne and strawberries

I'm a simple girl :)

How about mini quiches? Fast, and dead easy.

In a bowl, mix some eggs, a dollop of cream, a handful of grated cheddar or tasty cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir well to combine. This is the base.

Mix in some frozen spinach (thawed) and finely diced tomato for florentine-style quiches.

Or add some finely chopped asparagus, yum yum.

If you eat meat, some cubed ham with asparagus will work nicely.

Get some frozen puff pastry sheets and cut into circles that will fit into the holes of two muffin pans. Line the muffin pans and three-quarter fill with the egg mix. Sprinkle some grated parmesan cheese on top and pop in the oven for 10 minutes.

It's a freeform recipe, so if you have too much mix leftover, it makes a nice omelette :)

Pam
12-08-2003, 04:44 PM
Brandy Alexander Pie

Cookie crumb or graham cracker pie crust
3 cups miniature marshmallows
1/2 cup milk
1 1/2 cups chilled whipping cream
1/4 cup dark creme de cacao
3 tablespoons brandy

Melt marshmallows with milk over low heat, stirring constantly. Chill until thickened.

In separate chilled bowl, beat cream until stiff.

Stir marshmallow mixture to blend a little and then gradually stir in creme de cacao and brandy. Fold into whipped cream.

Pour into baked crust and chill at least 4 hrs. YUM!

aly
12-08-2003, 10:41 PM
Could someone give me some tips on sending cookies in the mail? How do I keep them fresh? I think my mom and grandmother used to put pieces of bread in with the cookies and that kept the moisture in them. Does that sound right or am I mixed up?

Thanks!

shais_mom
12-08-2003, 11:39 PM
I am still waiting on the recipes for Cookie salad and Rueban dip from Thanksgiving! :)

aly
12-08-2003, 11:47 PM
Cookie salad!??!!?! What's that??? Whatever it is, I want some!

Ohh, I just looked some up! Is this what you had Staci?

OREO COOKIE SALAD

2 c. buttermilk
2 pkgs. vanilla instant pudding
2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
16 oz. Cool Whip
3/4 lb. oreos, crushed
Mix buttermilk and vanilla pudding, according to directions on package. Add mandarin oranges, Cool Whip and oreos mix well. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

shais_mom
12-08-2003, 11:53 PM
ohhh I don't know Aly but that does sound good!!!
I want the recipes in this thread!
http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=38817

:)

Miss Meow
12-09-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by aly
Could someone give me some tips on sending cookies in the mail? How do I keep them fresh? ...

Send me several huge boxes of cookies, so if a few aren't fresh, it doesn't matter ;) :D

yumyum.com (love that name!) says to add sliced bread on top of your cookies.

http://www.yumyum.com/questionsanswered/

Christiansmommy
12-15-2003, 02:18 PM
*bump*

i will post a couple pf recipes tonight after my little 2 year old goes to sleep and i have time ;)

K9karen
12-15-2003, 07:49 PM
1) Go to drawer 2} take out corkscrew
3) open fridge
4) take out big bottle of wine
5} open wine with corkscrew
You have to be over 21 to do this..Just trying to be funny..I hope K & P don't delete this..sorry..My poor attempt to be humorous..burp.

Cincy'sMom
12-15-2003, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by K9karen
1) Go to drawer 2} take out corkscrew
3) open fridge
4) take out big bottle of wine
5} open wine with corkscrew
You have to be over 21 to do this..Just trying to be funny..I hope K & P don't delete this..sorry..My poor attempt to be humorous..burp.

LOL!!

Pam- The pie sounds wonderful!! I'll hve togive that one a try!