PDA

View Full Version : my brothers new pet!!!

tikeyas_mom
10-03-2003, 04:30 PM
My brother got a new pet....

scroll down to find out what it is..........

*~*~*~*~
8`8`8`8`8`8`
*~*~*~

8`8`8`8`8`8

*~*~*~
8`8`8`8`8`

scroll down more......

.................................................. ............
.................................................. ...
.*
now make a guess!!! what you think my brother got~~!~~~~!~~~~!

more

a lil more

5 more enters and you'll know........

.....................................************* *******.........
******************................................ ..*******8
..................................**************** *****8.....

he got a..........

http://www.anhs.com.au/images/Preying_Mantis.jpg

PREY MANTIS

it is sooooo sick!!!eepp I am scared that it will escape out of its tank lol. mahhh!!!!! we feed it moths and flys!! ugh I am scared of it!!! it is going to kill us all lmao!!!!

did you know that after mating the prey mantis ffemale will eat the male. almost like a spider!! ugh !!!! scared *shivers* runs.

lol anyways I thought it was pritty interesting when he brang it home!! ugh!!!! and it looks just like the one in the pic!! epps

what did you all think I had gotten??;)

wolf_Q
10-03-2003, 06:18 PM
Did he buy it or just catch it? Those are pretty common around here. I love praying mantis.....I used to catch them all the time. They really aren't so bad if you just let them crawl on your hand.

Kfamr
10-03-2003, 07:26 PM
Hm, ok.

tikeyas_mom
10-03-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Did he buy it or just catch it? Those are pretty common around here. I love praying mantis.....I used to catch them all the time. They really aren't so bad if you just let them crawl on your hand.

ya ther anr not common around here lol. my brother cought it lol. my dad is totally upsessed about it ;).

and kayann why reply to my post when you dont say anything but. .... .. Hm, ok.

??? :confused:

ILoveMyAbbyGirl
10-03-2003, 09:03 PM
*just wondering what the waste of space was for?*

They aren't that scary. I would hold one if I had the chance.

GoldenRetrLuver
10-03-2003, 09:10 PM
I've held a few before, and it's hardly scary....I think they're cool.

tikeyas_mom
10-03-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
*just wondering what the waste of space was for?*

They aren't that scary. I would hold one if I had the chance.

well alot of you thought I would get another animal after my mom gave away the birds. which I didnt :p. So I thought it would be funny to see what you guys thought I might have gottn. ;) wasnt it suspenseful?? ;) ;)

luckies4me
10-03-2003, 09:52 PM
I used to have a praying mantis, you also spelt it wrong BTW.

Her name was Prangy, and she even built an eggsack, but my cats decided it was tasty and ate it. She lived a LONG time, longer than most do.

They like to eat other insects too, like crickets, waxworms and cadydids. And they like to eat a LOT so feed it often.

As far as the females eating the males, that is if the males are not smart. The ones that live know how to mate the right way, and esape ASAP!

I have an old pic of my Prangy, but it's kinda blurry. I love insects. Hopefully next week I'll be getting a millapede. :D Today I got two degus.....:eek: I swear, I own a zoo!

tikeyas_mom
10-03-2003, 10:03 PM
well I didnt know it was that damn important to spell it with a *ing* and the end of pray mantis... and .... yeah ... I know I spelt it with a e but whatever... I dont care.. :)

CathyBogart
10-03-2003, 10:39 PM
Nifty, I'm looking at possibly getting a flower mantis soon, we have two gorgeous ones at work.

wolfsoul
10-03-2003, 10:44 PM
I remember when your brother caught it. He got so excited that he ran in the room while I was getting dressed. :o He didn't seem very uncomfortable to see a girl sitting there in her bra. :o :o :o

LOL

I don't think they are that scary, I think they are neat, but I doubt I'd touch it..

luckies4me
10-03-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by WolfChan
Nifty, I'm looking at possibly getting a flower mantis soon, we have two gorgeous ones at work.

I have been looking for one of those for a LONG time! The Japanese ones that look like Orchids, soo pretty!

CathyBogart
10-04-2003, 01:15 AM
That's what we have!! We've got two, one's a teeny little one!!

Tonya
10-04-2003, 09:19 AM
I love praying mantis! They remind me of little people. We used to have them everywhere when I was a kid. I hadn't seen one in years, and then my son and I found one last week. I was soooo excited! We just played with a while then released him on my aphid infested roses. lol. There'll be plenty of food there!

IluvMyBeagle
10-04-2003, 12:53 PM
oh my gosh they kinda rmeind me of little people too.... no affence to the people who love them but uh they look a little scary.... :) i have enerv seen one before lol

green_chameleon_girl
10-04-2003, 10:02 PM
we have one as a class pet:rolleyes: I hate the fact that it cant be free! and there is a sack of babies in the class to! school pets are pathetic!

tikeyas_mom
10-05-2003, 12:10 AM
omg my brother is soo cute, he just told me why he came home with the preying mantis!!! he said that is was missing a leg so he felt bad for it!! omg the preying mantis is laying eggs right now!! :eek: