PDA

View Full Version : Great news about my old feral kitty!!!!!

Tonya
09-24-2003, 09:59 PM
I had been feeding this feral cat for the past few years. She's a beautiful long coat white cat with blue cross eyes. She was one of the most skittish cats I've ever dealt with. For two years straight, no matter what I did, she wouldn't eat until I was back in the house and the food was sitting for a few minutes. I don't know if you all remember, but she is the one I mentioned in the indoor/outdoor cat debate. For a minute there, I actually earned some of her trust. I brought her inside, she got loose, and never came back. Well, that was a year ago. About 6 months ago, I saw her briefly in the bushes. I got all excited and called my husband at work and told him my cat was back and that she looked healthy. Then, she disappeared again.

Well, I got to talking to the neighbors today. I don't talk to them much; they're an elderly couple who keep to themselves. THEY HAVE HAD THE KITTY! :D She says she had been feeding her the past few years too. Overtime she just left her back door open and the cat gradually started coming inside for feedings. I was never able to do that, because I wouldn't want my other pets to get out. My neighbor says she didn't mention it to me because she didn't know I was feeding the cat too. She says that it is now an indoor cat only. (It must have gotten loose for the day when I spotted a few months back.) I am so happy. I thought the kitty had died. My neighbor says she is still very skittish, but is coming around.

Miss Meow
09-24-2003, 10:47 PM
Excellent! It's good to hear your neighbours are as kind as you. Does she have a name now?

krazyaboutkatz
09-24-2003, 11:10 PM
This is wonderful news!!!:)

Killearn Kitties
09-25-2003, 05:18 AM
This is excellent news. We were also able to get our feral mother to come into the house, just by leaving the door open. We have a cat flap now and the cats all have access to the garden, but before we installed it, I used to leave the door open at night and Jessica (feral mum) would come into the house and hide behind a piece of furniture to allow me to go and close the back door. She very quickly appreciated the comfort of a warm bed at night and food whenever she wanted it.

That was seven years ago now and although she is never going to turn into a lap cat, she does trust us and definitely likes being around.

HayleyRosie
09-25-2003, 05:55 AM
Wonderful news! Congratulations.

Tonya
09-25-2003, 06:59 AM
I had named her Victoria. I was so excited about her having a home and being alive, I didn't ask my neighbor if she renamed her. I'll have to ask next time I see her.

Logan
09-25-2003, 07:55 AM
What a wonderful ending to Victoria's story, Tonya!!!! :D I would bet that she is spoiled rotten!!!! :) I hope so!!! :)

ramanth
09-25-2003, 09:16 AM
Thats wonderful news! Plus I'm sure it's a load off your mind. :D

K & L
09-25-2003, 09:30 AM
YIPPEEEEE........:D :D

catmandu
09-25-2003, 09:33 AM
What a Lucky Feral cat that has a choice of two homes , where he can go and find food and love! He truly is one of the Luckiest strays that I have ever heard of. And you people are the BEST to care so much! May the Lords blessing be upon you!

rg_girlca
09-25-2003, 04:00 PM
This is such wonderful news. I'm so happy for you and for precious Victoria.

catland
09-25-2003, 05:43 PM
that's great:D :D I'm so happy for you and for Victoria and for the neighbors for giving her a new forever home:D :D