PDA

View Full Version : Editorial about stolen kitten

Tonya
09-23-2003, 07:09 PM
There were two editorials in my newspaper from both a woman and her friend who were complaining because someone broke into her van and "stole" her kitten. It is between 95-110 degrees F where I live, and this woman is upset that someone took her kitten. What an idiot! I would have broken the van window and took that cat too!

Here are a few parts of the editorials:

...My friend met me at Chuck E. Cheese's after picking up her daughter's kitty at the vet. We were all to meet for a quick pizza, then I would take the three children to my house for a sleepover and my friend would go home to enjoy dinner with her husband. My friend parked in the shade with Julia (the kitten) sleeping in her van.

...To the despicable character who on Aug. 22 wreaked havoc on my daughter's life...

...This kitten means the world to my family. She has just had surgery and requires ongoing care. Please return the kitten.

Uabassoon
09-23-2003, 07:13 PM
I would have stolen the kitten too, she could have easily dropped the kitten off at home on her way from the vet before going to get pizza.

RICHARD
09-23-2003, 07:14 PM
i would have broken the window and left her a note that the 'kitten' wrote......

it would have had a whole bunch of four letter words.....everyone knows kittens don't know alot of the BIG words.;)

CathyBogart
09-23-2003, 09:20 PM
I would have done the same thing! :mad:

2kitties
09-23-2003, 09:45 PM
*raises hand*
It was me. I stole the kitten. Well, maybe not. But I probably would've

Miss Meow
09-23-2003, 11:45 PM
If someone broke into the van and 'stole' the kitten, the thief probably knew it takes only minutes for an animal to die from the heat in the car. Go thief!

I was at the shop this morning when a boy brought in a dog that had nearly been run over. He used the shop's phone the ring the number on the dog's tag, and the owner said that she knew the dog was out, but didn't realise it was on the road. :rolleyes:

moosmom
09-24-2003, 07:03 AM
Although I think the woman's way of saving the kitten was a little drastic, in that kind of hot weather, I would've called the cops. At least this way the woman could be charged with animal cruelty. Then she'd have to explain to her kid why she was being dragged off in handcuffs.

But then again, if I saw it happen, my adrenalin would've been pumping :mad: and I probably would have done the same thing.

A "quick" pizza in that heat means a sure "quick" death for a kitten in a hot van.

STUPID, STUPID STUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUPID woman!!!!

Tonya
09-24-2003, 07:07 AM
A "quick" pizza in that heat means a sure "quick" death for a kitten in a hot van.

I don't know if you all have Chuck E. Cheese where you live, but there is no such thing as a "quick" pizza there! Especially with a bunch of kids. It is full of arcades, toys and singing life size puppets. They give you a bunch of free tokens when you buy the pizza. There's no way you take a bunch of kids in there, eat and run.

Pam
09-24-2003, 07:12 AM
I wouldn't have broken into the van but my first thought would have been to go into the place where they were eating and have them paged if possible. On second thought, the idea of calling the police is probably a better one because then they could have brought charges against her. That would hopefully send her a message! I am always amazed at the stupidity of people who leave pets and children in their cars (in any kind of weather)! Whatever are they thinking!

emily_the_spoiled
09-24-2003, 12:43 PM
If the police there are anything like the police in Baltimore City, the kitten would have died before they reached there. (Unless it involves more than one human body they are not the fastest responders in the world.)

The other option would have been to have pizza first and then pick up the kitten...

But the action taken is perfectly understandable.