PDA

View Full Version : " I Don't Care"

Fox-Gal
09-21-2003, 12:48 AM
I Don't Care

I don’t care if you run through the house with mud all over your feet, or if you jump up on the counter and steal something to eat.

I don’t care if you have an accident and leave a “surprise” on the floor, or if you hog the bed all night and keep me awake with your snore.

I don’t care if you run into me and near knock me down the stairs,
or if you shed and cover my couch with lots of short prickly hairs.

I don’t care if you get into the trash and drag it all over the house,
or if you lie all over my laundry and ruin my favorite blouse.

I don’t care if you rip my arm out because in tug-o-war you hate to lose, or if you just can’t help yourself from chewing my favorite shoes.

I don’t care if after you eat you come wipe your joules on my leg,
or if when I tell you to, “go lay down,” you just continue to beg.

I don’t care if you will not sit still so that I can clip your nails, or if when I try to take you picture you flip on your back and flail.

I don’t care if you tear up my bushes and try to hide behind them not to be seen, or if you attack the vacuum while I’m desperately trying to clean.

I don’t care if you leave “eye goobers” dried up all over the walls,
or if I am tripping over your toys you leave through out the halls.

I don’t care if I spend fortune taking you to the vet, or you shake off after a bath and get me soaking wet.

I don’t care if my once clean windows are filthy with “stuff” from your nose, or if when I am trying to water my shrubs you keep jumping and biting the hose.

I don’t care if your eliminating leaves brown patches all over my lawn, and I really don’t care if you’re flashy, brindle, white or fawn.

What’s important to me is that every day you somehow make me laugh, and all these things that are annoying take just moments to forget.

When I brought you home I promised you I would give you the best of care, and though I may not have trained you perfectly, blaming you isn’t fair.

I love you with all of my heart and I will never let you go, your love is unconditional, so is mine I hope you know.

There was someone who didn’t see that light shining in your eyes, who didn’t find you worth it and told the shelter all sorts of lies.

What they really should have said is,”I am not fit to own a pet,
this dog deserves a second chance and by God that’s what he’ll get.”

ks

tomkatzid
09-21-2003, 01:05 AM
tears..................
I sent this to all my e mail friends, even those without pets.

delidog
09-21-2003, 07:54 AM
Foxgal,
That was Wonderful...I also sent it on!!!!
Thanks

pitc9
09-21-2003, 08:04 AM
~tears....tears and more tears~

That was awsome!!
Thanks!

Rachel
09-21-2003, 09:08 AM
Thank you for sharing this special poem. All of us who have rescued dogs from one place or the other, know of which it speaks.

Pam
09-21-2003, 09:20 AM
Oh more tears! First there was the poem "Second Dog" today and now this! I can relate to ALL of these things and I cherish each and every naughty little deed that both of my dogs do! My Ripley is my only rescue but I tell him all the time that his former owner's loss is my gain.

I had to smile wide when I read this one though.... or if you attack the vacuum while I’m desperately trying to clean. That describes my Ripley perfectly! He tries to protect his new household from the evil monster with the light in front! :)

Aah what a sweet thread! Thank you for it Fox-Gal!

bluekat
09-21-2003, 09:41 AM
oh, that's so beautiful! I'm trying to keep the tears from coming.
Thanks for sharing that, I loved it:)

dukedogsmom
09-21-2003, 10:18 AM
That is so sweet! I've got "nose stuff" all over my passenger side window in my truck. I rarely clean it as it reminds me of Duke and how happy he is when he's riding with me.

Aspen and Misty
09-21-2003, 10:27 AM
Awww! Even more tears, lol! That was wonderful!

Every homless dogs dream is to find a home just like yours.

Ash

Tonya
09-21-2003, 10:59 AM
That gave the chills. Good poem!

Candy16
09-21-2003, 11:22 AM
This is a beautiful poem! Thanks for sharing!

lovemyshiba
09-21-2003, 03:54 PM
Thank you so much for sharing that beautiful poem!!

Cataholic
09-21-2003, 04:28 PM
Oh, Fox-gal, that was beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Fox-Gal
09-21-2003, 10:03 PM
Thanks guys, I'm glad you liked it. :) It was written for a very very special dog.

Kater
09-21-2003, 10:21 PM
*crying*! Loved it! Thanks for sharing it, Fox-Gal!

K9karen
09-21-2003, 11:10 PM
The tissue box is now almost empty, between Amy's poem and now this!!! I always doubted my rescuing because of "other people's problems" but now I know with all my heart, that their only problem was stupidity and ignorance. Their loss was my gain for sure! All your wonderful, endearing stories helped me make a very special decsion and I thank you for opening my eyes too! Yeah..life's too short to worry about mud and hair and nose glob on the car window!

captain
09-21-2003, 11:37 PM
That was brilliant ............. so true
..... the joules is Captain!!!! and the toys in the hall is Ruby!

Thanks so much for sharing this .....

Fox-Gal
09-21-2003, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by K9karen
The tissue box is now almost empty, between Amy's poem and now this!!! I always doubted my rescuing because of "other people's problems" but now I know with all my heart, that their only problem was stupidity and ignorance. Their loss was my gain for sure! All your wonderful, endearing stories helped me make a very special decsion and I thank you for opening my eyes too! Yeah..life's too short to worry about mud and hair and nose glob on the car window!

I'm almost afraid to read Amy's poem now, I'm don't think I have any tissues here. But I have to now. :)

I'm gald you enjoyed it, I never really meant for it to make people tear up, just to think and I'm gald it did that for you. (Sorry for the tears)

Mud, hair, glob, etc can all be cleaned away in time. Never sweat the little things in life. It's the bigger things that matter. Filling your heart and the heart of a unwanted pet with love over rides any mess/ inconvenience they might bring to your home.

Dakota's Mommy
09-22-2003, 10:20 AM
Very good and very touching! Thanks for sharing!